TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Options

Replies

• Bambinam
    Bambinam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kamer and my goal is to lose and keep it off. I eat very healthy and clean but my weeknes is sugar, especially chocolate. I am a mother of two and since they were little I used to eat chocolate in the middle of the night to keep me up every time they would woke up. I still do it few times a week.
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 10500 steps
    Water 65 oz
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no

Question of the week
    Don’t really have a healthy snack . But I need one. Even though I’m under my calories I could do better if the stuff I eat wasn’t so bad. Bread is my weaknesses
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Wow, you've had a pretty tough day!! Keep your head up, stay focused despite the tough time you're having, you ARE strong and you can do this!! Feel better and remember, it's only temporary.

@JJKM02 TOM is always a challenge, but I believe you are stronger than the challenges it brings and you can rise above!! Drink lots of water, eat lots of protein, and take one day at a time, it's only temporary!

@Bambinam Hi and Welcome!! Sugar was a tough one for me so I switched to a diet that forces me to stay clear of it. Once I was free of my sugar addiction, eating better was much MUCH easier! I imagine that it is a challenge for you with those little ones running around though, but you CAN do this and you ARE worth it!! Just take one day at a time, one decision at a time and eventually you will look back and be so proud of yourself!

@IanMoone30 You can cheat and steal someone else's healthy snack idea as they come rolling in, it's one of the reasons I chose that question because it can help others with new suggestions. This might sound crazy but I'm partial to dill pickle spears and string cheese. The pickle spears help me with my electrolytes and the string cheese I eat super slow so I feel like it's a bigger snack. I cut bread out of my diet entirely because I learned I am an all or nothing type, I can't do moderation. One little taste for me and it's all over. That approach is definitely not for everyone, most people aren't me and can do a little bit here and there, so you might want to try making a schedule and sticking to a limit? I believe you can find a way to overcome the temptation and reach your goals!!
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under! Yay!
    Exercise: Yes. Dance practice.
    Water Intake: 64 ounces

Okay I'm on track today so if I just stay on track tomorrow and Thursday I should reach my goal of 190 by Friday fingers crossed!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Day/Goals: 50 minutes weight training, arm day :) stay under calories.
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes--50 mins weights
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Wonder day was in point very proud of me even if I still cannot workout :/:/

Calories under
    Track yes
    Exercise no
    Water 112oz
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track. Yes
    Calories. No
    Exercise. No
  • mexiconona
    Options
    Track. Yes
    Calories no
    Exercise. No
  • crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Boss visit today went WAY better than expected. I had a light b-fast and planned a light dinner so I saved most of my calories for lunch. Turns out that boss man was watching his weight too and we had a healthy lunch. Had to make up the missing calories at dinner and still came in under.
    Calories: Yes and under
    Exercise: Yes, 1 hr walk in am
    Water Intake: 64oz ish
  • mexiconona
    Options
    Monday, the 5 th I weighed 157.8
  • crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 315
    Todays Weight: 314
  • AB0215
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Great day, even if you weren't able to exercise!!

@mexiconona Great day and great weigh in!!

@crazedknight Great day and a great start to Feb, great job!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    wmwylkznhxwi.jpg
    GOOD MORNING TEAM SLIMSONS!

WELCOME TO DAY 4 LET'S MAKE THE BEST OF IT DESPITE DISAPPOINTMENTS!

I was all set to go out as you can see, I was going to the spa today after my therapist appointment and lo and behold my Aid came in and said it's very slippery outside and it's snowing hard. So best laid plans were scrapped as due to my disability I can't travel in these kind of conditions especially since I'm going down south next week and I'm not going to have a slip and fall keep me stuck home as I have to get out of New York City for awhile.

I hope all you have a wonderful day and remember to set some short-term goals for today that you aim to meet!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @mjohemme

I would also like to start by saying that I am not for nor against surgery as an option. I wasn't sure if I should reply to you because I don't want to seem like I'm trying to scare you from considering this option. I'm not. But you asked if we know anybody who has tried this. I do, my brother in law's mother had one of these surgeries done. I think she was about 55?
    Although it might be a rare occurence, she did in fact die due to complications. He was and still is heartbroken. I am so sorry, I really don't want to scare you, but the reality is that death really can and sometimes does occur. I suppose this can be said of any operation though.

