Check In

Options

Replies

• RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options

My update: I got the call today that my car is done so yay for that! We'll go pick it up after Andrew gets home from work. We woke up without water today, there was a main water line break just a few blocks down from us in the early morning hours and it took until about 2 p.m. for them to finish fixing it. I'm sure the numerous other water line breaks and the negative temperatures didn't help anything. I never realized how much I take water for granted until I don't have it anymore. This is me sharing my appreciation for water. haha

@WifiresGettingFit I hear you about the negative temps & water main breaks. Michigan Here and it has been beyond cold this week! Our city actually sent out a notice to keep a small stream of water running from now until APRIL bc of all of the problems (several major businesses in town have had issues w/pipes freezing, damage/loss of goods etc) - Though side note, Trader joes had an issue w/freezing pipes and donated Tons of food to the local food pantry (go trader joes).

--side note, I am sorry, I know I have been checking in a lot lately, I just feel like this is a place I can openly share excitement, disappointment etc, TTC related or not (maybe I need more friends? ha). With above said weather being such a drag, anxiety/sadness over TTC and My dreaded Bday coming up ( I am not a fan of aging), my husband and I decided to book a long weekend 01/31-02/04/18 to PLAYA DEL CARMEN!! Wohoo. We have our big week long vacay for our anniversary in June, but this will be such a blast.
    We didn't make it a resolution per say, but we want baby so bad, and I have mentioned before we are just going to keep living life, and part of that for us, is travelling while we can before baby comes.
    -Also, gives me MAJOR motivation to stay to my diet/exercise plan for the next month.

Happy Friday Ladies, Here's hoping to a good weekend to you all.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks I'm incredibly over the cold. Between the water line problems, not being able to get warm even with the heat on and the electric bill because of running the heat, I don't like to wish time/months away but I wish it were Spring or at least closer to it. I've always heard good things about Trader Joe's, we don't have one locally or even near us that I know of but that's so awesome!

You can check in as often as you want, no need to apologize for it. I hope you have a fun trip, how exciting! Happy Friday, hope you (and everyone else) has a good weekend! =)
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks as Kayla said, check in as often as you like! I like to see activity in here! That is so interesting about your city recommending leaving a little water running. I guess it makes sense but man that is a lot of water over time if everyone complies. Booking a trip sounds amazing, especially one coming up so soon!! Enjoy the beach for me please!

@WifiresGettingFit ahh yeah water is so essential! It's hard to function without it and you don't realized how much you use it until you don't have it! We had a water main break (on our side of the connection..well actually the connection itself but our responsibility) a few months after we moved into our house and went without for 4 days. It was brutal! Thank god for neighbors letting us fill jugs/buckets from their hose.

I'm excited to be home this weekend after getting back from our 12-day trip on Monday. Hubby has been trying to get organized all week (he's on break from teaching at the community college) and it's my turn tomorrow! It will be good to do this now since all that's left for the shed is for him to build the shelves for storage. Then we'll have new storage in our pretty little shed! On Sunday afternoon I have a knife skills class he gifted me for Christmas. I know it sounds like a strange gift, but I get really frustrated at cutting veggies inefficiently and want to know the best techniques.

TGIF! Everyone have a great weekend! Oh here is a pic of the shed. The roof is purposely on an angle so that he can eventually put a "green roof" on it full of plants. Pardon the appearance of our back yard. We'll get it together someday!

g9lvu8ag19ji.jpg
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed Exactly! Oh that sucks! I couldn't even imagine honestly. I'm just thankful they were able to fix the line yesterday in the time they did. I know the crews must be busy because it's been really, really cold here. Last night was -20 with windchill and we have a windchill advisory until either sometime tomorrow or Sunday - I can't remember which. Like I said previously, I'm really just over the cold. haha

That doesn't sound like a strange gift to me, sounds useful! I'd take that class! haha I hope you enjoy the weekend at home!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie it's great to see a picture of you and Keith. He's gotten so big and is absolutely adorable! I'm sorry Christmas was so hard. I hope the next several months are calm and peaceful for you. You should definitely ask about working part time. I greatly preferred that to full time the four weeks I got to do it.

