Replies

• jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Gooood Morning
    Weigh in day

Pw- 210.4
    CW - 207.4

Returned to my usual fitness regime. I’m happy with the results. I just might see below 200 this month
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Daily Post:(Sunday)

AB, I've tried both more protein and less protein. And I'm getting different advice from every direction lol.. So I ran the numbers to try to tailor an answer best suited to my body and situation. Going on a lean body mass of 70kg or 154.3Ll multiplied by a range of .8-1g per lb. gives me an ideal range of 123.44g to 154.3g per day. And I'm only just in range working with a 30% goal. There are so many factors to consider, but surely I'm in the ballpark. I've started think keto might be too sharp a knife edge to try to balance on lol. Here's my macro breakdown for the last couple of weeks.

Anyway, trying to be patient.. But sadly I'm running out of time and missing out on opportunities. So I sure hope I have a breakthrough soon. Going to do a bigger fast this week than I've tried before.. See if I can't stimulate some change.

I find that for me the less processed I eat, the better, and I also practice intermittent fasting (16:8 usually) but for 3 days a week I will be loosening that for my training days. One thing I did try once and it did seem to help get things moving for me was a "fat fast" and you may want to look into those...and see if one might look like something you'd like to try. And for me I know I'm going through a period of body recomposition so that's what mine is and I'm about to begin training for a weight lifting competition so I know that my weight won't be going down super sharp (or even at all for a bit) and that may be the case for you as if I remember correctly, you were also lifting weights as well...BUT my biggest take-a-way here is that patience more than everything else is key, which is extremely frustrating and super hard to do! I just don't want to see you give up on yourself because you are worth it and if it were easy....everyone would do it!
  • AB0215
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Weigh in:
    I started going back to the gym on a regular basis. I was a little worried working out on a "Keto burn" rather than my previous high carb fueled ones (back when I was a gym rat). Also, it had been a while since I'd done a full one hour workout. The ones I've done since being on Keto were usually just a half an hour bike ride, or light jog, or walk here and there. To my great surprise, my return to the gym was a lot less painful than my previous attempts to return. I actually feel great. High energy. Full focus. I FEEL fueled. I'm not saying that Keto is for everyone but at this point, I have never felt better on a "diet" in my life. Even back when I was running half marathons, I felt great on high carb...but I really only ran so I could eat more. Now food is really not even on my mind as much anymore.

I never gave up the gym when I started Keto, but I did pull back because when you first start, your energy isn't all there yet. I feel better now, have more energy than I have ever had...and while I agree, Keto isn't for everyone, it's strict, generally encourages you to eat better, cleaner, and cut out sugar, and you're right...I don't feel like I am on a "diet" and you're doing great!! Keep up the great work!!

And thanks for sharing!!
  • AB0215
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Gooood Morning
    Weigh in day

Pw- 210.4
    CW - 207.4

Returned to my usual fitness regime. I’m happy with the results. I just might see below 200 this month

Great job getting back into it after the new year and your results are amazing!! Keep it up!
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Weigh in:
    Username:ssssanaaaa
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's Weight:196
    Current Weight:194.4

Feeling good about the overall loss but could have done better. (I was 193.something earlier last week so the weekend kind of ruined me lol) But I am so determined to get to 190 so I'm going to go hard this week to get there. Getting that water bottle today too btw so will get enough water in finally! I'm excited for this week!
  • AB0215
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Weigh in:
    Username:ssssanaaaa
    Weigh in week: 3
    Previous Week's Weight:196
    Current Weight:194.4

Feeling good about the overall loss but could have done better. (I was 193.something earlier last week so the weekend kind of ruined me lol) But I am so determined to get to 190 so I'm going to go hard this week to get there. Getting that water bottle today too btw so will get enough water in finally! I'm excited for this week!

You're doing great!! Keep it up!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @Fyreside Lots going on here. It's a little difficult to tell from looking at your graph, but it appears as though you were continuing to trend downwards until the end of December/beginning of January? Is that correct? If so, then you haven't been at a plateau for as long as it might seem. Keep in mind that as you lose more weight, it is going to come off at a slower pace. You may need to wait it out a little longer. You said you've changed around your nutrition? How about your activity? I have found that sometimes changing up exercise/activity helps get through a plateau. And then there's the obvious question to ask.....are you weighing/measuring/logging every single thing? And eating 1000 calories is not enough. It's just not.

