Tracey's 50 Days to Maintenance

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You got this!!! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I had a not good eating day today so I know I will be up tomorrow. I think it is a combination of TOM knocking on my door and an upsetting day that got me wanting junk. I was able to hold out at work, but caved after I got home. It seems recently that when I get stressed, I want junk foods. Today was a not so good day, but I am done eating for today and will have a classic OMAD meal tomorrow.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Sorry you had an upsetting day... Sounds like a good plan for tomorrow though...
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I know that feeling Tracey...you're steady as a rock, so I know you'll be right back on track
  • tlblanksfit
    October 6
    35 Days to Maintenance
    Maintenance Goal Weight: 144 pounds
    Today's Weight: 154.2 pounds

Ended this week with a 2.5 pound gain. I knew this would happen. I am not letting it get to me though. I am now ready to be done with the 150's so my mission is to stay the course and move on to the 140's. I am still on track to get to 147 pounds by October 21st. I can and will do it.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes you can Tracey!!!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Sending good wishes to help you push on through and get to your Oct 21st goal.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited October 2017
    Mostly likely water since 2.5-lbs of fat gain would take a minimum of 3,500kcal/lb x 2.5 lbs =8,750kcals. If you didn't eat at least that much more than your TDEE, you didn't gain it in fat.
  • minigrrll
    You can totally do it...
  • tlblanksfit
    October 7
    34 Days to Maintenance
    Today's Weight: 154.2 pounds
  • tlblanksfit
    October 8
    33 Days to Maintenance
    Today's Weight: 156.9 pounds

The last three days have been out of control. I am looking to be near 160 pounds in the morning ( I got on the scale tonight and it said 161.7 I know I will lose some of that overnight, but I am thinking 160 or close to it in the morning). I don't know why I constantly do this to myself. I have to get a handle on doing so well and then regressing. I will accept whatever I get on the scale in the morning and move from there in the downward direction. I hope to lose all of this food and water weight by Friday. I almost didn't post my weight today, but I have to to keep myself accountable. It is easy to hide, but it takes courage to own up to what you have done and move on. So here I am confessing. I overate, and ate stuff I knew I shouldn't. I am thinking I will do an extended fast this week (I am thinking a 3 day fast Tues - Friday and then doing a low carb maybe keto type diet. I need to rid myself of the desire for junk foods.
  • blambo61
    edited October 2017
    You can do the keto and extended fast or just get back to OMAD. Those first two things have worked for some but I find I usually don't do well trying that and I go the opposite. Are you eating more than just your evening meals or just splurging a little to much in the evening meal (or both)? Do you think it is a real gain or just water? I don't count calories but I do estimate in my mind what I'm eating. Do you think your calories justify the weight gain or is it just water? Are you working out also?
  • minigrrll
    I’m like Bob and have always found in the past that “punishing” myself by trying to not eat didn’t work and I’d end up going even more overboard later. Jut my experience though...

BTW, I’m wondering if you have read Delay, Don’t Deny by Gin Stephens. There is a ton of interesting stuff in there about “clean” fasting. Not everybody subscribes to the clean fasting idea, but I think there’s some pretty solid science behind it and it’s helped me immensely with cravings for stuff in my fasting window. Just a thought...

Well done for putting it out there - there have been so many times where I’ve had a gain and really resisted coming here to post. It’s like hiding from yourself or something because everybody else is way more understanding (and nicer) than you are to yourself. Crazy the way our minds work.
  • blambo61
    edited October 2017
    I find that getting my protein in the evenings also helps to reduce cravings. I take a multi-vitamin with mineral sup also to get proper nutrition and to reduce cravings. I have definitely noticed also that if I go high carb, then next day is more difficult. I did over 1-yr of just maintenance because i think i got tire of just one meal a day. I gained 10-lbs twice during that and lost that both times by going back to OMAD and then I had a stretch of maintenance lasting about 7-8 months where I didn't gain. I found that a large salad lunch (low carb) with protein in it allowed me to eat lunch and not gain. I'm now back to OMAD (20:4 for me) and am losing again. The important thing is to not gain a bunch back. At least try to maintain and then can lose another day. I've seen many people eventually give up completely because OMAD was being too difficult for them. This isn't an all or nothing thing. Sarah is taking a long approach and it is working for her! I think that is very smart and is way better than just giving up. Just some thoughts but we are all rooting for you! I'm not trying to imply that your giving up on this or anything like that. I just think it is important to look at a bigger picture of things.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Usually takes me 48 hours to get the 'sugar bug' out of my system. Once it's gone I'm back in 100% control. You've already proven you got this! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    October 9
    32 Days to Maintenance
    Today's Weight: 158.2 pounds
  • tlblanksfit
    You all are ao encouraging and I really aporeciate. The last few days we had events involving food and I caved and ate more than my OMAD. Those events are over now so I will be back to OMAD. I need to be able to have these kinds of things going and not give in.

I have read delay don't deny. I am pretty good with my fasts but when I get off track I go big.

I do think it is just food and water weight and am looking to be back where I was by Friday.

I am definitely no giving up.
  • minigrrll
    Food events are hard for sure... It’s really amazing how much focus we we place on food. And amazing how you notice that when you’re not eating as often!!
  • blambo61
    You all are ao encouraging and I really aporeciate. The last few days we had events involving food and I caved and ate more than my OMAD. Those events are over now so I will be back to OMAD. I need to be able to have these kinds of things going and not give in.

I have read delay don't deny. I am pretty good with my fasts but when I get off track I go big.

I do think it is just food and water weight and am looking to be back where I was by Friday.

I am definitely no giving up.

Sounds good!
  • tlblanksfit
    October 10
    31 Days to Maintenance
    Today's Weight: 157.6 pounds