@pezhed I hope you ovulate and conceive this cycle! I got pregnant on my first cycle after going off birth control which meant I conceived somewhere around CD 70. My understanding from the doctors is that having a long or missed cycle before conception shouldn't affect the health of the fetus.

That is absurd what your BIL said, especially given what he and his wife went through. Hopefully that will be the only dumb thing he says.

@WifiresGettingFit That good news about your car. What a bummer about the water line though. Glad they fixed it relatively quickly.

Squish and I are both improving. Hubby has been amazing, sleeping in another room with the baby the last three nights. I'm not sleeping great because I wake up coughing but I don't have to worry about disturbing them, which really helps. I finally got the mobile set up today.

v7colq0kzkrv.jpg
    uas15vjz8xzb.jpg
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @puffbrat Glad you are both improving! That sucks that you aren't able to sleep well though. Love the mobile and your little Squish is adorable!

@pezhed I didn't see the picture when I made my initial reply but the shed looks awesome!
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    2nd week of January Ladies- How are we all doing? I am dreadfully just waiting for AF to arrive, supposed to start tomorrow, and I am having L sided cramps and some spotting- so its inevitable. AGH. That is how I feel. I am going to focus on the fact we have fun plans to visit my SIL this weekend and then only a few weekends until Mexico.

This morning I got a text from my MIL that she had to put down the family dog, very sad. She is a widow (my FIL passed away 3 years ago from an awful fight w/a rare cancer) and she has been alone since, w/the exception of Roscoe dog. I feel so bad for her.

I have been so exhausted this past week or so, I just cant seem to catch up on sleep; I am not sure if my sleep cycle is just off from NYE (We stayed up until THREE AM- I am normally in bed no later than 11, even on the weekends, lol) and since then I just haven't been sleeping, sure hoping that turns around soon.

I know I said in an earlier post I wasn't going to weigh myself daily, welp, already messed up that goal, LOL - except this time I am not letting anything really get to me (though, at this point it has been a downward trend, so we will see when an upward movement happens). My "OFFICIAL" weigh ins will be Wednesday AM though, so will be conscious of the fact that only Wednesday's "count". lol

Ok, off I go to enjoy my lunch- Fathead Pizza, some colorful veggies, a few strawberries & homemade Ranch. DROOL!

Cant wait to hear updates this week.

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I'm doing okay. I've been hungrier lately (hormones likely as I'm due to start in a few days) so I ate like a large insatiable elephant yesterday and well the few days before as well if I"m being honest but they weren't as bad. We got a snow/sleet mix this morning that made for an interesting drive for everyone. Thankfully I haven't heard of any bad accidents. The snow was still coming down an hour ago but it doesn't seem to be sticking anymore so hopefully the roads stay clear for everyone's drive home! It's suppose to warm up a little bit in the next few days. We've been in single digits with negative windchill's for what feels like forever but has probably been a week now. I know I said this already but I'm really ready for spring or just to see the sun more often again.

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL's dog. That's rough. :(

Hopefully your sleep schedule goes back to normal soon. I hope you enjoyed the pizza, it sounds delicious!
  • pezhed
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks sorry about AF and your MIL's dog. Losing a pet is so hard, I can't imagine in those particular circumstances! Sleep is key, hope you can catch up soon.
    @WifiresGettingFit be careful out there! Sounds like a lot of the country is in a freeze!

My month has been going okay so far. I feel like I've been doing well (except for yesterday) but as of yesterday morning my weight had made it back up to my start weight after some initial loss last week. So I don't know. I'm not drinking this month and DH and I started baking our own bread, so I think I'm replacing all of those calories with homemade bread and maybe not tracking them correctly. I'll have to do some real measuring/portioning for future servings. I'll get to the bottom of it, hopefully without getting overly discouraged in the meantime (yesterday was definitely discouraged eating--alllll the chocolate I could get my hands on).
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks I'm sorry to hear about AF and your MIL's dog. Losing a fur friend is so hard. Yay for Mexico though!

