TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Options
craigo3154
craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Craig @craigo3154.

Replies

• elisabel
    elisabel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi friends,
    I'm excited to be here. I missed the deadline to sign up for January but I used my time to adjust and get myself going. My goals include to stay focused and motivated. I would like to lose another 6-8 pounds this month. I'm looking forward to February, go team Slimsons!!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Happy to be in the Feb challenge!! Goal is to get to the 160s by the end of Feb. I don't care if it's 165 or 169.9. haha
    January was a "rough patch" in my weight loss journey, but I'm past it now, and ready to get this excess weight off of me!
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Calli and started this challenge in January (which was maybe not my best idea as the start of the year is always a crazy time at work), but didn't bring the focus I had planned on. This month my goal is to be much more consistent about checking in. I've done well in increasing my exercise minutes, but have to buckle down and be better about tracking food and calories. Looking forward to this! Let's go Slimsons!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to February!!

My name is Ashley @AB0215 I will be your captain for this month. Gloria @gjaholy33 will be your Co-Captain.

Here's a little about me:
    I am 31, and I have been overweight basically my entire life and in the last 18 months or so, I decided to change that, I decide that my 30s really will be the best years yet!! I am currently down over 50 lbs and still going, however I don't actually have a goal weight as I weight train and I realize that my weight will likely be more than one of those ridiculous BMI charts, but I do have a fat % goal, so I will know my goal weight when I get there, but it's not really possible for me to know what it is along the way, I just know that I'd like to continue my downward trend!!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them..and with that in mind, my goal this month is to lose 5 pounds, and increase my weight training by 20 lbs each lift (squats, deadlifts, bench press).

We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. (If your take is "this is not what I signed up for", that is up to you). I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories on MFP.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle".

A side note as there was a bit of confusion for new members last month, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post
    (Tell us a brief description about your day or goals)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Water Intake: how many ounces? (optional--but good to help keep track)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions, they may come from me or from Gloria (@gjaholy33).

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't wan to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: February Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

This is my second month leading the team and I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!! Feel free to friend me, I have an open diary and I follow a Ketogenic diet for any that may be interested in that and to see what I eat in a day.

Welcome to February and let's make things happen this month together!!

Your Captain,
    Ashley (@AB0215)
  • jellybuby
    jellybuby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Morning guys! I'm Delly from London, new to this challenge. I turnt vegan in January and now would like to start shifting the winter weight and get a head start on my summer body. I want to loose 8lbs this month. Currently 216. Looking to make some new friends on this challenge so feel free to add me and help me stay accountable.
    Best of luck to you all!
  • Flossie1981
    Flossie1981 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Leanne. I'm 36. I have been using MFP since the beginning of January and droped 12lbs. I have 140lbs to lose. My goals for February are to lose 8lbs and to go to the gym 3 times a week. I lost 7 stone using Lighterlife about 9 years ago but have since gained that and a bit more! I have tried dieting for most of my adult life so am going for a lifestyle change instead and small goals. So far so good.....!
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Welcome newcomers. I’m Jenn from Toronto area Canada. Been on this team since December. It truly helps with your goals. I’m Currently on Matt leave with baby #3. My long term goal is to be 150lbs by the time I go back to work in June. Short term is 8-10lbs per month. I belong to GoodLife fitness and try to go 5 times a week. Their classes have changed my life. Feel free to add me. Here’s to a great month.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Team Slimsons. I'm Lisa from California but been living in Germany the past 9 years. I almost met my goal weight in 2016 on MFP but had to stop running when I developed hip problems. I did continue to work out, but without my running (I was obsessed) I just lost all my motivation to care about what I ate so I steadily gained so much of it back. Now I'm back on the right track, 55 lbs down from my starting MFP weight, about 20 lbs till goal. I joined the team last month but did not do the daily challenge. This month I will do my best to participate.

My goal this month is to lose 6 lbs (roghly from 163-157). In January's challenge I went from 170.6-162.6 for a loss of 8 lbs. Super happy about that!

I do a class called Body Pump so I'm listing my starting weights this month and my only goal is to have an increase in weights by the end of the month. Weights are per side of the bar.

Warmup 2kg
    Legs 3kg
    Bench 3kg
    Back 3.5kg
    Biceps 2kg
    Triceps 2kg
    Shoulders 1kg (dislocated my shoulder a couple months ago)
    Lunges 1kg

Daily Post

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, Under
    Exercise: Yes 20 minute walk
    Water Intake: over 100 oz
  • jennfalzon1979
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Hi Team Slimsons. I'm Lisa from California but been living in Germany the past 9 years. I almost met my goal weight in 2016 on MFP but had to stop running when I developed hip problems. I did continue to work out, but without my running (I was obsessed) I just lost all my motivation to care about what I ate so I steadily gained so much of it back. Now I'm back on the right track, 55 lbs down from my starting MFP weight, about 20 lbs till goal. I joined the team last month but did not do the daily challenge. This month I will do my best to participate.

My goal this month is to lose 6 lbs (roghly from 163-157). In January's challenge I went from 170.6-162.6 for a loss of 8 lbs. Super happy about that!

I do a class called Body Pump so I'm listing my starting weights this month and my only goal is to have an increase in weights by the end of the month. Weights are per side of the bar.

Warmup 2kg
    Legs 3kg
    Bench 3kg
    Back 3.5kg
    Biceps 2kg
    Triceps 2kg
    Shoulders 1kg (dislocated my shoulder a couple months ago)
    Lunges 1kg

Daily Post

Exercise: Yes 20 minute walk
    Water Intake: over 100 oz

Body pump through GoodLife? My most favourite class!
  • jennfalzon1979
    Options
    Daily post
    Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. No.
  • sarahann104
    sarahann104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm sorry I am struggling to keep up in the team threads this last couple of weeks. Have I missed a weigh in?
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm sorry I am struggling to keep up in the team threads this last couple of weeks. Have I missed a weigh in?

Not yet, the Feb challenge officially starts on Sunday so your next weigh in would be Monday the 5th.
  • Frogprincess85
    Frogprincess85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have now written two Intro posts and accidentally earases both so short Intro lol. My name is Donna. I'm 32 with two young children. I teach first grade full time. I weigh 165lbs and have a five month goal. But the end of school, is like to be in the 140's and loose a full pant size! I'm looking forward to being accountable to you all. I've never seriously tried to loose weight, just flirted with the idea, hoping it would happen quickly and easily but I realized that it's going to be a journey.
  • byrd107
    byrd107 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello team. I'm Tiaura. First time doing this challenge.
    I'll be logging my calories for the day shortly. I think I'm within my goal.
    Water intake goal is 3L. I've only got half way so far.
    My Fitbit died and I left my charger at home.
    Tomorrow will be better
  • 143tobe
    Options

Body pump through GoodLife? My most favourite class!

It's actually inspired by these classes. Here in Germany it actually has a different name, "Hot Iron" but its the same concept. LOVE IT!! My favorite too! 6 months ago I was really killing it then I stopped going to the gym after a vacation I had, and now I'm a total weakling, but I'll get there again!!

• 143tobe
    Options
    Daily Post

Exercise: Yes 60 minute Step aerobics +6000 steps
    Water Intake:Over 80 oz
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hey guys--quick heads up as there seems to be a bit of confusion...The Biggest Loser challenges run Sunday to Saturday and in that spirit, we are still in January so February's challenge will officially begin Sunday, but please feel free to chat and get into the swing of things!!
This discussion has been closed.