Check In

Options

Replies

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Ooo glad to see activity here again!

@RhiannonBecks glad your progesterone came back normal! I also suspect I have low progesterone but will have to wait and see. I've found that it's really hard to stay on track while TTC
    @WifiresGettingFit how are YOU doing?!
    @girlalmighty08 glad to hear you're doing so well!
    @SheilAnneSmith so glad you didn't have to dip into your maternity leave savings! That does sound like a major victory.

I'm just plowing along 49 days into this cycle. I have not been tracking food or working out with any regularity and really need to get my act together. I think I will be ovulating soon which would be a huge relief. Would be even better to be pregnant, but I've stopped being very optimistic about that.

December is stressing me out to no end. I'm planning a surprise party for Kris on Saturday (12/9) and he is planning something of a holiday party at our house on Monday (12/11) so I feel kinda bad now, but it's not like I can tell him to stop planning his party, haha. THEN we have company coming from 12/12 to 12/18, and we depart for Virginia on 12/20. I just don't know if I can be ready for Christmas by 12/12, and I don't know if I can bake the cookies I want to in time for the party on Monday. Fortunately Kris's surprise party is fairly simple (dinner, drinks, funk party at a bar), so I think getting ready for it won't take too much time. I think I'm just tired.

I've had a really hard time sleeping so far this week, mostly due to my obnoxious, cold cat, who insists on sleeping on me. But one of the dogs sleeps at my legs so she has to be on my chest. I can't sleep through her arrival, and I can't fall asleep when she's there. But I feel so bad sending her off of me (I was hers before I knew my husband or dogs!), and when I DO push her off, the dog chases her and she meows loudly and I'm always scared she's going to wake Kris up. That combined with racing thoughts and itchy skin (?) have really sent my sleep patterns for a loop. I feel a little delirious today. Kris offered to take the dogs into the guest room for the night tonight, but I think I'm going to get my cat one of those self-heating pads to sleep on and shut her out of the room tonight.
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith - I am glad that you were able to avoid dipping into your maternity savings, one less thing to worry about!

@pezhed - Good luck on planning for Kris' party, I am sure it will be fabulous- December does have a way of creeping up and flying by, before you know it is the new year. We just looked at our calendar and we legit have plans every single weekend (at least one of the days, some weekends F-Sun) up until the 2nd week in January. Blessed to have plans and a social/family life, but wowee, I am tired just thinking about it! Sending you good vibes.

Still not on track as far as diet goes, just being honest; though I will say I have gotten out of the "just forget it, I will eat whatever I want, as much as I want, whenever I want" pitty party I was apparently throwing, guest List: 1/me. LOL. So hey, that is good. I haven't started tracking again but Husband and I did sit down, and have made a plan for what we are going to do.

I have an orientation tomorrow @ Planet Fitness, for a "build your own program". I think maybe having some sort of direction will be helpful to me. I am somewhat limited in cardio, so having someone guide me and give me a planned workout for strength building I am hoping will give me some motivation.

We also planned a trip in July to Grenada- Sandals! It will be our 3rd trip, and will land on the week of our Anniversary. We were holding back on making a trip just in case we got pregnant, but we also had a talk about that. We cant STOP living our lives in hopes that it will happen- I don't want to sit around and have life and fun experiences and opportunities pass me by because we want children. (Plus, we will by trip insurance, if for some reason we are pregnant and need to cancel, we will be covered).

Have a great week ladies.

Your long winded, TTC friend!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!! I'm back for the thousandth time :# Over the last year I have become quite the flake, so I make no promises as to longevity, but I will try!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @pezhed Holy crap you have a lot going on this month, no wonder why you're tired! I'm sure it'll all work out and hopefully you get some decent sleep tonight!

@RhiannonBecks I'm glad to hear that you and your husband were able to sit down to plan and yay for having a trip to look forward to! I know that whole f it i'll just eat what I want (in the amount I want) mindset very well as I have found myself there plenty of times so you aren't alone! I hope your orientation at the gym goes well and it gets you excited and motivated again!

@puffbrat Welcome back Jessica! Glad to see you about again! We've missed you! What have you been up to? How are things?

EDIT: As for me, I'm doing okay. There's been a lot of health issues in my family lately (aunts/uncle) and sometimes I spent a lot of time/energy trying not to eat my feelings. Suffice to say that the last couple weeks have not been great. I am trying to reel it in and make this month count (which includes trying to turn this month around since it's already had a rocky start). I really don't want this to be yet another year where I end up weighing the same or more than when the year started. Also, my husband was in a car accident a few weeks ago and the lady changed her story (multiple times) and said that it was his fault and that he ran the red light (he did not) so he had to turn it over to his insurance and ended up having to pay out the rental fees and the deductible and it is a whole mess that still isn't over as his insurance is now fighting with the ladies insurance. Mostly though I just feel like I'm constantly falling back into the hole that I spent so much time and energy trying to get out of and that probably sums up the last two years for me. haha
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Made a clarification in bold.

