TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)
    Last night did not go as well as I planned. I haven't even logged it yet, but I will. Tonight I am free to just go home, woot! I have a Home Chef meal to cook (Japanese steak and some kind of carrots) and I'll get my little strength workout in, also, on top of my normal walking.

Tuesday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Track: Not yet
    Calories: Probably not
    Exercise: Yes, walking only
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Username: tinak33
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's Weight:179.9
    Current Weight: 180.6

I'm hovering around the 180 mark..... It's not a plateau. It's an "I've lost my mojo". I lost my motivation to track what I eat. Not necessarily to lose weight, as I am still trying to keep it around the 180 mark (or lower!). But I just don't care. And I think it has to do with exhaustion and crappy cold weather. When I am tired, I eat. I feel more energized when I eat (aka sugar high.... lol). And it's been so cold out, it's making me more tired. Even when I sit at my desk at work with my space heater going.
    I just can't seem to get motivated to continue! And it's upsetting. But not upsetting enough to make me change anything.
    I'm stuck in a slump and lost my mojo!! :'(

Oh no! You CAN'T GIVE UP! Try to find something to motivate yourself to keep pressinh your way towards your goal! I know exa tlt how you feel though, been there plenty of times and had to lool deep within myself to pump myself up again inorder to get back up and start my latest program again!
    This TEAM IS ROOTING FOR YOU SO DO NOT GIVE UP!!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Daily post: Wednesday (I usually do these the next morning but today was awful and I need to get it off my chest)

Track?: Yes
    Calories: Over by A LOT :(
    Exercise: No
    Water: 3 cups.

Today was a bad day in terms of fitness and school too. I was sitting all day long on my butt supposed to be studying but was being mostly unproductive. My emotionally draining friend came to 'study' me (usually talking to friends/people in general helps me feel energized but for some reason she drains me :/ I'm not sure why) but we only studied for about an hour and after that she kept talking on and on until she had to leave and there was only less than an hour left til my last class so I didn't get much studying done. In terms of fitness, my day started out alright except for I ate some cereal which may have triggered that bad day? because it has more carbs than I want to eat in a day (I'm on a low carb diet). and then my brother suggested we go to qdoba and I think 1 burrito is packed with like 1000 calories so I had that and then on top of that I ate more when I came home. Ugh. I think I have the mindset "Well, I already messed up today. Might as well indulge." which I dont think is a good one. i can't wait for tomorrow so I can start over.

Be encourage we all have those days when our mindset is just not very motivating just keep pressing your way towards your goals and make the next day a better one!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Tracked
    Under calories
    Zumba

Hey Missy! Glad to see you are still tracking and attending your Zumba classes!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Snow day here. It's been snowing most of the day, and school was cancelled. I shoveled for exercise today (rather than letting the plow guy come and do it). Roads are clear enough now that I could probably get to the gym, but honestly I'm tired. So far I"m well under for calories - I might indulge in a glass of red wine :smile:

Mhmm red wine!! Well deserved, especially after working so hard with all that snow!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Here’s a chuckle for you. My lunch everyday is a protein shake. I use Vega Vanilla protein powder, frozen fruit, a scoop of peanut butter, a scoop of benefibre and a tiny bit of cinnamon (boosts your immune system). Today. While a smidge distracted by my 3 year old...I put chilli powder in the blender instead of cinnamon. Yuck.

Oh wow! That is funny! I wouldn't be able to drink that either
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    I'm in a chatty mood, so I'm going to post a bit more here lol. I believe I've had a breakthrough on the whole stall/plateau thing. As I sit here now, I'm pretty darn sure the problem is insomnia. I've been tracking so much data lately.. from my wrist tracker, CPAP machine, notes and more. I found a very clear pattern and sadly proved it last night.
    When I get to sleep before midnight, I don't eat anything late.. I wake in the morning lighter than I was the day before, have a coffee and very happily fast until my IF window from 6pm till 12. Following this pattern and eating under goal calories has me moving in the right direction every time.

