12/5- 159
    12/11- 154
    My goal was 155 by Christmas. Have changed it to 150
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    December 1st: 250.0
    12/3: 249.4
    12/10: 248.6

I'm thinking I need to re-evaluate my goal this month. I'm struggling with motivation and although I'm not tempted by non-keto foods, I'm finding logging such a chore and I've over indulged in social drinks two weekends in a row. It's my staff party next weekend and vacation after that. I think a more realistic December goal will be to maintain my weight and not gain. I can get back to the grindstone when holidays are over. I'm feeling disappointed at the scale this week but it's a reflection of my choices/priorities. Oh well!

You still lost AND you are still under 250, that is excellent work. I agree though, I'm thinking just staying about the same will be great!!

Thanks. I think the honeymoon period has finally worn off, I'm now six months in and it's starting to feel like work. My losses have slowed a little of course. I do suspect that I'll need to start exercising soon in order to continue with losing. But alas, I'll keep plugging away. I'm sure a renewal of inspiration will hit soon enough!!

Have you recalculated your macros? I always forget that until I start stalling out.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    Start- 10/17-184
    11/01- 171
    12/5- 159
    12/11- 154

YEASSSS!!! Well done, you!! o:)o:)
  • dgreene37
    dgreene37 Posts: 27 Member
    Start- 10/17-184
    11/01- 171
    12/5- 159
    12/11- 154

Most excellent!!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member

I'm thinking I need to re-evaluate my goal this month. I'm struggling with motivation and although I'm not tempted by non-keto foods, I'm finding logging such a chore and I've over indulged in social drinks two weekends in a row. It's my staff party next weekend and vacation after that. I think a more realistic December goal will be to maintain my weight and not gain. I can get back to the grindstone when holidays are over. I'm feeling disappointed at the scale this week but it's a reflection of my choices/priorities. Oh well!

You still lost AND you are still under 250, that is excellent work. I agree though, I'm thinking just staying about the same will be great!!

Thanks. I think the honeymoon period has finally worn off, I'm now six months in and it's starting to feel like work. My losses have slowed a little of course. I do suspect that I'll need to start exercising soon in order to continue with losing. But alas, I'll keep plugging away. I'm sure a renewal of inspiration will hit soon enough!!

Have you recalculated your macros? I always forget that until I start stalling out.
    Don't the macro percentages stay the same and you just have to recalculate your caloric intake? Then that changes the # of grams of carbs, proteins and fats you should be ingesting?
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member

Thank you! This actually just occurred to me yesterday, too. I recalculated and it dropped me by 200 calories!! That's huge and could be my problem. That, and I adjusted my macros to be more protein, less fat. I think now that I'm fat adapted I don't need to be eating as much fat... it can come from my body.

Here's hoping that a little tweak goes a long way!! :smiley:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member

Don't the macro percentages stay the same and you just have to recalculate your caloric intake? Then that changes the # of grams of carbs, proteins and fats you should be ingesting?

Concur. Macro percentages to not auto-change. Macro grams do auto-change to represent the same % of calories within a different total calorie amount.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited December 2017
    Yep. But I did change my macro percentages too. Went from standard thereputic keto (5%c 25%p 70%f) to the Ketogains macros for fat loss/muscle building. So I'm going to try out 5%c 45%p 50%f for a month and see how it feels. Day 2 and I'm finding it hard to keep my fats down in proportion to my protein! Looks like cheese will play less of a role in my daily mealplan, hehe :)
  • Jigglypuff00
    @River_Goddess Ahhh...gotcha! I had my macros at 5%c 30%p 65%f and finally changed it to 5/20/75. I'm finding it harder to keep within those perimeters. The reason I changed it was because I read somewhere that the "True Keto Macros" were the 5/20/75. I think I read too much. Anyway, giving it a try for a couple of weeks and see how it plays out. I try my best to reach my protein goals and stay as close to 20 grams of carbs. The fat falls where it may! LOL!
  • spalm18240
    spalm18240 Posts: 4 Member
    SW 178.6
    12/3 178.6
    12/10 175.6
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

Happy with my results but still trying to figure things out :)
  • Jigglypuff00
    spalm18240 wrote: »
    SW 178.6
    12/3 178.6
    12/10 175.6
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

Good job!! Wonderful loss! Keep it going! :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member

Thank you! This actually just occurred to me yesterday, too. I recalculated and it dropped me by 200 calories!! That's huge and could be my problem. That, and I adjusted my macros to be more protein, less fat. I think now that I'm fat adapted I don't need to be eating as much fat... it can come from my body.

Here's hoping that a little tweak goes a long way!! :smiley:

Yay! I tend to agree that you we need less fat than when we first started (and I resisted this thinking for a loooooong time). When I started, it was 5/20/75 for the first couple of years. Then I hit super slow down/stall/started rolling backwards. I've tried as much as 85%F and right now I'm at 60%. At 60%, I can finally say things are starting to move in the right direction, even though I'm getting very close to goal. Now comes recomp, so I do need to keep my protein higher to help build some decent muscle mass. I'm at 25% body fat right now, aiming to hit 20% and lose about 7-10 more pounds of fat. Strength training, here I come.
  • chinatowninchina
    spalm18240 wrote: »
    SW 178.6
    12/3 178.6
    12/10 175.6

Not doing at all badly thus far!! Well done and good luck this week. If you have any questions about Keto etc just ask and someone will answer!
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    edited December 2017
    12/05 starting weight 205.8
    12/10 205.8
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

Pretty disappointed that I didn't lose any, but it's been a crazy and busy week. On the bright side though, I'm very happy about the keto woe. I started on Oct 4th of this year at 231.5 lbs. I'm hoping to get to onederland by the 1st of the year!
  • dgreene37
    dgreene37 Posts: 27 Member
    debbie7373 wrote: »

Pretty disappointed that I didn't lose any, but it's been a crazy and busy week. On the bright side though, I'm very happy about the keto woe. I started on Oct 4th of this year at 231.5 lbs. I'm hoping to get to onederland by the 1st of the year!

You didn't gain! Count that as victory.
  • chinatowninchina
    Am I the only one who looks at others and thinks, man I wanna be that skinny again!!! Well I have this one co worker I always think.. I wanna be that skinny, if I looked like her I would be happy. I joked today about her being lucky she can eat a crap ton and still weigh 130 lbs. She said... um add 15 lbs to that. I was shocked!!! I am only 9 lbs away from that!!! I was so excited lol. It's the little things hahahaha! Another one of my coworer was saying she is going keto all the way after the new year (as she was eating a bag of chips). Then she was going on about all the things keto entails. She is a total know it all lol, except she had no clue what she was talking about when it came to keto. And no one was gonna tell her other wise. I just sat and listened. She can do her thing. I will do mine. I have not told anyone other than my family I am keto. No one has asked and that's fine with me lol. I am proud to be skipping all that junk now instead of waiting till after the new year. Weightloss will not be my resolution this year!!!

Me too re looking skinny, well not actually: I'd settle for looking ok to myself and at my age looking skinny does no favours as a little fat around hides some sags! However a couple of sizes down of clothes, yes please! B)
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Hi! I'm new to using the message boards, hence new to this challenge. Thanks to the folks who put this together!

12/3: 203
    12/10: 199.6
    12/17
    12/24
    12/31

Woohoo hooooo! Congrats on having an awesome week, and Onederland!!!