Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better, nice on the loss!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great news on the workout - it won't take long to get back to where you were...

And awesome news on the new low!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nice loss, You'll be in Onederland next week :)
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Wow Bob, you're pouring it on now. Super.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yeahie great results Bob thanks for the info on the starch! I am sure you will make it bellow 200! the horizon looks good for you!!!
    :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Had a splurge day Saturday. Family had a little reunion at the lake and it was a lot of fun. Fasted about 18-hours Sunday and 20 yesterday but was still 2-lbs heavier from the weekend. It should go though.

Ran yesterday 2-miles and walked 2.5 and feeling better. Just going real slow tell I get used to it again. Hope to be back to about 5-miles 3xweek by end of the month.
  • Brendalea69
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I love reunions and it's good that you're taking it slow, you don't need to be getting sick again :)
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady, every day not injured is a step forward.
  • blambo61
    Options
    A lady at work has started a 18:6 IF diet (eats at 2pm). She lost 9 lbs her 1st week. I think she is about 5'2"and about 225lbs? She is really exited about it. She knew what I was doing and studied a bit and made some plans. Her husband is doing it too. I sure hope she can have a lot of success with it and get more people interested. There are a lot of heavy people at work!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    A lady at work has started a 18:6 IF diet (eats at 2pm). She lost 9 lbs her 1st week. I think she is about 5'2"and about 225lbs? She is really exited about it. She knew what I was doing and studied a bit and made some plans. Her husband is doing it too. I sure hope she can have a lot of success with it and get more people interested. There are a lot of heavy people at work!

Wow, that's great, Bob! You've planted seeds by example and who knows how many people will grow because of it. :)
  • barbheart
    Options
    You´d be a great coach Bob :) best coaches are those who have walked and walk the path!
  • blambo61
    Options
    I think we will all influence people when they see us doing something! Had a good day and ran 2.25-miles and walked 3.0-miles after fasting about 19-hrs. Total fast time was about 21-hrs. I burned about 717-kcals according to my watch. That is worth about 9-hrs of fasting according to my BMR so it was really like doing about a 30-hr fast. I did eat 80-cals of starch before the workout. I'm gradually adding distance and pace. Hoping for a new low weight tomorrow!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Interesting way of looking at it - converting the exercise calories to time to figure out a longer fast time...

I like it - I've actually been thinking about that a bit lately - exercising as a way to ensure that all the liver glycogen (can't remember if it's glycogen, think it is) is burned off during the fast period. Never thought to properly measure it though (who AM I???)
  • blambo61
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Interesting way of looking at it - converting the exercise calories to time to figure out a longer fast time...

I like it - I've actually been thinking about that a bit lately - exercising as a way to ensure that all the liver glycogen (can't remember if it's glycogen, think it is) is burned off during the fast period. Never thought to properly measure it though (who AM I???)

I like to think that when I'm exercising fasted, that the gluconeogensis has to be kicking in big time to provide me the energy so I should really be losing a lot of fat doing that (I've read that process is only 57% efficient so if that is true that is almost 2-cals of fat burned for a cal of exercise in a fasted state). I only ate 80-cals of the starch stuff and then burned 717 cals during the exercise so the starch sure isn't providing the energy!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Was still 204 this morning. I really need a digital scale to get more resolution on it!

Not a good day. I took a vitamin at about 9:00 am. Was starving by 10 am (I think it was the vitamin). Went and ate lunch cause I was too hungry and couldn't concentrate at work. Had a foot long tuna sandwhich at subways with everything on it (900 cals). That hardly phased me. Then had some nuts and sunflower seeds (about 1000-cals worth), then a hersheys candy bar (300 cals), then some krispy cookies (300 cals) and a diet coke. Finally felt satisfied. Haven't eaten much since been home (couple of tomatoes so the overall day calories wasn't too bad (2700 cals maybe with TDEE of about 2300 so went over a little). I will not eat a vitamin like that on an empty stomach again!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Friend called me over tonight wanting to clean his freezer out in anticipation of the hunting season coming up. He gave me 100+lbs of elk already wrapped and frozen! We had run out so that was very nice!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Did not know we burn more fat exercising while in a fasted state?

Does elk taste similar to deer?
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Did not know we burn more fat exercising while in a fasted state?

Yep. If you exercise with food in your belly, it uses the food energy rather than your fat stores for energy. Some people find they need something to give them more energy like starches and such, whereas others find that the fasted energy is enough to get them through. Fasted energy is enough for me, more than enough and it feels awesome. It's really an individual thing though. You can find IFers all over the web who, regardless of how tough their workouts are, fall in either category.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Was still 204 this morning. I really need a digital scale to get more resolution on it!

Not a good day. I took a vitamin at about 9:00 am. Was starving by 10 am (I think it was the vitamin). Went and ate lunch cause I was too hungry and couldn't concentrate at work. Had a foot long tuna sandwhich at subways with everything on it (900 cals). That hardly phased me. Then had some nuts and sunflower seeds (about 1000-cals worth), then a hersheys candy bar (300 cals), then some krispy cookies (300 cals) and a diet coke. Finally felt satisfied. Haven't eaten much since been home (couple of tomatoes so the overall day calories wasn't too bad (2700 cals maybe with TDEE of about 2300 so went over a little). I will not eat a vitamin like that on an empty stomach again!

Bob, at least you maintained so that's a plus. You're a machine when it comes to running, any damage you've done will be erased soon. Heck, might even have the scale moving in the down direction. Maybe you needed that massive re-feeding. :)

I can't take vitamins in an empty stomach either. Makes me feel queasy for some reason, probably because there's nothing to soak it up. Lol

Enjoy your Elk meat. Same question as Brenda, is it similar to venison? Or is it more game-y?

• barbheart
    Options
    You will balance that out real quick!