December Challenge

Options

Replies

• dgreene37
    dgreene37 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well done people!! Lot's of weight lost, let's keep it going!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I only go by my scale. I don't let the Dr.'s weigh me due to the stress it creates for me (their scales always weigh me heavier) and my struggles with self sabotage. So I tell them no thank you. End of story.
    I have a hard enough time with my own body issues without letting some arbitrary weigh in mess with my head.
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    @elize7 I hate the doctor scales as well. My morning number is what I go by. By the time I am at the docs I have drank water and coffee and probably eaten. So I will he heavier. I always get on the scale backwards and don't look at the number. No doctors have ever asked me why. It works for me. Doctors scales are stressful!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Starting weight Dec 1. 195lbs
    12/3- 191.8
    12/10-187.6

Nice loss, well done!!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    SW: 173 | GW: 145

12/3: 163
    12/10: 158.9 (healthy BMI!!!!)
    Goals for this month: be as CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to goal weight for my first wedding dress fitting on Dec 26th.

Also somewhat non-scale victory for me, as my weight is now officially in “healthy BMI” range (I was in “overweight” territory for about three years, but kept saying it’s because of muscle)!!!! And MFP tells me I am 53% of the way to my goal weight!!!! WOOOO HOOO!!!!!!

That is really excellent, and with a wedding dress fitting on 26th December I'm guessing you are intending being very careful on Christmas Day!!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    I wear big huge work coveralls and a big jacket, hats and gloves to work. Today I took all my gear off and got an "omg you are sooooooo tiny!!!" I was on cloud nine the rest of the night. Woooooooo hoooooooo. So happy

YEASSSSSS!! That is a fantastic result, well done <3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Christmas dinners month!! Gonna be a bumpy ride....
    Dec. 4 - 70.4 kg (155.2 lbs)
    Dec. 11 - 70.1 kg (154.5 lbs)

It sure is but no gain is a loss in December I think...............
  • chinatowninchina
    edited December 2017
    Options
    SW: 296
    Last weigh in since Joining: 12/01: 287 (-9lbs total)
    12/05: 283.6 -3.4lbs (-12.4 lbs total) Totally forgot to weigh on the 3rd.
    12/09: 282.6 -1.0lbs (-13.4 lbs total)

Celebrating my birthday with family on the 9th, so decided to weigh prior to eating cake.

I like your style!! Always think ahead :D
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    December challenge 12/11 weigh-in: I've gained!
    I knew I would when I agreed to have my family take me to an Italian restaurant for my birthday on Saturday night. C'mon, I'm not going to restrain on my birthday.
    I tested myself (urinalysis strips) and yup, I was negative for ketones the next morning. I didn't even bother to weigh myself on Sunday, but I did get right back into keto eating. This Monday morning I'm 182.25.

Have a happy week everybody!

That's not much of a gain, I can do MUCH better than that overnight!!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    ltlJohn wrote: »
    HW: 165.6kg
    SW: 160.1kg
    CW: 155.5kg

12/3: 160.1kg
    12/10: 155.5kg
    Overall a good first week. Not really any cravings, just a bit of energy slump mid-days.

Also a very very encouraging loss, well done!! o:)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    December 1st: 250.0
    12/3: 249.4
    12/10: 248.6

I'm thinking I need to re-evaluate my goal this month. I'm struggling with motivation and although I'm not tempted by non-keto foods, I'm finding logging such a chore and I've over indulged in social drinks two weekends in a row. It's my staff party next weekend and vacation after that. I think a more realistic December goal will be to maintain my weight and not gain. I can get back to the grindstone when holidays are over. I'm feeling disappointed at the scale this week but it's a reflection of my choices/priorities. Oh well!

You still lost AND you are still under 250, that is excellent work. I agree though, I'm thinking just staying about the same will be great!!

• Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    @size102b You're doing awesome!!
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    12/1 213.8 - new scale.
    12/3 213
    12/10 212.4
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

So hard when traveling. Did not drink enough water. Always grabbing food on the run when hunger hits. Tired. Stressed. I did (sort of) okay. Back home after a traffic laden very long drive. Grateful to be safe and home! No doubt.

Lofty desires of attaining the "10 pounds off Christmas wager" are losing their gloss. No worries.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options

I'm thinking I need to re-evaluate my goal this month. I'm struggling with motivation and although I'm not tempted by non-keto foods, I'm finding logging such a chore and I've over indulged in social drinks two weekends in a row. It's my staff party next weekend and vacation after that. I think a more realistic December goal will be to maintain my weight and not gain. I can get back to the grindstone when holidays are over. I'm feeling disappointed at the scale this week but it's a reflection of my choices/priorities. Oh well!

You still lost AND you are still under 250, that is excellent work. I agree though, I'm thinking just staying about the same will be great!!

Thanks. I think the honeymoon period has finally worn off, I'm now six months in and it's starting to feel like work. My losses have slowed a little of course. I do suspect that I'll need to start exercising soon in order to continue with losing. But alas, I'll keep plugging away. I'm sure a renewal of inspiration will hit soon enough!!
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Slower week but am under a great deal of stress so it's understandable.

My stats:
    SW- 237.8

12/4- 211.2
    12/11-210
    12/18-
    12/25-
    12/31-
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    12/1 213.8 - new scale.
    12/3 213
    12/10 212.4
    So hard when traveling. Did not drink enough water. Always grabbing food on the run when hunger hits. Tired. Stressed. I did (sort of) okay. Back home after a traffic laden very long drive. Grateful to be safe and home! No doubt.
    Lofty desires of attaining the "10 pounds off Christmas wager" are losing their gloss. No worries.

You were traveling AND came back lighter! How often have you done that, NEVER, if you are anything at all like me!! So firstly; you didn't gain and secondly; you lost, that's an excellent result. o:)<3

Also, as I keep saying, if most of us get through Christmas around the same weight we'll have done really well and be ready for 2018 and to kick it where it hurts! B):D
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Slower week but am under a great deal of stress so it's understandable.

My stats:
    SW- 237.8

12/4- 211.2
    12/11-210

You still lost, so well done and I hope the stress lessens over the coming week <3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options

Thanks. I think the honeymoon period has finally worn off, I'm now six months in and it's starting to feel like work. My losses have slowed a little of course. I do suspect that I'll need to start exercising soon in order to continue with losing. But alas, I'll keep plugging away. I'm sure a renewal of inspiration will hit soon enough!!

Just think of it as a maintenance time to balance your body and then in the NY it will be used to where you are now and it will probably be easier to loose again. Don't get disheartened as you've done really well <3