EDIT: As for me, I'm doing okay. There's been a lot of health issues in my family lately (aunts/uncle) and sometimes I spent a lot of time/energy trying not to eat my feelings. Suffice to say that the last couple weeks have not been great. I am trying to reel it in and make this month count (which includes trying to turn this month around since it's already had a rocky start). I really don't want this to be yet another year where I end up weighing the same or more than when the year started. Also, my husband was in a car accident a few weeks ago (no injuries for either party) and the lady changed her story (multiple times) and said that it was his fault and that he ran the red light (he did not) so he had to turn it over to his insurance and ended up having to pay out the rental fees and the deductible and it is a whole mess that still isn't over as his insurance is now fighting with the ladies insurance. Mostly though I just feel like I'm constantly falling back into the hole that I spent so much time and energy trying to get out of and that probably sums up the last two years for me. haha

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Holy cow yall have been busy! Um, lets see...if any of you want to connect on reddit (Im in a few ttc groups there) or Fertility friend, send me a PM and I'll give you my username/add you as a friend on ff.

Amanda-girl, you have got a crazy busy schedule. Have fun with your parties-try to remember to do your best, and forget the rest. If you cant make the homemade cookies, buy store bought. Or ask someone to bring them, people love bringing things bc it makes them feel useful. Delegate! :) Where in VA are you going-I live in NoVA. Also, here is my long overdue recipe for grandmas caramel popcorn:
    Caramel Popcorn
    8 quarts popcorn(1cup unpopped) cooled will all unpopped kernels removed
    Boil 5 minutes in a heavy bottom pan (I use cast iron) mix but dont stir, leave it alone:
    1/2 tsp salt/ 2 cups light brown sugar/ 2 sticks butter/ 1/2 cup dark brown karo syrup
    Remove from heat and stir in 1tsp baking soda mix well and CAREFULLY. Put popcorn in large roaster and pour caramel over popcorn, stir well until coated. Bake 45 minutes in a 250 degree oven, stir every 15 minutes.
    **I'll add BE CAREFUL if you havent made caramel or candies before, this *kitten* is boiling and sticky and can cause serious burns (and wont come off your burning flesh) if it gets on your skin while its boiling hot in the pan. :s It does cool quickly though so stir fast and enjoy picking the fresh caramel off the spoon and snacking while you wait to stir every 15 minutes! Super easy and fast recipe, dont be intimidated about making the caramel, I was the first time until grandma showed me, and now Ive made it like 6 times all by myself :) For chewier caramel kick the temp down to 200, for crunchier, more "store bought" add another 15 minutes in the oven-also adds a more burned sugar/caramel taste to it...I like both ways!

Rhiannon, your vacation sounds great...I was literally just reminiscing about our vacation at this time last year (thanks Google photos for reminding me that I was on a beach this time last year, one last hoorah before we got pregnant and now its been almost a year with no baby and baaaahhh-mixed emotions about this today guys.) I completely agree about not putting your life on hold, that is so important.

Kayla, sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Im so with you on the hoping not to fall into bad habits year after year and not making any progress. Hang in there, life is a journey and you're doing great :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Thanks for the encouragement, it's much needed and much appreciated =)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Heeey. I'm still alive. Read a bunch of you guys' posts; but haven't been able to face typing. Love you all though. <3 Weeks 5-6 of pregnancy, I was sick all day, all night--every day, every night and throwing up every day. Meds and B6 not enough to really help. I kinda shut down communication with the outside world. Hormones crazy. Then lost internet due to a flub on CenturyLink's end. Just got it back up today.

Anyway, not as sick this week. Still queasy almost 24-7, but barfing a lot less. Since the end of October, I have gained 2.5 lbs--mostly in the boobs. lol. Eating bread, pasta, potato chips, dry cereal, mild cheese and salty foods since they appeal much more. Also eating raw fruits, raw spinach and sugar snap peas. Desserts and chocolate and baked goods are all aversions.

Exercise: I have started some limited walks but get winded and light headed really easily. Maybe next week I'll feel good enough to extend the walks and get back to working on the house. Trying to decorate for Christmas now, but it's hard. Found out from blood tests, my vitamin D levels are less than half of what they're supposed to be, so taking D and magnesium supplements now. I have not missed a day of work so far. Huzzah! But have come late to work several times. Sometimes I go to work, come home and barf, then go back to work. Lol.

