December Challenge

Options

Replies

• valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Over Thanksgiving, I shook hands with my son (25yrs) that we'd both lose 10 pounds by Christmas... our nerdy little challenge![/quote]

You got this!! You have a bunch of little helpers pushing and prodding you along! I predict ONEderland by Christmas!!!! [/quote]

Thank you so much! Wouldn't that be just the best Christmas present to be under 200? You know, I should be able to give that to myself! I think that I can give it a dedicated try!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thank you so much! Wouldn't that be just the best Christmas present to be under 200? You know, I should be able to give that to myself! I think that I can give it a dedicated try!

Oh yes, you can totally do it!! Not even a question!!

I so wish I had a competitive friend or family member... I'm a tad competitive by nature (in a good way!), so it would light such a fire under my butt :lol:
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    YASSSSSSSSS!!!!

I know, RIGHT?? I know it's still far away, but I'm already looking forward to ditching the 200s completely. LOL

Oh, but you'll get there, and you'll have so many wonderful NSVs between now and then to celebrate along the way. And the milestones! Bc I remember you're into those.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm in for some December accountability! My goals are:
    ☆get my water in
    ☆follow whatever exercise plan the trainer and I set up this morning
    ☆blow the dust off my running shoes and get back at it
    ☆keep my macros in check and be as far south of 200 as I can be by Christmas Eve. I'd like to start 2018 under 200#.

12/03: 199.3
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    12/31:

Welcome to the Challenge. Nicely in Onederland, congratulations!

Thank you! Don't blink though, I've been bouncing over and under like a yo-yo for a year!!!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    First week on the new lifestyle plan! Pretty excited!!

November 27th : 177.6
    12/3: 172.2
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    December 31st:

Fantastic loss!!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    December 1st: 250.0
    12/3: 249.4
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    December 31st:

I'm thinking about packing my scale when I go away for Christmas... is that obsessive? Should I just wait til I get home?? :lol:

I'm guilty of taking both my bathroom and food scales with me when I'm away from home. Almost bought one when I forgot to take it for a week st the cottage last summer!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    First week on the new lifestyle plan! Pretty excited!!

November 27th : 177.6
    12/3: 172.2
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    December 31st:

You nailed your first week!!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Starting weight Dec 1. 195lbs
    12/3- 191.8
    12/10-
    12/17-
    12/24-
    12/31-

Woohoo, great job!!
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Oh yes, you can totally do it!! Not even a question!!

I so wish I had a competitive friend or family member... I'm a tad competitive by nature (in a good way!), so it would light such a fire under my butt :lol:

You have us all here. You are doing so very well! Be proud of your accomplishment! Keep going. The weekly weigh in is a wonderful thing.

It's the personal accountability and private reality that ultimately helps us make real changes. I hope.;) Like golf. You play with other people but really you play against yourself.

My brother is a stay at home father of twins. He has gained a serious amount of weight in the last 10 years. I know that it bothers him in many ways. My son is an active 25 year old. He has about 20 pounds to lose. I was trying to make it light and fun - to prod them into seriously getting away from the sugar, junk food, snacks and the bread. Hopefully, if they do it and start feeling better, they will realize how terrible sugar and excessive carbs make one feel.

I have a lot of weight to lose. True. But feeling so much better when off carbs is the real blessing for me. That said, I know that if I looked better and was more active, I'd have a better day to day life.

Does that make sense? Anyway, I appreciate your comments. Let's do this thing!
  • RecipeScrapper
    RecipeScrapper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Starting WT this challenge: 317.2
    12/3 - 317 - Lost 0.2 Not much, but going in the right direction.
    12/10 -
    12/17 -
    12/24 -
    12/31 -
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

It's the personal accountability and private reality that ultimately helps us make real changes. I hope.;) Like golf. You play with other people but really you play against yourself.

My brother is a stay at home father of twins. He has gained a serious amount of weight in the last 10 years. I know that it bothers him in many ways. My son is an active 25 year old. He has about 20 pounds to lose. I was trying to make it light and fun - to prod them into seriously getting away from the sugar, junk food, snacks and the bread. Hopefully, if they do it and start feeling better, they will realize how terrible sugar and excessive carbs make one feel.

I have a lot of weight to lose. True. But feeling so much better when off carbs is the real blessing for me. That said, I know that if I looked better and was more active, I'd have a better day to day life.

Does that make sense? Anyway, I appreciate your comments. Let's do this thing!

We think you are awesome now, feeling better is a bonus of course but you mustn't feel you don't look great now, all loosing weight will do is make you look even better because you will feel more confident but don't forget that you are just great now at this very moment <3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Starting WT this challenge: 317.2
    12/3 - 317 - Lost 0.2 Not much, but going in the right direction.

It certainly is and what is important is that it isn't a gain!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    ☆get my water in
    ☆keep my macros in check and be as far south of 200 as I can be by Christmas Eve. I'd like to start 2018 under 200#.

Thank you! Don't blink though, I've been bouncing over and under like a yo-yo for a year!!!

And this time you are going to stay under and under and under!! o:)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Happy December.. Newbie to Keto so I thought this would be a great place to start

SW 210

12/3 210

Lots of support here and fun! Good luck this week.
  • spalm18240
    spalm18240 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am just starting with keto and I would love to join this challenge :)

SW 178.6
    12/3 178.6
    12/10
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

Looking forward to losing with this group!!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    spalm18240 wrote: »
    I am just starting with keto and I would love to join this challenge :)

SW 178.6
    12/3 178.6
    12/10
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

Looking forward to losing with this group!!

Welcome! This group is the best! Very encouraging! Let's do this!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    ☆get my water in

And this time you are going to stay under and under and under!! o:)

From your lips ti God's ears!! Or the scale's ears maybe... ;)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Okay, off to a good December start. I'm not necessarily looking for a loss, I'll take it, but I'll be happy with maintenance. :) Is that a copout?

12/03
    12/10
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

@Marcelynh - Your challenge is YOUR challenge. Whatever you need to set your goal as is what this challenge is FOR YOU... It's never a copout to make progress. And anyone who doesn't think that maintenance is progress really isn't paying attention to the big picture. Maintaining is so much harder that losing weight! Good luck.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    12/1 213.8 - new scale.
    12/3 213
    12/10
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

Over Thanksgiving, I shook hands with my son (25yrs) that we'd both lose 10 pounds by Christmas. Mostly, he was just trying to see how much that I actually weighed. Still my little scalawag, that one. I explained that it had to be on the Honor System. (Always "The Mom") Then, my brother in LA expressed interest in getting in on our little wager. There are no winnings except the loss of 10 pounds of fat. I'll take it!

So, do you think that I can do that? That's 22 days. Yikes. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am going to try very hard! Even if I don't succeed. I am on it! Anyone out there is welcome to get in on our nerdy little challenge!

@valleygirl74 - Even if you don't make that aggressive of a goal (losing that fast just to lose, and not losing in a maintainable way is never a win to me), each ounce and pound you lose will be it's own WIN! <3