Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• Koso2006
    Koso2006 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Back to work today. I love my day off in the middle of the week. I get so much done.

Staying "on plan" and getting ready to do a 15 minute walk workout this morning.

Have a great day!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    My back is still bothering me a bit so no exercise here but I’ve been good with my logging. I’m hoping to see a nice kiss next weigh in (Monday).

Ha ha! Crazy spellcheck! I’m hoping to see a nice LOSS! Not kiss... although, that would be nice too :smile: .
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm starting keto again. Tried it last year and did quite well for a couple of months and then food addiction hit me hard. I'm a recovering binge eater.
    So I'm back with dietdoctor.com and will be doing 16/8 IF every day and then some extended fasts (with only water and salt) once I get through the initial stage.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend strayed today but I stayed on track. Unsure if this is in my favor but I stop eating at 7pm and I can easily go until 5pm the next day before I feel like I should eat something. So I'll eat a meal then I'm good until the next day. I'm getting plenty of water and I feel good. Today closes day 10 and 11lbs lost.
  • BulletProofSkim
    Options
    Was just reading back through the thread and the sleep issue jumped right out at me! I agree, when I have been doing keto in the past my sleep was terrible. According to the 2ketodudes podcast it's quite common ...
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    It seems to have the opposite affect on me. I actually sleep better on keto.
  • utdiva77
    utdiva77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend strayed today but I stayed on track. Unsure if this is in my favor but I stop eating at 7pm and I can easily go until 5pm the next day before I feel like I should eat something. So I'll eat a meal then I'm good until the next day. I'm getting plenty of water and I feel good. Today closes day 10 and 11lbs lost.

It is so helpful for me to see that you are already feeling the urge to eat less on day 10. I am starting slow, trying one keto meal at a time to convince myself that I can do it.
  • Koso2006
    Options
    Sticking to the plan. Trying to stay warm!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Jennairess
    Jennairess Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    just wanted to say hi! New here! just found this group. Started keto at the end of Nov, my husband is also doing this (as is my mother in law and father in law). Lost 25 lbs so far and loving it. I live in Florida but originally from New England. So hello to everyone!
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Started Keto Aug 3 2017 and lost 35 lbs to ~Dec 15 where the Christmas parties and treats took over and I began to seriously avoid my scale. I did over eat but unlike other years did not go on major binges so that is something. Dec 30th faced the scale and I was up 15 lbs which was depressing but I shrugged it off and went back to Keto. The first couple of days were rough but stuck to it even thru New Years and as of today, 12 days in, have lost 12 of those pounds. This WOE has its challenges but the benefits to me are so worth it. I started this as a diet to lose weight (again). I am sticking with it for health AND further weight loss. By the end of my sugar binge over Christmas my whole body was sore. Whenever I stood up I had to lean on tables or chairs to move the first few feet before I was fully upright and the pain in my ankle knee and hip was very
    bad. My ability to sleep was also affected This was normal for me pre-Keto. Now, once again, without the sugar in my system I get up and walk around like a “normal” person and am sleeping better again. I love the weight loss but I really love feeling so much better.
  • dailynmom
    dailynmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been on keto since Sept 11, got off from Thanksgiving through New YEars and didnt gain an ounce! (I did not weight myself until I knew had entered ketosis again)
    25 pounds down, just had a baby June 27th and 10 away from prepregnancy weight with 50 to go!
    I am finally back to IF, I drink coffee with cream at 7am, eat lunch at 11 and dinner 7.
    I love this WOE!!
  • jenk888
    jenk888 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm new here, trying to figure this out... I did Keto a couple of years ago and lost 25lbs in about 4 months. I felt great! Then, fell off the wagon and slowly gained it all back PLUS 15! Ugh.
    I'm back at it and have lost 10lbs in 11 days! Super happy about that. I like reading about all your successes and challenges, thank you. I am a pastry chef, just working part time now. I've been to culinary school and love cooking, so if anyone has any questions about cooking, or making a vegetable taste better, or different, just ask and I'd be glad to give you some suggestions. Last night for dinner I had a creamy cauliflower/curry soup with chicken breast to the side. It was delicious and so filling!
  • RealBuffaloMilk
    RealBuffaloMilk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I stared January 3rd. I only weighed in last Monday, so have no idea what I've lost, if any, but I feel fantastic! Add me if you'd like - My diary is open to friends and I could also use the support.
  • ttulipss
    ttulipss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started the day after Thanksgiving, but I think, even though I thought I was doing okay, maybe I had too many little "cheats" during the holidays to throw me off. Then the week between Christmas and New Year's, well, let's just forget that week. So back at it again and overall down about 5 lbs. Just happy I'm still down this time, but ready to lose a good 40! A year ago doctor had me on a low carb, pretty similar, but had me limit to 20g carbs per meal, one cheat meal per week and I could keep my coffee with minimal flavored creamer. When I stalled at about 20 lbs he had me start some meds and I lost another 15, but then several months later life got in the way. I stopped the meds, stopped eating that way and thought I was watching, but things crept in like Starbucks and unhealthy snacks on vacation and I gained 20 or so of it back. :( So here we go again...
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

I get really weird dreams but I definitely sleep much much better on keto! Downside is I have to get up at least once a night to tinkle where as I didn't have to do that before. But I suppose it's a good thing!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options

I get really weird dreams but I definitely sleep much much better on keto! Downside is I have to get up at least once a night to tinkle where as I didn't have to do that before. But I suppose it's a good thing!

What if you tried cutting off your fluid intake earlier? Could that reduce your sleep interruptions?
  • BulletProofSkim
    Options

Sounds like spontaneous intermittent fasting has kicked in for you!
  • Koso2006
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. Picking myself back up after a bad Friday. Stressed out and strayed off plan. Got right back on yesterday.

Have a great day!!!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @fifiman Sounds like you are doing well. It's an idea to break it down with smaller goals, like under 250, then possibly 230 etc as it always seems much more attainable and less of a task when you can really see an end in sight. Then you just set your next goal. It's all about achievement. o:)
This discussion has been closed.