Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I’m doing pretty much the same @elize7. My calories may be a bit too high for weight loss at the moment but cutting out sugar and carbs is more important at the moment.

It’s been awhile since I’ve lost anything but I’m stoked that I also haven’t gained. I’ll take it for now.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I have "it". Not sure what "it" is but it's not the flu. No fever, just drainage and cough and no voice. My husband is rejoicing. lol

Eating too much and totally out of ketosis thanks to illness and eating what is handy since I don't want to cook. I can only handle so many nuts lol. Not going to really try to get back into it until after Christmas. Seems like it would be pointless knowing what is coming up. Dinner at my house on Christmas Day, we will have 23 here. 22 are family and one very brave guest. We have a lot of meat variety planned, a ham, turkey breast and duck. I was going to fix a goose but couldn't find one except for one that they wanted $240 for! Seriously $240 for a 12 pound goose!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    I have "it". Not sure what "it" is but it's not the flu. No fever, just drainage and cough and no voice. My husband is rejoicing. lol

Eating too much and totally out of ketosis thanks to illness and eating what is handy since I don't want to cook. I can only handle so many nuts lol. Not going to really try to get back into it until after Christmas. Seems like it would be pointless knowing what is coming up. Dinner at my house on Christmas Day, we will have 23 here. 22 are family and one very brave guest. We have a lot of meat variety planned, a ham, turkey breast and duck. I was going to fix a goose but couldn't find one except for one that they wanted $240 for! Seriously $240 for a 12 pound goose!

Maybe it was the fairy tale 'Golden' Goose!! Have a great Christmas and I hope you feel better before tomorrow. <3
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Already determined today will be a blip on my keto map. This time planned, with a traditional family dessert...and, I plan to enjoy.
    Back at it tomorrow.
    I will be so relieved to see this holiday pass, it has not been one to remember...and, starting tomorrow, I hope to get a jump start on fitness plans for the new year.
    If I succeed, that will be me pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
    Have a wonderful day today, pals.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Yesterday and today have been write offs keto wise. My family will be staying with my parents for the next 3 days so I’m cutting myself a break a bit. I’m still being careful about bread and processed foods but mashed potatoes and gravy with Christmas turkey dinner? I’m not sure I’ll be able to pass it up... dinner is in an hour... we’ll see how it goes.
  • jamndyl
    jamndyl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    Yesterday and today have been write offs keto wise. My family will be staying with my parents for the next 3 days so I’m cutting myself a break a bit. I’m still being careful about bread and processed foods but mashed potatoes and gravy with Christmas turkey dinner? I’m not sure I’ll be able to pass it up... dinner is in an hour... we’ll see how it goes.

How did you do? Hopefully you enjoyed time with the family no matter what :)
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    These are such inspiring posts! I tried the Leto woe a couple of months ago then gave up before I had any of the benefits. The carbs (and old habits) were calling me! I’m going to start again as I’ve realised that the perpetual low level headache that I have actually improves when I eat less carbs. It seems to be a brutal way of eating but I’ll give it a go for it’s health benefits. I’m vegetarian. Good luck to all of you.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    jamndyl wrote: »
    Hi all! Excited about my 1 week update...made it through Christmas without cheating, stayed under 20g net carbs all week except Christmas eve, when I had 36g net carbs which is not bad at all. Woke up today 2lbs lighter than yesterday for a total of 6lbs lost my first week being totally on track. Yay! So excited to keep going.

That’s awesome! Congrats.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    These are such inspiring posts! I tried the Leto woe a couple of months ago then gave up before I had any of the benefits. The carbs (and old habits) were calling me! I’m going to start again as I’ve realised that the perpetual low level headache that I have actually improves when I eat less carbs. It seems to be a brutal way of eating but I’ll give it a go for it’s health benefits. I’m vegetarian. Good luck to all of you.

What do you mean by “brutal way of eating?”
  • Heather_J_May
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »

What do you mean by “brutal way of eating?”

• Heather_J_May
    Options
    It seems brutal when you eat as many carbs as I do! It’s a whole new way of eating for me.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely Christmas Day. 23 for dinner and gift opening, games and our family "talent show." It's controlled chaos. lol Ate tons of food, way too many carbs, lots of chocolate and sweets and all sorts of awful stuff and loved it. But no guilt at all. What is life if you can't celebrate once in a while. Right back on track today and I'll be back in ketosis before I know it. Didn't step on the scale and won't until next Sunday because I'm sure there was a gain, but it will go away. :)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I survived holidaze 2017!!!
    Starting my New Year's Rez today hoping to clear out some carb damage by Jan 1.

I feel such relief as soon as the holiday passes. Spiritually I can feel my 20 pound albatross floating away..now if I can only make it happen in the real world!

That is the plan. Part of it anyway.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »

@Marcelynh

I ended up with something very similar, and it turned out to be a nasty virus, and it was about 10 days and a steroid shot later before I could claim feeling human again. I hope yours is far kinder. All the hugs.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I’m still away from home staying with my parents and bouncing from one relatives to another’s facing meal after carb-filled meal. I’m trying to make “good” choices but will be happy to be on the road back home tomorrow.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    It seems brutal when you eat as many carbs as I do! It’s a whole new way of eating for me.

Oh. Ha ha! I wasn’t sure what you meant by that.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I’m finally on my way home from spending the Christmas holidays with my parents. I plan to ease my way back on track over the next few days and be ready to aim for full on ketosis come the first week of January. I’ve got about 35-ish lbs I’d still like to lose and I want them gone in 2018!
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Im new to Keto but have had a good experience with low carb in the past. Its my first week & I have been hitting a little high in the protien area & a little low on fats but otherwise doing pretty good. Im sure I will get it figured out. :) Im looking forward to the January challange to see how I can do by following the plan for a full month.
    Here's hoping we all have a great new year!
  • kouts
    kouts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im looking for support during this challenge
    Please friend me
This discussion has been closed.