Check In

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Oh, I see we got a new reaction! We can hug now!! Whoever hugged me, hugs back!!! =)

I know realize that it was probably an "awesome" but you can still have a hug. =P

• girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    We got a house!! It was a total whirlwind and a bit of bidding war, but we won and will have possession of our lovely 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 0.3 acre home on January 25th! I'm so relieved/excited/nervous... we just got nearly a foot of snow dropped on us yesterday and I was dreading having to live in a trailer for the next little while while we were without a home.

And of course, the most obvious cause for celebration is that my man and I will start TTC once we get settled in to the new place :)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    Welcome aubrey! Tell us about yourself!

Thanks! I'm Aubrette and my husband is Alex, I'll be 31 this Friday and he is 29. We met when we both worked at a restaurant in Tampa back in 2012 and we got married 7/10/16. We have two dogs and we recently moved in with my parents to save up to buy a house.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 Congratulations! How exciting! =)

@aubyshortcake Glad to get to know a little about you! =)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Auby!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend! Hard to believe in just 25 minutes it's going to be Christmas Eve!

I won't be on much and just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    Welcome aubrey! Tell us about yourself!

Thanks! I'm Aubrette and my husband is Alex, I'll be 31 this Friday and he is 29. We met when we both worked at a restaurant in Tampa back in 2012 and we got married 7/10/16. We have two dogs and we recently moved in with my parents to save up to buy a house.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!

@aubyshortcake my husband and I have been married since 07/09/16 - Just a day off from you! (we've been together since 2009). Welcome & happy belated birthday!

@girlalmighty08 congrats on the house- it is such a fun adventure!

I am enjoying some quiet with a cup of coffee and puppies playing but signing off of social media for the rest of the weekend!

MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!!! Talk soon, sending holiday spirit to all of you! :)

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @aubyshortcake happy belated birthday! I hope it was great! You and my husband have the same birthday!

Merry Christmas everyone! Xoxo
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    The aftermath - check in!

How was Christmas for everyone? I grazed all day, which basically was worse than eating a large meal. I woke up this morning and felt like I had a hangover from eating & sleeping in excess this past 5 days. I will say though, I really enjoyed myself, spent time with family, had some alone time with just my Husband & pups.

We made a big batch of chicken Taco soup for the week and as boring as it sounds, that will be our dinner basically until Friday (if we can stretch it). I wanted easy this week. Sunday (NYE) we are hosting around 12 people for our annual friends Holiday/NYE party. That will be a feast of goodbyes, lol. Starting next Tuesday Bryan and & I are hitting it hard diet wise. I have 2 scheduled sessions with the trainer this week so at least still staying active.

--let's talk FB pregnancy announcements. UGH. While I am happy for those couples, I would be lying if I didn't admit that each one I saw this past weekend ( I think THREE), they stung a little more each time.

I hope you all enjoyed your holiday so far, however and whatever that means to you!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    My Christmas was good. I actually managed a small deficit which is a first; however, yesterday I likely erased any deficit for the last couple weeks (not that I had one to begin with!). haha So glad that you enjoyed the time with your family! I hope you have a good week and that your party this weekend goes well! =)

I spent as little time on social media as possible. I'm much happier because of it.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    I made and ate: 2 pans of cinnamon rolls, 3 pans of Mac and cheese. I shared of course, but they were big hits so i.made extra over the course of the week. January will be the reset as usual diet wise. Going to do a whole 30 style diet!

TTC wise, i met with an RE Friday and got an HSG (all clear!) done yesterday. The RE won't do treatments with us for 3 months bc dh and I have been casually smoking ( stress smokes, anyone?) which I *know, I know!!* doesn't help at all but *kitten* this has been a stressful year! Guess I'll have more ore wine instead! No more smoking and hopefully I won't need to see the RE again bc we will get pregnant before then.

Christmas was a little rough emotion wise, but otherwise good.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Glad the HSG was all clear! Also glad the it was a good Christmas for you, apart from the rough emotions part. Sending lots of positive vibes your way!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes!!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey, I finally caught up on reading the backlog of posts I missed.
    Welcome @aubyshortcake and @girlalmighty08 !!! It's fun to get to know you guys. Also, happy birthday!

I don't think I can respond to all the posts, but I really enjoyed reading about everyone's Christmas. I loved the pictures of dishes and Christmas decorations and the puppy. I want Christmas dishes or at least glasses, but can't afford it for now. I'm deep in the hole paying all these medical bills.

@puffbrat Sorry your little guy was so sick the week before when you were trying to get ready to have everyone over. How did it go? Also, I'm sorry to hear about everyone's car troubles with accidents and trying to get them fixed. It's already hard financially around the holidays as it is. :/

@rhiannon Aaah, good for you going to Planet Fitness. I always consider doing the classes, but always chicken out since I'm such a wuss. Anytime I've ever been in a fitness class, I've always been one of the last struggling people. So kudos for doing the classes! But still, I miss going there. It was a little bit of sanity in my day. I can't wait to go back.

