Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Had a good run. Ran .5-mile warmup, then did 3.25 miles of 200m fast (ave 7:35-min/mile pace) then 200m slow (real slow). Then ran 1.25 mile cooldown. Also walked about .5-miles. TDEE for the day approaching 3100 kcal. Worked tell very late tonight and only had a philly sandwhich (1100-cals), fries (400-cals), and a bag of peanuts (300-cals). Oh, and I just ate a couple small pieces of chicken when I got home (200-cals I guess). So that is about 2100 cals for a deficit of almost 1000kcal for the day. That is pretty good I think. I'm going to bed!
  • blambo61
    Options
    One more thought. I need to get in my mind that "OMAD (or 20:4 for me) is what I do". I'm always trying to cheat the system and see what I can get away with. Seems I do need to do my OMAD or I just won't lose. I've got to have a mind reset so that I just do it everyday and that is the way it is. I can't be alternating days cause that plain doesn't work for me when I'm trying to lose. Anyways, "That's just what I do".
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    One more thought. I need to get in my mind that "OMAD (or 20:4 for me) is what I do". I'm always trying to cheat the system and see what I can get away with. Seems I do need to do my OMAD or I just won't lose. I've got to have a mind reset so that I just do it everyday and that is the way it is. I can't be alternating days cause that plain doesn't work for me when I'm trying to lose. Anyways, "That's just what I do".

Mind reset. Exactly right. That's what I will concentrate on in Spain. OMAD is what I DO.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I am thin (or will be) because I don't eat tell the evening!

Lost two-lbs this week. Got out of hand to 211 earlier in the week. I was down to 209 this morning. It works. I just need to be consistent. Have a good one all!
  • blambo61
    Options
    I've lost from 220 to 210 3-times and from 210 to 205 3-times (I'm on my fourth) this year (that is 35 extra lbs I shouldn't of had to lose again and is more than where my goal is). Much easier to maintain than lose so I need to be consistent so don't have to keep losing again. I guess as long as I keep plugging away, I will get there.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You will get there I'm sure!!! :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    amflautist wrote: »

Mind reset. Exactly right. That's what I will concentrate on in Spain. OMAD is what I DO.

Exactly. For me it's just got to be my "normal", not some diet or whatever.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

Agreed! It's Just a way of life... All of my co-workers know that I don't eat during the day and even on the days that I don't fully fast, I still don't eat during the day I only eat an evening meal... They've gotten used to it LOL.. plus they can't argue with the results ;)
  • blambo61
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

"Normal" , I like that way of thinking about it. That is what I want it to be.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I like your way of thinking, just do your OMAD and don't cheat the system. You'll get there!

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yes...the other day it popped into my brain that my one hour OMAD is my 'feeding' time and the rest of the time is my 'hydrating' time. It kind of helped my mindset.
    You've been doing great on getting lots of activity in! Activity does my brain good...just got to get that first foot out the door then I'm feeling the reward.
  • blambo61
    edited September 2017
    Options
    2nd Anniversary since Starting OMAD (20:4)

Here is a pic of my weight loss the last two years

oht3rcecvyul.png

First big rise in the middle was when I went on a family vacation and got out of the habit. The second big rise was at the beginning of hunting season last year and I think I had a bunch of gout issues after also that caused problems. I really haven't lost anything this last year but I've kept it to within about a 5-lb window the last 9 months which I think show good maintenance. I didn't do the 20:4 routine real strict at all and was probably below 50% of the time this last year. The early weight loss phase, I was pretty strict with 20:4 with one splurge day/week. I ate ad limitum during that phase and ate carbs and even deserts. I also exercised then. I did find out this last year that I could eat lunches about every day if I kept them low carb and I exercised I could maintain weight but not lose. I typically eat ad libitum during my eating window and stop when I want to stop.

I do need to lose 20 more or so and I'm getting a lot more serious. I went Sun-Sat this last week all 20:4 or close to that and got in 4-good runs. Running at the end of the fast is necessary for me to be able to fast. I can't fast all day if I run in the mornings and if I eat on those days, I have a tendency to eat on the other days also. Fasting today (Saturday) is a first in a long time. I usually splurge. Fasted today and then ran 65 minutes in the hills. Did eat some starch stuff so wouldn't bonk and got through it well.