@WifiresGettingFit Glad to hear there were no major accidents as far as you know. Be careful!

@pezhed Homemade bread is delicious! I tend to eat way too much of it though when we have it. I love your shed!

I'm doing well so far this week. I feel much more emotionally settled. My husband and I are developing a better balance for taking care of the baby at night/first thing in the morning plus the baby is feeling better and getting back to sleeping well. I must be sleeping much better because my husband commented this morning that I seem much more chipper and awake. My bronchitis has improved dramatically. I still cough occasionally, but not nearly as often and not in the middle of the night now.

My eating habits still suck so I'm waffling within in a couple pounds. I know I really need to crack down and get back to logging. I'm just struggling to get back in the habit of making myself accountable. I also really need to get back to exercising. I'm pathetically weak and out of shape, and my body hurts from being a squishy blob.

Leo and I had an interesting conversation last weekend in which I think we decided that we probably do want another child. If so, we would ideally like no more than a 3-year age difference between kids. It was really shocking to me that Leo is already wanting another kid. He has made several comments to that effect the last couple months, but previously gave the impression one would be enough. I guess he's really enjoying Squish :) We did agree that if we have another kid, we can't both work full-time at least for the first couple years. It would just be too difficult and stressful with our personalities/life-style. This has made me that much more aware though that I need to really start shedding these pregnancy pounds!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed It really seems like that's the case. We had warmer weather today (it was in the 50's!) so I took advantage to get a deep cleaning of the apartment done. Cold weather zaps my energy and motivation. haha Unfortunately we are due for some snow and ice the next couple days starting tomorrow evening so I'm preparing myself. I'd definitely use the old recipe calculator for your bread to see if you can't get a better idea of the calories. I hope the past couple days have been better, don't get discouraged! It's part of the process, some days are just better than others!

@puffbrat I'm glad things are going better for you emotionally and otherwise and I'm really glad to read that your bronchitis has improved drastically! Yay for another baby! haha How exciting and it definitely sounds like it's going to be a motivator for you! As far as getting back on track, I wish I had some advice but I've been basically been "getting back on track" for 2 years now. =P

So nothing major update wise for me. Spent almost 3 hours yesterday at the dealership while getting an oil change and inspection done. I would hate to think how long it would have taken if I had failed the inspection. I think it was probably a combination of them being under staffed and busy? That's what I kept telling myself anyway. Needless to say though I was quite miserable because I was also on the second day of my period which is my heaviest so really the only thing I want to do is lay around and do nothing. After the car was done, I got gas and went to the store. The fatigue this cycle is ridiculous because after that I was spent and ended up taking a 2 hour nap with Andrew when he got home. As mentioned above, I was pretty productive today and used the warmer weather to my advantage to do a deep cleaning of the apartment. Other than that, it's been the same ol' same ol'.

I hope everyone is doing well!
  • pezhed
    Options
    @puffbrat That is exciting about trying for a second! I honestly can't imagine having one and both working full-time, or having one, working full-time, and eating really healthfully. I'm sure you'll get back on track by the time you start trying again!
    @WifiresGettingFit that sounds sooo frustrating! And sorry about your fatigue!

My eating has continued to spiral this week. SO many carbs. I shamelessly ate two donuts this morning. And then a half this afternoon. At lunch I ran 3 miles so I guess that might have helped offset? Tomorrow I'm going cross country skiing and am looking forward to adventuring in the mountains. It's been too long since I've been out there! What are everyone else's weekend plans?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed It was very frustrating but I did at least keep my cool. haha Thankfully the fatigue has passed! =) I hope you enjoy your weekend and adventure! Stay safe!

We are staying in this weekend so will probably not do too much unless it's just things around the house. We are currently experiencing the beginning of a winter storm. It was 60 earlier today and the temperature has since dropped below freezing so now we are getting freezing rain and eventually it's supposed to turn to snow and they are calling for accumulations of 2-4 inches. We went to the store when Andrew got home and it was a mad house. Soon after we got home, the downpour starting and shortly after that freezing rain so we got home just in time.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I haven't been on much since the holidays but this is the month we are going to start trying for baby, really excited but scared! My period just ended so..I think it's go time..eek!