I'm peeved that my muscle tone is vanishing fast from lying around, and I'm developing a pot belly from bloat. But movement such as walking, turning, or bending over makes me nauseous except for a 2-3 hour window each day. Hoping week 6 was the peak though, and that I'm stabilizing now.

Good luck everyone! Hope you are all having a great December and sticking with your fitness plans better than I am!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Lizz, sorry to hear that early pregnancy has been so difficult for you. Just remember its supposed to get better, try and hang in there and do the best you can without beating yourself up over fitness and diet goals-Id say focus on whatever you can eat, staying hydrated and sleeping.

In other news, I got my bosses holiday gift yesterday-it was waiting for me on the doorstep. I come in the garage and we would have missed it if husband hadnt come through the front door when he got home. It was a pie and a pastry ring from a delivery service, so we dug right into the coffee cake/cinnamon swirl pie right away. OMG so frigging good! Hello carbs, lol :) Last year I didnt even eat it bc I was doing low carb, and Ive decided life is to short, and ttc is too hard not to enjoy these types of things. I hope you all find joy in something special today <3
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Wow, what a nice boss. Sounds delicious!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    >•< mfp mobile ate my post!
    CD20 here, 5days late to O so bought opks tonight on Amazon and they should be there Tuesday. I'm temping but no opks so idk if I'll ovulate at all this month.

We got snow and it's melted, built a fire in the fireplace twice this weekend, so cozy!

Pregnant lady tears trigger warning! Sad news, we had to put my mom's cat to sleep Saturday. She has been sick and has issues breathing and an enlarged heart, in and out of the vet a lot in the last year and had been declining lately. She had a bad attack where she had trouble breathing (one lasted 15 minutes at the vet) and we had to let Sadie BooBoo Kitty go. She was my cat in college and stayed with my parents when I moved out 6 years ago. I miss having a cat so much, Chris is allergic so we can't have another. It was a difficult weekend.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kristie155 I'm so sorry to hear about Sadie and that you had such a difficult weekend. *HUGS*
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Thanks Kayla. I had pie for breakfast and got awesome Christmas truffle candies from Aldi this weekend. Also went to brunch with Chris yesterday for a nice Sunday date...all things that helped make the weekend a bit better <3
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 so sorry about the loss of your kitty :( Your boss sounds nice and that pie sounds delish! Thanks also for the pointers about the parties and the caramel popcorn recipe! My family is in western Virginia, a town called Covington. I usually give people Roanoke as the reference point but we're about an hour north of there.
    @RhiannonBecks how did the orientation at Planet Fitness go? Did you come up with a program for yourself? I need to get back on track too!
    @WifiresGettingFit I'm so sorry about the health issues and your husband's car accident! Dealing with insurances can be so frustrating even when the fault is clear so I can imagine it's worse with changing stories. I really hope it doesn't hit your premium too hard.
    @Alioth I'm so sorry you've been feeling so sick! That must be terrible. I hope you can get your Vitamin D up and get in the Christmas spirit!
  • pezhed
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Forgot to post that Kris's surprise party was a huge success! He was totally caught off-guard and felt so loved by everyone that showed. I can check that off of the December task list! I baked gingerbread cookies, spritz cookies, and made chex mix over the weekend and will prep slow cooker mac and cheese over lunchtime for the party at our house tonight. Just have to get the guest room ready for our friends either during or after the party. I'm still bummed that we haven't had any snow so skiing is going to suck for our visiting friends, but there is literally nothing I can do about that! I'll have to wrap presents while they're here but I'm hoping they aren't expecting us to entertain them every second of their visit :) Our house feels really festive and I'm pleased with how much I got done over the weekend. Hope everyone is having a good Monday.
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Another Monday, already?!

@Kirstie155 I'm sorry to hear about Sadie BooBoo Kitty, it is always hard letting one of our furry friends go, I know for me, mine are like family - glad to hear you have an awesome boss though and decided to live life & enjoy those bites!

@pezhed - I am SO glad the surprise was, well a surprise! I know the anticipation & excitement of it all turning out so I am glad to hear he felt loved & enjoyed his experience. You reminded me that I should probably start planning for my holiday baking, oops!

as for Planet Fitness, I apparently got the time wrong and signed up for something totally not what I thought - it was more of an orientation/walk around the gym and explain what areas have what machines. meh. I could have figured that out. LOL, before I left though I did ask and the class I am signed up for tonight IS the correct one. It is an hour long, so hoping I can get something set in place where I have a plan at least 3x a week for strength training and then do some light cardio other days. I just know myself, if I commit to going every day, I will guilt trip myself If life happens and plans get in the way; so starting out at 3 days I think is a good compromise. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

-- My husband and I also talked more in depth about diet this weekend. We are going the cliché route, but starting back up after our friends holiday party on NYE- so basically a January 1 start up. As much as I hate to say that, we were just talking honestly and I've been so off track for what seems like so long, I am not sure what my will power will be over the next few weeks. I have reigned in a lot of the "who cares" attitude though that was spiraling out of control when choosing what/how much/when to eat, and I can tell a difference already.