To the next year! I hope I will be under 190 by then and a lot sooner. Good luck all.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Happy 2nd year anniversary...Good luck to you too :)
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You have maintained well over the last nine months.
    It you set your mind to the 190 goal and commit to it there is no doubt that you'll get there.
    Time to do it!
  • blambo61
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    It you set your mind to the 190 goal and commit to it there is no doubt that you'll get there.
    Time to do it!

Thanks, appreciate it! You and Brenda and others have been really good examples and have been motivating for me.
  • Brendalea69
    edited September 2017
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Time to do it!

Thanks, appreciate it! You and Brenda and others have been really good examples and have been motivating for me.

I think we all motivate each other :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Had a good run today:

Run 1-mile warm-up slow (11:00 min/mile pace)
    Walk 400,
    Stretch
    5x50m strides each a little faster with 50m walk in-between
    Rest 9-min
    Run 1-mile @ 8:37 (goal was 9:00 min - it was 1600m)
    Walk 800m
    Run 800m @ 7:45 min/mile pace
    Walk 800m
    Run 400m @ 6:28 min/mile pace
    Walk 800m

Tomorrow will run 3-miles really easy pace. Thurs I'm racing a 5k. Saturday will run in the hills. Did that for 5-miles last Saturday and was a lot of fun.

I know those are slow times for runners but it is improvement for me. Two years ago I could maybe do 1/4-mile at 12:00 mile pace and that was it.

Completed my 9th consecutive 20:4 or better fast day in a row. Hopefully will get some weight off.
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Nice...do you have a watch that you can set to be able to know the distances? Nice workout you got there. Wish I could run but I'm too self-conscious. I'm a great walker though...I can go and go and go.
  • blambo61
    edited September 2017
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Nice...do you have a watch that you can set to be able to know the distances? Nice workout you got there. Wish I could run but I'm too self-conscious. I'm a great walker though...I can go and go and go.

I have a GPS watch (Garmin 230 Forerunner). I use that to set fast and slow paces (it beeps at me if either are exceeded). I ran the distances on a track so I didn't have to use the watch for that although I can set it to beep at whatever distances I want also. It is a great watch and I have really enjoyed it.

If your self-conscious about running because you're heavy, walking is probably what you should do just to avoid injury. The heavier we are (I'm not sure how heavy you are) the more injury prone we are. I'm borderline injured all the time with what I do even though I'm not real heavy anymore (just a little heavy :) ). I hope it doesn't de-rail me. If someone is really heavy, I would even be really careful walking. It has to be eased into and probably only done about 3xweek for starters. Swimming and stationary biking are much less likely to injure people. If you really want to do something though and it's not going to injure you, go for it. Who cares what others think, it is our body we have to live with so if we need or want to do something, just do it. Some may make snide remarks, just ignore them. If they do that, they are the ones with a bigger problem than you may have. When I see big people working out, I think awesome! Keep with it.
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Oh that's nice running on a track, I like that. Did that with my sis and added some runs up and down the bleachers. Yeah...the self conscious thing is more a 'woman' thing rather than a 'weight' thing. I have always been a heavy duty exerciser and my weight crept up on me so slowly that I don't really feel it. It doesn't keep me from doing anything physically. I have no foot or knee woes. I did stop the gym several years back because in one year I got three injuries from a boot camp class I was doing with mostly 20 something year olds. Felt great but I...1) separated my thigh muscle...2) got bursitis in one hip...3) cracked a bone in the ball of one foot from jumping repeatedly onto to an elevated step with both feet. Doc called all these typical athlete's injuries which kind of pleased me in a twisted way. So that year I decided to concentrate on my distance walking...which I do love...just takes a chunk out of my day.
    I have my 'slow' metabolic maladies working against me and my resting burn rate ( last time I checked about 10 years ago) was 1030 cals a day. So everyone has to do what they need to do for their unique body. OMAD seems to be a great tool for me as it limits calories AND lingering glucose constantly running through me (I'm insulin resistant and hypothyroid...among a few other metabolic challenges). Basically gotta be honest with oneself and be armed with a few personal body facts.