AB0215 wrote: »
    Weigh in:
    Username: AB0215
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's Weight: 190.9 lbs
    Current Weight: 190.8 lbs

Yay no weight gain

Yes, true, but what that doesn't tell you is, there IS fat loss, just did my measurements and I lost inches in my midsections, but gained muscle on my arms and legs, so I will take it.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Calcul
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Week: January Week 4
    PW: 412.8lbs
    CW: 427.8lbs

So disappointing but I'm not surprised as I've been in bed all week due to this last injection that I received so I just been eating and sleeping taking pain pills this is the life that I live right now sad but true fighting really hard to stay positive hopefully next week will be a good month that's all I have to say that's why it took so long for me to post it admit my disappointment in myself but this is the only way we can move on by acceptance :( I :'(

Don't be so hard on yourself! Life gets in the way like that but you're stronger than anything it can throw you! Don't tell yourself that you hope next week will be better. Next month WILL be better. Why? Because YOU'RE going to work hard to make it much better! Find that motivation within you and go for it!
  • ssssanaaaa
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

Awesome I am so happy you're seeing progress that's always a positive in my book my I'm also stagnant right now but I'm trying to stay positive because I really can't do anything but stay in bed but I'm thinking about getting up and exercising that's a good part for me but I can't push myself cuz that's how I wined up in bed in the first place because I pushed myself too hard so now my back is just not cooperating at all and this new shot that they gave me on Monday if not helping either but positive all I have to do right now is just stay positive so I'm trying to think happy thoughts while I'm in the bed of all the exercises I'm going to start doing when I feel better thanks for the encouragement keep it up

Definitely do the exercises because those are good for your mental health just as much as your physical health. Remember though! The biggest portion of weight-loss is your diet! So look through your food diary entries and see what one thing that sets you back is and change/replace it with something healthier! You got this!
  • ssssanaaaa
    Options

Yes, true, but what that doesn't tell you is, there IS fat loss, just did my measurements and I lost inches in my midsections, but gained muscle on my arms and legs, so I will take it.

You're awesome!
  • ssssanaaaa
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Daily Post
    Track?: Yes!
    Calories: Over :(
    Exercise: Not at all. Just studied all day on my butt.
    Water: 42 ounces

Comments: Ahh. I'm visiting my grandmother's house and I get fed so much here. It also doesn't help that I have a physics test on Tuesday that I'm buckling down to study for! Bad water intake too. I'm going home tomorrow and I'm going to watch what I eat all day tomorrow so that I can make up for today.

I've also noticed that I tend to do pretty good throughout week days and then the weekend comes and I just stop eating healthy which results in higher calories (and a spike up on my weigh-in day). Really bad habit and I'm glad I've noticed this pattern so now I can try changing it. Will be more watchful about this from now on.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Daily Post:(Saturday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Weigh in:
    Username: Fyreside
    Previous Week's Weight: 263.2 lbs
    Current Weight: 263 lbs

A little disappointed about the end of week numbers, but I've had a big week, and I know I'm carrying a good deal more muscle than I was last week. No big changes with the tape measure, but noticeable change in mass. Hoping next week brings some stabilization of the muscle development and I can get back to losing a few lb.
  • PaganUK
    PaganUK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    PaganUK
    January week 4
    PW 153
    CW 153
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    So as we are coming to the end of the month I wanted to throw something out to the group.....I think I would like to officially be in the challenge next month rather than the cheer squad. It might help me with getting the scale to move again. BUT my weight loss goal is small - I would be shooting for 2lbs in February. And I have an injury. I’m worried I’ll be a burden on the group in terms of overall weight loss percentage. So if that’s the case I would just stay in the cheer squad.
    Anyone have thoughts or feedback?
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @ka97 Originally, I joined for the competition. But as the time goes by, my ambition has been tempered by the weeks where I did everything I could and still didn't lose weight. I think I value the team more than the scoreboard now, and every step any of us take towards our goal is a victory. In summary, I wouldn't mind. And if you lose 2lb next month I'd be stoked for ya.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    So as we are coming to the end of the month I wanted to throw something out to the group.....I think I would like to officially be in the challenge next month rather than the cheer squad. It might help me with getting the scale to move again. BUT my weight loss goal is small - I would be shooting for 2lbs in February. And I have an injury. I’m worried I’ll be a burden on the group in terms of overall weight loss percentage. So if that’s the case I would just stay in the cheer squad.
    Anyone have thoughts or feedback?