@Kirstie155 Food sounds delicious! I could totally go for a cinnamon roll. And big congrats on quitting smoking!!! I know it's really hard. Have you tried switching to vaping instead? I've heard it can make it easier to quit, and vaping does not cause lung issues and infections the way smoking does. My husband went that route and gradually weaned off cigarettes, then slowly quit vaping. My MIL recently quit smoking too. Last month, she got a really bad case of pneumonia which caused her to develop asthma. I hope she stays quit this time. Her cough still hasn't gone away.

Soo, as far as me and fitness go, since the nausea is lightening up, I'm gonna try this morning to use the PS3 Fit in 6 program to do some light stretching and pilates type workout before work. My back has been killing me. And the round ligament pain, AKA "lightening crotch", is a daily issue. I'm hoping that starting up slow exercise will help. Also, if I sit on the floor, I will feel safer. Since I've been dizzy and had balance issues lately and almost fell in the shower a few times. I'm afraid if I go to Planet Fitness, I'll fall off the machines. Lol. So I'm gonna sit on my yoga mat and take it easy.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Thanks Lizz. We weren't really smokers so it was easy to quit. We just bought some on a bad day and would *kitten* about 2017 on the porch while smoking a few. It just sucks that this mwasn the RE won't treat us yet. If I had known...

Sorry to hear about your pain, I hope that clears up soon but have heard it can last the whole pregnancy. Take it easy with your workout and listen to your body....making a person is hard work! It's okay to take a break and have a nap.
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    Just thought id drop in and say hi- how is everyone doing? Its been a bit quiet the past few days ( I know holidays are def a busy time of the year!).

@Kirstie155 I am rooting for the next 3 months to be a smooth transition, even though you weren't really active smokers it stinks you have to wait for that time frame -but lots of healthy changes can happen during 3 months as well!

@puffbrat how is your little guy doing? And what about your car(s)? Sending you good vibes, hopefully your buddy is feeling better!

@Alioth I am glad to hear your Nausea is slowing down a bit, I cant imagine that to be any fun, AT ALL! I will say, your "lightning Crotch" comment made me do a quick google, lol - not laughing at your pain of course, but have never heard of that before.

I don't think I got everyone, so apologies for that! But let us know how you are all doing.

It is snowing here like crazy, I have a cold which is causing intermittent dizziness when I stand up or bend over; embarrassing side note- I stood up to stretch at work and got super dizzy, fell to my knees, thankfully my cubicle was there to support me.

So that wasn't fun, but thankfully it hasn't happened since, and I have just been moving slower now since. With that said, I am just not feeling like weightlifting will be the safest for me tonight, the last thing I need to do is lift weights and drop something or pass out. So another day delayed at the gym, but I hope to A) Feel better soon, and B) Get back by this weekend.

Have a great week ladies,

Your chatty friend in TTC,

:)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Happy New Year!

@girlalmighty08 Congratulations on getting a house! That is so exciting!

@Kirstie155 That sounds delicious! And thank you for sharing the caramel corn recipe. I made it Christmas Eve. It was so easy and delicious. I'm sorry to hear that Christmas was rough but I'm glad you quit smoking.

@Alioth That's good to hear your nausea is starting to improve. I hope it just keeps getting better.

@RhiannonBecks That's awful about the dizziness! I hate doing awkward and embarrassing things at work. Glad your cubicle caught you.

Christmas was up and down for me. Our big Christmas Eve was great. I got to drink wine for the first time since conceiving! It was delicious ;) It was so nice to see everyone, but people were leaving gift wrapping on the floor and ignoring the dog while eating it. My husband, BIL and I caught him most of the time, but he still managed to swallow one ribbon which led to husband being woken at 6AM Christmas morning to the dog puking everywhere. Christmas day was much quieter (7 adults plus the Squish) but there were tons of gifts which led to my living room becoming a disaster. By the end of the night I got so stressed out that I reached a breaking point. I think it was an onset of PPD. I had a meltdown the next several mornings in a row. Hubby did give me some alone time for a long nap on Tuesday which was lovely. BIL left Wed AM and MIL and SIL left Thurs PM. I loved seeing them but having a clean and quiet house again is so nice.

Over the week, hubby and I argued several times about sleep schedules relating to the baby. I am still doing pretty much all of the night times and most of the mornings and just burned out. One night this weekend Squish woke up every 10 minutes for an hour and a half.

The reason for the terrible sleeping is because the poor little guy is sick again. He has a virus (most likely RSV) causing major congestion and coughing which led to bronchiolitis (similar to bronchitis). It's terrifying to hear him breathing so fast and wheezing but he went to the doctor two days in a row (second was a follow-up) and his vitals were ok but not great. He is doing much better starting yesterday but of course I now have bronchitis.

I am back to taking my anti-depressant daily like I'm supposed to and already starting to feel better. The Leo's slept in the guest bedroom last night to give me a break which was awesome!

Sorry for all the complaining. The sleep deprivation is taking a huge toll on me. Hopefully that will improve with Squish starting to feel better and hubby helping more with night wakings. When he feels well, Squish will sleep through the night.