I agree with @AB0125 when she said, "Personally, I'm of the belief that if it's that important to you, you will find a way to achieve success. I went another route, I decided that before I even went down the path to think about surgery as an option, I'd explore all my "diet" options. This led me down the path to Keto and I haven't looked back. I'm down 50 lbs, I feel better, have more energy than ever and I EAT! And for a girl who loves food like I do, this is important ;)"

First, I support everyone in whichever diet and workout path they chose. (short of starvation of course) I have tried many, and loved many different ways of eating. Most recently, I decided to give Keto a try because I had two (real life) friends who had tried it and were able to finally lose weight, and even better, finally feel in control of themselves. So just over 3 months ago, I started Keto. It is a learning process, this diet, but I read all I could and started as simply as possible. Lots of mono eating the first month. Now I have added baking and some recipes. I am down 30 lbs in just over 3 months. Most of that was without exercise. I also did CICO (calories in, calories out) but honestly, it has never been easier to follow a diet in my life. It's actually pleasurable because I'm able to eat so many yummy things that I love like eggs and cheese and avacado and not feel guilty or worry about it. I actually don't eat much meat at all so I didn't think this diet would work well with me but to my surprise it really does because I love things like nuts and huge salads with all the heathy fats I can eat. Now...I am NOT saying that keto will be the answer for you, only you know the journey you've been on and the things you've tried. I know first hand how difficult it is to find something that finally works for you, that allows you to get in control. My own diet journey started about 3 years ago when I was an all time high of 218 lbs. I started small. I started by doing 30 minute "easy" workouts 5 days a week (although for me at the time "easy" meant, OMG, it was more about the daily habit I was trying to establish and slowely my workouts got better and better). Walking workouts on dvd or online are great btw. My only other rule was to go to bed by 10pm every night. I had read an article about how important sleep was for regulating weight, and I found it really helped me get on track. I hope some or any of this helps. Good luck!! I'm here if you need me for anything!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Wednesday

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: the usual playing with the toddler. And hitting the stairs at work!
    Water: 116 oz.

Another busy day at work.... It actually kept me for "over-snacking", so that was good!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    mjohemme wrote: »
    Username: mjohemme

My "off" weekend undid my efforts for the week. Also, my first appointment to explore the bariatric surgery option is tomorrow. Has anyone here considered it or know someone who did it? Thoughts? Regrets?

So I'm not sure I'm the right person to comment on this, since I have absolutely no personal knowledge or experience on the matter. But if you want my 2 cents worth....

-It's a complicated matter. There are certainly pros and cons, and potential risks either way. Whatever your decision, be sure to thoroughly do your research, carefully consider the pros and cons, discuss them with your doctor and your family, and make the decision that is right for you.

-I have lost over 60lbs, and have kept most if it off for well over 5 years. The most important thing I can say is that keeping it off is an entire lifestyle change. At some point you have to carefully consider what changes you are willing to make for the long term.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Crazy work week here!!! Catching up....

Daily Post:
    Monday:
    Track - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - not really, just PT exercises and foam rolling
    Water - yes

Tuesday:
    Track - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - 1hr spin class
    Water - yes

Wednesday: still TBD.....
    Home due to an unfortunate "snow day". Ran 3.5 miles this morning because pool was full. I see shoveling in my future as well.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Right with you @ka97 - crazy work and some unfortunately exciting family stuff. I'm catching up for Monday too!

Daily Post - Monday
    Track - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Water - 80oz

Daily Post - Tuesday
    Track - no
    Calories - no
    Exercise - yes - the bare minimum
    Water - 64oz

Answer to weekly question: really just a juicy, very crisp apple is my favorite healthy snack.

@143tobe - Do you have an open food diary? I don't know if I'm doing a keto diet or not- I haven't read up on it, but I had a trainer that had me focus on getting a minimum of protein grams (high) and staying within a maximum of carb grams (low) each day. For me, getting that higher protein intake means I'm not as hungry and am better able to resist binges, which is great. However, I am not a huge meat lover either and often find it hard to get the protein without eating a lot of meat. I'm always looking for people that seem to have it down - and aren't totally carnivores - for ideas and ways of eating! Thanks for sharing your experiences!
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Guys. All this time I thought that the "Woo" button on here meant like "Woohoo" but apparently it doesn't. So don't take all those "woos" I gave you personally. Was trying to be positive lol smh
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I, too, thought it was for woohoo or woot! What is it, if it is not?
This discussion has been closed.