I really need to get my eating in check, I've been going over by a lot almost every day.

I need to catch up reading this thread, hope everyone is doing well!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @aubyshortcake Baby dust sent your way! As for the needing to get your eating in check, I'm right there with you! haha
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    Hi Ladies, week 3 of January already in progress- I Seriously cant even believe how time flies sometimes!

How are you all doing? My mini vacation to MN was C O L D (high temps for the day were around -7, BRR) But, we had a fabulous time, we ate & drank our way through the city and the scale proved it (gained those 5# I dropped, but chalking it up to water retention/travel bloat). We got back Sunday, and I am already down 2.5 just by increasing my water/eating better- In no time i'll be back to baseline and hopefully moving towards the negative!

How is everyone feeling in regards to TTC/Pregnancy. Any updates? Today is CD9 and the start of my fertile week, hoping that this is the month, crossing all of my fingers & toes, lol. We head to Mexico on the 31st and my next AF is scheduled to start on Feb 2nd --makes me a little nervous to drink to my hearts desire while I am there, just in case- but then I also don't want to regret not having a good time in hopes that it WILL be my months, plus my Bday is on the 3rd. AGH. First world problems, I know, I know. Just decisions decisions.

Just curious who is using what app to track things? I have been using Ovia, and outside of a few small things I really like it. It has def opened up my eyes and taught me a lot about my cycle & body!

Ok, off I go! Thanks, as always for reading, hope to hear back from you all.

Sending Positive vibes to you all!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd let you all know I plan on coming back February. We will be starting proper family dinner then since I can't just keep feeding Keith alone (but he doesn't have the food repetoir yet to join us so we've been eating after he goes to sleep). If I'm going to cook then I may as well log.

Love reading everyone's updates :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks Glad to hear you had a great time on your mini vacation! Positive thoughts sent your way! =)

@VeryKatie Yay! haha

No updates on my end. Just the usual ho hum of life. haha
  • pezhed
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks happy fertile week! Hope you're having fun! I use Fertility Friend to track my cycles. Do you temp? If I weren't tracking my BBT I wouldn't use it, but I am definitely going to be tracking my BBT from here on out. There is a free version and a VIP version. I just bought a year of VIP for $25. You can have friends and see their updates which is kind of fun. Here is my charting homepage for an example. It's looking rough right now because of my last cycle being RIDICULOUS and then my dog eating my thermometer. My homepage
    Tracking my BBT maintains my sanity (kind of) because if I know I didn't ovulate then I know my period isn't late. This was SO helpful for this last a-hole cycle. I used to use Glow to track but it just provided estimates based on cycle length. Anyway I won't babble about this too much without knowing what you do at this point to track.

As for me I FINALLY GOT MY PERIOD YESTERDAY. This past cycle was only Cycle 5 but it was 3 months long! My body is such a troll. I think it might have been due to having gotten sick 3 times during the cycle? Actually it ended up being 4 since I had a cold the last time I got a positive OPK and couldn't confirm ovulation through temping. I must have ovulated though because my period is here. I've never been so happy about it! I'm hopeful that this next cycle will be "normal" because I feel like I've earned it, haha.

• SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am right in the thick of planning a 250+ person, 3 day conference and currently spending more time at my desk than at home. Our baby savings account will love the overtime, but I would so much rather be at home. 13 hours yesterday and looking like the same again today.

Tomorrow I've got a 130 mile drive to the event location to do a walk-through, but I am getting to take hubby with me and will be able to enjoy a comp night at the resort, so it's not a bad way to end the week. We'll get to sleep in Saturday and grab brunch somewhere before getting back to do chores in the afternoon. The conference is Feb 7th, but we have our company annual meetings next Wed-Friday so it'll be impossible to get much done then. Last year I had someone to help me, I'm on my own this year. Ready for it to be over already.