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Figured I'd pop in too so you know I'm still alive!
    Christmas was crazy for us. Keith is still recovering. To be honest I'm so glad it is over. Thanks to post partum anxiety I was more worried about Christmas than I was about giving birth or becoming a mother.

I can now live in denial about any kind of holiday for a while. So that's nice. I haven't been using MFP as much as I should. I'm trying to get back into the habit now. But I really don't want to log those 5 cookies I just ate.

I guess for me it's just kind of the same day in and day out. It's really good but I don't know what to say! It's all about milestones for Keith these days. He started pushing himself backwards on his tummy on the floor and is getting pretty good at sitting up. Just got his 6 month vaccine which is going A LOT better than the 4 month ones. And he is probably transitioning from 3 naps to 2 naps which means I never know when or if he will nap lol.

For me.. I am working up the courage to talk to my boss (or request in writing) to work part time. I am considering quitting if they say no and finding part time employment. It would just suck to lose all my benefits and have to pay back my top up pay. But I cannot fathom how people take care of babies and have full time jobs. Even WITH daycare. I don't get it. How do you cook meals? Keep the house clean? Actually have time to spend with your kiddo? Plus I want to do extended nursing (crazy since I hated breastfeeding at first and now I am sad he's starting solids since it means less cuddle time) which would kind of be in the way of work hours since it would be nice to do it in the morning and at bedtime.

I have a lot of catching up to do on this group! Sorry about that!! And sorry in advance that it seems I still will not be able to post very often. But I am still here and this group is not going anywhere!

A picture for you all :)

z1qib8opzzzh.jpg

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @VeryKatie awww, thanks for sharing the picture! You both look great!! I think going back part time makes the most sense and I hope to be able to finagle something similar eventually. I have no idea how people do it without flexible work situations for at least one parent! Yay for the holidays being over and anxiety being minimized!

@puffbrat sorry you've been having such a hard time lately. I think sometimes discussions about sleep schedules are necessary. I can't even imagine going to work after waking up repeatedly through the night to soothe a baby. I hope you can get some sleep and feel better ASAP. eHugs to you!!

@RhiannonBecks sorry you have a cold. Falling down from dizziness sounds terrifying!! I have a cold too. Seems like a January thing. Tons of people around here are sick in one way or another. Don't rush to get back to lifting until you're feeling better!

It's felt good this week to get the weight loss ball rolling. Honestly I think it has been easy due to my cold as food looks mostly unappetizing to me. We did make bread last night for the first time and I've enjoyed a hearty portion of that so far. As far as TTC goes, I might finally ovulate here at CD79. I don't know if conceiving during such a weird cycle would even make a healthy baby, but that didn't stop us from giving it the old college try the past two days. If I have another fake-out LH surge I'm going to the doctor.

Hubby talked to his brother yesterday and learned that he and his wife tried for 7 years before they conceived their first son on a medicated cycle and then their second son via IUI. He had the audacity to tell Kris that as soon as we both stop thinking about it, we will conceive. I mean what kind of malarkey is that? Were they not thinking about it when they went through medication and IUI to conceive? Why do people have the absolute worst advice?!

• WifiresGettingFit
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Alioth Were you able to do any slow exercise yet? Has it helped? Hopefully you have been able to and it helped!

@RhiannonBecks I hope you're feeling better and you haven't experienced anymore dizziness!

@puffbrat Your Christmas Eve and Christmas Day sound very...festive. I have no doubt you needed that wine! haha Enjoy your clean and quiet house while it last. Before you know it, it'll be your Squish livening it up! =P (Not that he isn't already doing that hehe) Hope you both feel better soon! Glad you got a much needed break and that your medicine is helping! I didn't see it as complaining and I'm glad you shared! =)

@VeryKatie So glad you decided to pop in and let us know you're alive! I've been wondering about you! I'm sorry Christmas was rough for you. Little Keith is getting so big, I can't believe he's already getting his 6 months shots, where did the time go! haha I'm glad those shots went better! I hope your boss will work with you. Have you gotten the courage yet to ask about going part time? No need to apologize we understand and I'm just glad to hear from you from time to time! We know you have a lot going on. That picture of you two is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

@pezhed Baby dust sent your way! *fingers crossed* I find it very odd that that would be his advice to you guys especially because of what they had to go through to conceive their children but maybe it's just the result of him not thinking before he spoke. What would be ironic is if you and your husband do conceive this cycle (here's hoping) and your brother in law tries to take the credit that it was his advice that helped! =P

and I think I got everyone.

My update: I got the call today that my car is done so yay for that! We'll go pick it up after Andrew gets home from work. We woke up without water today, there was a main water line break just a few blocks down from us in the early morning hours and it took until about 2 p.m. for them to finish fixing it. I'm sure the numerous other water line breaks and the negative temperatures didn't help anything. I never realized how much I take water for granted until I don't have it anymore. This is me sharing my appreciation for water. haha