Also, random, but very excited, I finally purchased a real set of holiday dishes. I have wanted them for a while, but hesitated bc it is just myself/husband in the house, and we usually don't celebrate the holidays with everyone at our place we typically travel. Anyway, I decided I was going to order them anyway; because one day, when I DO have children, I will want to start a new tradition, and I'll have my dishes! Macy's had 30% friends & family + I used ebates and will get close to $60.00 cash back on my purchases.

I hope you ladies have an excellent week. I am CD 21 and trying my hardest not to worry, track and focus on TTC. Just focusing on the holidays.

Hugs to all!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I'm glad that the weekend got a bit better for you, I love Aldi's!

@pezhed Glad to hear that the party went well! I think your guest will be okay without you for a bit, awesome job on having a super productive weekend!

@RhiannonBecks I think having a NYE start up is great! Some people do better if they relax during the holidays and start back up after. After all, willpower isn't a infinite resource. Plus you've already reigned in the "who cares" attitude and that's half the battle! You've got this! What do the holiday dishes look like? HUGS back!

My car was hit today while parked in our apartment parking lot. Our neighbor that hit my car said another neighbor had forced him to move over and thus he hit my car. He did stay to exchange information which was nice because normally they just drive off. I have quite a few dings on my car from people doing that with their car door. His car had significantly more damage. Mine is mostly just scuffs with one long scratch down the driver side rear bumper but literally my husband just got his car back a week ago and that claim isn't even sorted and now we have yet another claim to deal with. UGH. I have an appointment for the car on Monday with the collision center and the lady with his insurance said the claims department will be calling me within the next business day so let the fun begin.
    -_-
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone, that means a lot.

@RhiannonBecks show me those dishes!! I'm such a 1950s house wife, I love house wares like sheets and bedding, table cloths and blankets, dishes! Here is the Lennox tablecloth I picked up at Tuesday Morning recently: ugh nevermind, why is it impossible to add a picture from mobile? Mfp, it's almost 2018, get with it!! I was collecting these gorgeous gold rimmed pointsettia dishes, very elegant- got the first set for a steal at Goodwill then found the same set at Kohl's and ordered them. Then Chris' mom gave me her dishes that have a Christmas tree and are more cartoony, not really my style at all but they have a lot of meaning. So I returned my pointsettia dishes to Kohl's but still have the 4 placesetting from Goodwill. I also have a 4 placesetting of snowman dishes I got in college. If you've lost count, that's 3 kinds of Christmas dishes!

Kayla, sorry you got hit too, that's so annoying. At least he didn't run, and you can have his insurance pay for the repairs. We *still* don't have Chris's car back, hoping this week he can get tit back. It had really extensive damage :/

Amanda- glad kris's surprised party went well, enjoy having your guests and the holiday season. Your cookies sound great!

• RhiannonBecks
    Options
    Ok ladies, update : Planet fitness last night was so awesome! So basically it was just another sit down, lol, but this time we went over any medical concerns, Short/long term goals, etc and then made a plan. I decided that I am going to take advantage of the "classes" they offer rather than jumping in and trying to figure out what to do on my own. I am a certified ex- cardio queen....all I have ever really done is treadmill, treadmill, treadmill, maybe some abs.

I actually had my first session this AM. Got to the gym at 5:45 Am and left at 7:30. I was proud I even showed up bc as I was getting dressed I was trying to think of any excuse I could to get back in bed, but I did it, I went and enjoyed my experience - and only roughly 20 minutes of cardio. Today we focused on Core, shoulders & legs. Thursday it will be Upper body, lord save me, lol.

I have zero clue on how to add a picture, isn't that sad. But here is the link for my dishes. They are the Lenox Holiday berry dishes with a gold rim, kind of old school but classic & elegant. I splurged & bought a few of the matching serving dishes as well and some napkins! I seriously cant wait to have my friends NYE/Holiday dinner party and use them all!

https://www.lenox.com/holiday-174-8-salad-plate/product/146504010

TTC note- I'm 99% sure I am out this month. Boo hiss. I had R sided cramping, no biggie, but (TMI) this AM when wiping I noticed some small, old blood. bah. So....staying positive ( I think, we will see when AF comes rolling into town in 4-5 days, LOL) But for now, I'm stable ha. :)
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    I have that patterns tablecloth, and a platter. So pretty. Great job at the gym!