Options

Replies

• IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories barely
    Exercise no
    Still eating the wrong things. Kind of getting depressed can’t keep away from the junk food.
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under.
    exercise no
    Water about 60oz
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories barely
    Exercise no
    Still eating the wrong things. Kind of getting depressed can’t keep away from the junk food.

I used to be that person, and honestly, I probably would still be if I didn't change my lifestyle altogether. I don't know if this is feasible in your situation, but maybe try getting rid of junkfood in the house altogether?

If not, maybe, think about how that junkfood fits into your goals (it probably doesn't really fit), so maybe it may help to think about it, and if you're making more of a conscious effort to think about the food you are choosing, it might help to not eat the ones that you shouldn't.

Another thing that helps me is planning. I plan my day everyday at the start of each day and think about what I need to eat to achieve my goals and why it's important to stick to my plan. Thinking about it that way has really helped me to change my mindset and my actions.

We're stronger than food, you CAN do this!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Day: Today was Day 1 of my new training program and I was super excited and a bit nervous since it's really pretty aggressive. I did it, and much to my surprise, I found the strength and it worked out really well, I crushed it!! And I've cleaned most of my entire house today, mainly out of fear that I will be too sore to move tomorrow, but for now, I feel great!
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes--60 minutes weight training, 2 hours cleaning.
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • AB0215
    edited January 2018
    Options
    5yan90r3uxp0.png
  • AB0215
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Welcome to Week 4 Slimsons!

Keep on working hard, we got this!!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercise. No
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    What were your Non-Scale Victories this week?

That I made it to the gym 5 times this week I went STRONG despite that I had only returned to the gym the week before. My BIGGEST NSV was that yesterday was the FIRST TIME in over a year's membership there, I actually took a shower there. They have kind of an open community shower (women only of course), but to shower, undress, everything, it's all in the open. I never felt anywhere close to being comfortable enough to attempt it. So for me, this was HUGE. Another NSV was that on your 100th attendance of your gym, you get a gym t-shirt with their logo on it. That was last week for me, but I didn't get the t-shirt until this week. They gave me a MEDIUM and it fit perfectly! I was seriously jumping internally for joy at that one. It's been so long since a medium actually fit. And even better, it appeared to be a women's medium! Lots of NSV's this week, happy happy!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Username:143tobe
    Weigh in week:4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's Weight:163.8
    Current Weight:163

Much slower loss this week but I think it's because I've been going to the gym as I tend to gain muscle pretty fast, and it's probably also inflammation. My gym has one of those body scans so I had my muscle mass, fat, etc analyzed on Wednesday. The trainer was curious about my diet and weight loss so he's scheduled me another can in two weeks from Wednesday. So it will be interesting to see if and how my body composition changes.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Week 3 Official Results:

Team Slimsons Podium:

1st: @mmurph102
    2nd: @Fyreside
    3rd: @deanit

Congrats to the winners!!

Let's keep January going and see how we do next week!!

January Week 3 Results
  • AB0215
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Username:143tobe
    Weigh in week:4
    Previous Week's Weight:163.8
    Current Weight:163

Much slower loss this week but I think it's because I've been going to the gym as I tend to gain muscle pretty fast, and it's probably also inflammation. My gym has one of those body scans so I had my muscle mass, fat, etc analyzed on Wednesday. The trainer was curious about my diet and weight loss so he's scheduled me another can in two weeks from Wednesday. So it will be interesting to see if and how my body composition changes.

I swear some of my most dramatic months for inches are the ones I don't lose as much weight as I have in other months...which supports the idea that weight loss and fat loss don't occur simultaneously. I do my scans every 4 weeks, helps keep me motivated and to see where I can improve.

And another thing...slow and steady wins the race...it's better to lose it slow and work on your body composition and making good habits for the future...through diet and exercise than to just focus on losing the weight quickly...so good for you, that's really great to see you working hard on both fronts.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »

Ultimately at some point you just have to turn a corner on the whole priorities thing.. Hopefully you don't leave it until diabetes and ruined knee joints really start to impact your quality of life. I know I did, and I sure wish I'd changed direction a few years earlier.

I find it's important to stock the fridge and pantry with the right food. And don't try to be that perfect diet person. You can eat "naughty" things.. Just eat the right amount of them. Once you break the pattern of dependency on comfort foods, it will be a heck of a lot easier to open the fridge and make that "right" choice.

I picked up a saying last year, and I think it resonates.. Discipline is choosing between what you want now, and what you want most.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Daily Post:(Sunday)
    Exercise: Yes

Sunday is supposed to be my rest day in the week, something I believe to be important. But I didn't rest and boy am I feeling sore.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Monday
    Week 4
    Pw 207.4
    Cw 205.9
  • AB0215
    Options
    Weigh in Monday
    Week 4
    Pw 207.4
    Cw 205.9

You're chipping away at it and look how close you are to under 200!!
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    This weekend I count as a success. I had things that I shouldn't (mainly a blizzard and pizza rolls), but I still kept it pretty close to my allotted calories (with extra earned from exercise).

Tuesday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Exercise: Yes, strength and a trip to IKEA
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Monday
    Pw 194.0
    Cw 196.5

So, I would guess my NSV is that the gain wasn't as bad as I was fearing after a week of travel, meetings, catered meals and holiday party. I'll take it! And I'm back on track this week.

Sunday:
    Track no
    Calories no
    Exercise no
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    How's everything going?

Everything is alright! What about you? :)
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Weigh in:
    Username:ssssanaaaa
    Weigh in week: 4
    Previous Week's Weight:194.4
    Current Weight:194.1 (This was taken this morning).

Comments:
    GUYS. I reached 192.1 before this weekend and I was so happy but I'm always so much more lax on the weekend which ruins me. My brother decided on taking us to a buffet on his birthday so that messed me up but at least I still have a little loss since last week? BUT IT'S THE LAST WEEK before the end of January! So going to pick up the gears and go really hard this week and reach my goal! We got this!!

(Also, are we weighing in one more time before the end of the month?)

This challenge has been so helpful in helping me to understand where my weaknesses and strengths are. The daily log not only holds me accountable but also is like a little journal for myself to help reflect on what went well, what can go better, any patterns that I notice, and what my goals are for the week. AND I definitely lost weight during it! Will definitely be joining February after the last log for January!! I'm so excited for this week because I KNOW it will go well!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Good Morning guys:)
    I have had a crazy week this week, but I am home and ready to get back into it. I was on family vacation and my scales did not come with, They werent invited lol.
    I will see a gain this week, But am now back to weighing and measuring everything :)

We all have those moments the best that we can do is try our hardest while having fun. B)B)B)B)
This discussion has been closed.