Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I ran Week 6 Day 3 last Thursday, then I didn't run at all over the weekend :( I was super busy with the kids on Saturday, then Sunday night, it rained. Monday it poured all day, so I went out last night to repeat Week 6. I did fine on the 5-minute runs, but that 8-minute run in between just kills me. I believe it's all in my head, though, as much of this is. I think I'm physically capable of completing it!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was w7d3 - 3rd day of running 2.5 miles - our splits are down to 11 minutes from over 12. Getting faster!

We are registered for the St Jude 5k on Dec 2 and had to put in our time, we put 36 minutes. Hoping we'll be ready to do better by then!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    @rheddmobile Awesome for you for signing up for a 5K! I was looking at upcoming ones and wasn't too happy with what came up. Everything's either too far away or not a good day for me (like Thanksgiving morning).

I'm at week 7, which is just 25-minute runs, and week 8 is 28 minutes, 28 minutes, then 30 minutes. I decided that I need to work more on running longer times overall rather than running a relatively short chunk at a time, so I decided to run some intervals instead last night. I created an hour-long interval workout in Runkeeper. What I didn't bargain for was 43-degree temperatures and 25mph winds. It was miserable. I stayed out for 40 minutes and am amazed that I was out for that long! Thankfully the weather will be warming up again :)
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I see lots of new faces here since my last appearance. I started C25K over again (the 3rd or 4th time I have done it). I hurt my knee in July while attempting to train for a Half. I hadn't run in about 3 months so I decided to start all over again with the C25K. I am not as fast as I was in January but I am more concerned with building strength and stamina again. I ran 5 days last week with 2 rest days and noticed the knee is swelling in the same spot. Not a good sign. I will try more rest days.
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    First day of week 8! Yesterday was legs day at the gym so we were sort of hobbling around to start with - but you gotta do it or it doesn't get done! Doing both running and lifting is hard to manage.

We're doing distance rather than time, so we did 2.75 miles around the lake. It was an absolutely beautiful day. Shorts and t-shirt weather. People who run around the lake are starting to recognize us, it's a nice friendly place to run.

Just one more day at 2.75 and then the full 5k. I sort of feel like if a big guy with a whip had been standing over me I could have done 5k today, but since we were already tired we didn't push it. We stopped off at a sporting goods store and bought two waterproof running jackets on clearance, so hopefully we'll be set next time we run, which is supposed to be rainy. We've been lucky so far, we have never run in the rain!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I learned the importance of stretching yesterday... I ran Sunday night (I posted above about that), and yesterday my calves were super tight, my left calf especially. It felt like (and still sort of feels like) there is a knot in it. Usually I stretch right before I go back inside, but on Sunday night it was so cold that I just wanted to get in and then forgot to stretch once I got inside. I stretched my calves last night, which helped a little, but OW.

So don't forget to stretch after you run! (Or before, for that matter!)

• rheddmobile
    edited November 2017
    Options
    We did it! Ran cross country and had some gas in the tank at 2.75 so we kept going and did the full 3.1 - I think probably more than that since the gps was off by about a quarter mile at the first mile split.
  • Mooma29
    Mooma29 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did week 9r1 last night. I realised I haven’t really been checking in here for a while so thought I would
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I stopped for about a month, but I have never finished this program. I refused to start over. So I started back were I left off at the beginning of week 6. I finished W6 D3 last night and I am so proud of myself for completing 22 minutes without stopping. It may not have been a fast pace run, but I finished it.
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    cmon288 wrote: »
    I stopped for about a month, but I have never finished this program. I refused to start over. So I started back were I left off at the beginning of week 6. I finished W6 D3 last night and I am so proud of myself for completing 22 minutes without stopping. It may not have been a fast pace run, but I finished it.

Great job finishing! I just did Week 7 Day 2 last night. Hoping to do Day 3 tomorrow but might need an extra day of rest. Listen to your body. Don't give up. You can do it!
  • Tracieisfitastic
    Tracieisfitastic Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new. I’m on Week 1 Day 3
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new as well. I did week 2 day 1 this morning. It was ok except that I somehow put my phone in sleep mode and only got push alerts as to when to run for the first 2 prompts. lol. I thought it was a pretty long warm up walk so I pulled out my phone and looked. But I did do the 2 missed runs based on the distance that the other 90 second runs would get me. (1 and a quarter laps on the indoor track.) I don't want to make this mistake again. Slow as a turtle but faster than the dude on the couch!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 last night for about the fifth time after restarting the program yet again. This time I'm determined to complete it and keep my fitness up rather than refers back to my fat old self
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Options
    After day 3 of week 2, I fell flat on my butt outside the gym on the ice. I cracked my tail bone. I am at a slight stand still for now.
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    After day 3 of week 2, I fell flat on my butt outside the gym on the ice. I cracked my tail bone. I am at a slight stand still for now.

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you recover quickly. Are there any activities you are allowed to do while you heal?
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Options
    Aw thanks. I went onto the elliptical yesterday and that was fine. I am going to try to swim tomorrow. It's not that bad except when moving from sitting to standing or standing to sitting. I can definitely do things to stay active, just maybe not what I want to do. I am just really bummed it happened but it could have been a lot worse.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Week Two Day Two done

Felt good even finished with a slow jog on cool down
  • GOT_Obsessed
    Options
    week 3, day 1 done.

It nearly killed me but no unscheduled walks for me.
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Just got started on W1D1 again today. I'd graduated from C25K back in 2015, but fell off the running wagon halfway into 2016 and through 2017, sadly. It wasn't hard at all, and I'm hopeful I haven't lost all my cardio ability!