I've been going through a period of body recomp and not specifically weight loss, so, I'm neither hurting, nor progressing the team, but I will tell you, spending time on here with the team keeps me going so I am with @Fyreside on that one.

AND who knows, maybe it will help you feel pressure to follow it more closely...and help you breakthrough...

Ultimately, the decision is yours, but I encourage you to do whatever you want to do because ultimately, we're in a friendly "competition" but we are really just a group of people trying to better ourselves and using a team to help support our own healthy goals...
  • AB0215
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Daily Post:(Saturday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Weigh in:
    Username: Fyreside
    Previous Week's Weight: 263.2 lbs
    Current Weight: 263 lbs

A little disappointed about the end of week numbers, but I've had a big week, and I know I'm carrying a good deal more muscle than I was last week. No big changes with the tape measure, but noticeable change in mass. Hoping next week brings some stabilization of the muscle development and I can get back to losing a few lb.

You can't be too disappointed, you've had a great month, a big breakthrough, and ultimately, weight loss isn't linear so you never know what the scale will say next week...
    Also...we all know that muscle burns more calories to sustain so ultimately with your new muscle, you will eventually be chipping away at your fat "reserves"

Don't be disappointed, you've lost more than me this month... :) (and I'm not disappointed in myself or you for that matter)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

AND who knows, maybe it will help you feel pressure to follow it more closely...and help you breakthrough...

Yes this is what I'm thinking! Being close to goal and dealing with an injury, I've got very little wiggle room with my calorie intake.

@Fyreside If I can lose a pound in February I'll be stoked!

Ultimately the goal is to drop 8-10lbs to be back at goal weight by summer.

• AB0215
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »

Yes this is what I'm thinking! Being close to goal and dealing with an injury, I've got very little wiggle room with my calorie intake.

@Fyreside If I can lose a pound in February I'll be stoked!

Ultimately the goal is to drop 8-10lbs to be back at goal weight by summer.

So, does that mean you're going to throw your hat back in the ring!?!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Week 4 Winner's Circle (for Team Participation):

1st Place:
    @Fyreside @IanMoone30 @jennfalzon1979 @JJKM02 @mexiconona

2nd Place:
    @mjohemme @ssssanaaaa

3rd Place:
    @Calli1616 @gemwolf110

Honorable Mention:
    @ka97

Thanks for all your hardwork, dedication, and participation!! You guys are rocking it! Let's finish strong with Week 5!

The official results should be posted tomorrow and when they are, I will re-post them here.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don’t even want to weigh myself tomorrow. Feeling defeated.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercise yes
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    DanishFeta wrote: »
    Username: DanishFeta
    Weigh in week: January, Week 4
    Previous Week's weight: 219.6
    Todays Weight: 219

I gained weight last week, yet my waist measurements went down 3cms/1inch XD

Nice! It's great to take measurements so when we are tempted to be down on ourselves because of what the scale says, we have other evidence to verify that we are in fact...AWESOME. :smile:
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Username:143tobe
    Weigh in week:5
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's Weight:163
    Current Weight:162.6

So before I started going to the gym and was focusing mainly on diet and moderate exercise here and there, the weight was falling off me. Now that I'm back at the gym, the weight loss has come to a crawl. BUT, I had also stopped logging all my food during this time because I was becoming too obsessive and FOOD and numbers were on my mind every waking hour. So after going back and logging some of my days by memory, I realize I was probably eating closer to maintenance rather than at a deficit these past two weeks. I could do a body recomp at this point, actually, I think my body would prefer it, but I really want to see that scale go down so I am once again tracking all my calories. I have lost 29 lbs in the past 97 days and although I am super happy with my progress, I can't help but feel a little discouraged because I have the biggest "bat wings" ever. I am 40 years old and I have old lady bod! Actually, the gym I go to is mainly senior citizens and even THEY don't have old lady bod! Just me! :D Previously when I had reached this weight, I had done it slower and I was working out the whole time so my body was visually better. I'm not used to just looking so saggy. :s Yes, I'm complaining, but not complaining. I could have brought my weight down slower but you know how it is, after almost reaching your goal weight, and then regaining, you just want to get back to where you were. Anyways, thanks for letting me vocalize. Great job on the challenge everyone, and even if you didn't lose what you wanted to remember, just being present is half the battle!
  • sarahann104
    sarahann104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Guys:)
    I'm sorry, I have been a really bad team member lately. I have been going through some financial stress and anxiety has been bad. Overall my journey is still going well, I have havent had the motivation to write in the team threads. I am getting back to work on Wednesday so once I start getting a good income again I will be fine:)

This discussion has been closed.