Things are tough here - IT band/knee still bothers me, cold and snow, and now I'm sick. Just trying to fight through as best I can. I managed to get out for a short run today and went to the gym to lift. My run sucked, and all my weights were down at the gym, but at least it's done. I haven't wanted to eat anything but bread and soup for the last three days. I'm just going with that. It's not doing much for my energy levels though. And now word is more snow on Wednesday! On the positive side....I start PT on Friday.
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under...just barely though!!
    Exercise not today...just work
    Water about 50oz
    Water hasn't been delivered to work yet so we are out! Drinking from the fountain with the kids did not interest me!!!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Monday
    Pw 225.6
    Cw 229.2
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no

It was a very bad week. Something has to change. I can’t keep going like this. Have to fork up the money and join a gym and get a personal trainer. I need someone to keep me in line. Have a friend at work willing to go to the gym with me. I hate going alone
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post monday
    Track. Yes
    Calories under (too under)
    Exercise step aerobics 1 hr
    Water 60 ounces
  • AB0215
    Options
    This Week's Question of the Week is:

What's your favorite healthy snack?
  • AB0215
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Weigh in day Monday
    Pw 225.6
    Cw 229.2
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no

It was a very bad week. Something has to change. I can’t keep going like this. Have to fork up the money and join a gym and get a personal trainer. I need someone to keep me in line. Have a friend at work willing to go to the gym with me. I hate going alone

I do love having a personal trainer, she encourages me and I only see her once a week and the rest of the time I work on a program that she created for me so it's a bit cost saving too. Personally I prefer going to the gym alone but having a buddy can help with motivation and accountability so more power to you..find what works for you!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Day: Tried to eat under calories, but failed, turned out to be really hungry today. Need to do better tomorrow! I did make it to the gym though, so that helps!
    Track: Yes--kinda
    Calories: Nope.
    Exercise: Yes--elliptical 20 mins
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Today’s Weight 155.
    Last week, 157.5
    Starting 165
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    Exercise no
  • GloriaE2016
    GloriaE2016 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Previous Weight: 163
    Current Weight: 163

:/
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    This Week's Question of the Week is:

What's your favorite healthy snack?

My favorite healthy snack is actually kind of high carb but I'm on Keto, lol. It's cottage cheese with bananas and walnuts. Omg, yum. I actually still eat it from time to time, I just do a very small portion. BUT...I think I will maybe try eating it before I hit the gym and see how that goes. I'd rather eat this snack than ice cream any day! When you give up most junk foods you realize ( I realize) how amazing real food tastes.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Thank you for the support! I'm so happy you are doing Keto too. I've always supported people in whatever (healthy) method they chose to lose weight, it's just really nice to have someone who understands me. :)
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Monday
    Pw 190.9
    Cw 194.0
    Track yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes

I knew that initial big loss wasn’t real!
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Daily Post:(Monday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes... Turns out I like to dance while I cook.. Headphones on with some firm beats and I just grooved away for half the day. 1500cal burned according to the garmin.

@ka97 I am expecting a slow down.. but not at 120kg if I'm honest lol. I was kinda expecting that once I got nearer to onederland. My measuring is done with pedantic, near scientific precision lol. (except the water) So I'm really confident that the logged nutrition is... well.. as close to accurate as I can make it. I tend to view nutritional info on packets as a guide rather than a rule. The exercise has fallen off a bit, and I'm going to blame a brutally hot summer. It's probably not just that, but that's what I'm blaming. I have made the conscious decision to no longer work out in the gym, just because I find it mind numbingly boring. I even set up a TV in there.. But it turns out I'd rather do almost anything than watch tv while walking on the spot lmao. Since I live in a rural location, fortunately there is always something to burn calories on. So I'm definitely getting as much exercise as the weather permits. You're right.. 1000 cal is silly and I won't do it again.. I was getting a bit desperate to see some change.

Sorry to hear you're in the wars there. Hope you feel better soon. Send some snow my way pls.

@AB0215 Your advice is always great. Thanks. :) Never fear, though I may whinge and complain from time to time, I'm in no mood for quitting. For whatever reason I feel doggedly committed to seeing this through and enjoying the results for years to come.

Great to see so many of you losing weight. Keep up the good work.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

So these last couple of days have been a trial it started our Good on Sunday hung out with my cousin for my birthday outing FINALLY 2 weeks after the fact but that's what happens in my sworld. Anyway had fun at the spa until I realize I left my money home but thank God for cousins, she had my back and I just sent her money via paypal. But on the way home the ride was a terror so even through I got home early I was in bed all night so no homework done. Then yesterday finally saw my Pain Management dr, which I had to postpone last week due to lack of snow removal) and receive my overdue trigger point injections (5) which really helps in conjuction with my medication so this morning I am feeling a lot better. So I am up early to go to AQUATHERAPY! YAY! And guess what?? It's supposed to snow today too well I have three doctors appointment today so hopefully I'll make them all before the snow starts.

Still tracking
    Still staying under my daily goal of calories
    Only walking a little and AQUATHERAPY for my exercise
    Still drinking about 117oz of warer daily
This discussion has been closed.