But, when I don't fall asleep. At around 1am, the cruel late night snack fairy comes and clobbers me. When I late night snack..It's not a nibble.. The cravings are extreme, and I will devour a thousand plus cal of this that and anything else I can get my hands on. Oh it's fine I tell myself, It's all going on tomorrow's budget, so what's the harm... the harm is, consistently, I wake up heavier. Heavier even than the total weight of food I ate and drank in the wee hours of the morning.

I don't have the science to back this up.. And there are many "experts" on this site who will tell you that for weight loss it doesn't matter what time of day you consume your calories. But for me, it really does seem to matter. (Wed night) After a bad night of not sleeping and multiple trips back to the fridge, I've weighed in 2Lb heavier than I was after shower last night.. (after dinner) And if I go back over the data.. The pattern is, I will have lost some, but not all of those 2Lb by the time that I get back to my eating window tonight. Conversely, had I just been able to fend off the snacks till morn, I could have fasted through the day, eaten the same amount of calories for the day and been down on Lb by the next morning.

Does anyone else here struggle to get to sleep and have an evil snack fairy living under the bed?

Bryce,

I definitely have an evil snack fairy living under my bed and usually able to ignore that evil fairy but lately I've been given in to it so I know exactly what you mean
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

Be encourage we all have those days when our mindset is just not very motivating just keep pressing your way towards your goals and make the next day a better one!

Thank you for your kind words <3 Today is much better so far. I hope it stays that way when I go home! I sure am planning on it to make up for yesterday!

• jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    My son’s 6th bday and the start of three days of bad food. So pizza. Cake and wine. I also had a rough night last night and was in a funk so I had Mcds breakfast. Mfp says I am under my calories but the pizza I had to guess. Regardless. I ate way too much. I am tired and hope my 7 month old has a better sleep (teething sucks)

Track - as good as I could
    Calories - under. But I doubt it
    Exercise- 1 hour weightlifting
    Water - 56 ounces
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track. Yes
    Calories. No
    Exercise. No
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @tinak33 I think now is one of those times were you have to really dig deep for some resolve and determination. Think about why you set off on this journey in the first place. Picture the destination and want it.. Want it bad.
    You've got this.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Daily Post:(Tuesday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes Quieter day today, but got the heart up into aerobic bpm range for a bit and made some progress.

@gjaholy33 If we can just get to sleep, she can't get to us :D
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes
    It was a good day
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sorry another crazy night...so this daily post is for Thursday.
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 60 minutes of aquafit and 20 minutes of swimming
    Water intake about 80oz
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Username - JJKM02
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous weight 324lbs
    Current weight 321.8
    Down 2.2
  • mmurph102
    mmurph102 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Username: mmurph102
    Weigh in week: January Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 122.2
    Current Weight: 119.4

Using the water app has definitely helped me. Was never a big water drinker but have been getting in 64oz every day now!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    mmurph102 wrote: »
    Username: mmurph102
    Weigh in week: January Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 122.2
    Current Weight: 119.4

Using the water app has definitely helped me. Was never a big water drinker but have been getting in 64oz every day now!

Great job on the water and great loss!!
    I once read somewhere that water helps to metabolize fat and if your goal is to lose fat then you need water, and so I tried it and I think it helps me, and it also helps me by making me feel fuller which also helps me to eat less.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)
    Day: Ate more than I should have, but I think somehow I managed to stay within my goal, so that surprised me.
    Exercise: No--unless you count shopping...
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Friday Slimsons!!

zsthrymcconm.jpg

This is pretty much how I do it, otherwise, I tend to get "busy" and not exercise.
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)
    Yesterday went well and I didn't have to dip into my exercise calories. Today is a birthday at work and this evening is going out with friends. In the middle is my monthly appointment with my PA for my supervised weight loss program.

Tuesday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Exercise: Yes, walking and strength
This discussion has been closed.