Replies

• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes, Two step classes, a Bodypump class, and a 30 minute blackroll class. Around 1200 calories burned. Wow...I guess Wednesdays will be my endurance days if I keep that up.
    Water Intake: over 100 ounces

For my own personal reference.
    Warmup 2.5kg
    Legs 3kg
    Bench 3kg
    Back 4kg
    Biceps 3kg
    Triceps 2.5kg
    Shoulders 1kg (dislocated my shoulder a couple months ago)
    Lunges 1kg
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »

@143tobe - Do you have an open food diary? I don't know if I'm doing a keto diet or not- I haven't read up on it, but I had a trainer that had me focus on getting a minimum of protein grams (high) and staying within a maximum of carb grams (low) each day. For me, getting that higher protein intake means I'm not as hungry and am better able to resist binges, which is great. However, I am not a huge meat lover either and often find it hard to get the protein without eating a lot of meat. I'm always looking for people that seem to have it down - and aren't totally carnivores - for ideas and ways of eating! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Yes, my diary is open. I am far from have everything down, I just do what works for me. Please send me a friend request! That goes for anyone on our team. :) I do usually eat two eggs a day. I am curious how this higher cholesterol diet will affect my blood levels, so I should probably have those checked soon. Previously, even when at a higher weight my cholesterol levels were always pretty ideal so I am actually really curious about that.

• 143tobe
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Guys. All this time I thought that the "Woo" button on here meant like "Woohoo" but apparently it doesn't. So don't take all those "woos" I gave you personally. Was trying to be positive lol smh

I hate the Woo's!! It should be, Woohoo! I did notice that some people in the challenges used the Woo's to be positive, so in these cases I never took offense. But in general they need to get rid of that Woo button. @mjohemme , I'm still trying to figure out what it DOES mean, lol.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Take care of yourself, that's the most important thing, if that means staying in and being a hermit--so be it :) Besides, the most important part of the weight loss plan is DIET, you can't undo a poor diet with exercise.

@tinak33 Taking the stairs at work is impressive, you go girl!!

@ka97 I completely agree, regardless of how you do it, losing weight and keeping it off is a lifestyle change. And congrats for your amazing transformation!! That's a great accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself!!

@Calli1616 I have an open food diary and I do Keto, and while I'm not solely a "meat head" I do eat meat, and lots of green veggies, salads, avocados, etc. I think it's extremely hard to eat low carb, focus on eating an appropriate amount of protein and not eat meat, it's just hard.
    I would say that if you're not intentionally doing keto, you're probably not as the point of keto is to eat low carb to the point of your body being in a constant state of ketosis (fat burning for fuel). Having said that, it is possible to be keto on accident with a low carb diet. Keto is low carb, "moderate" protein and "high" fat. I eat a higher amount of protein on my keto diet to support my muscle growth and I'm usually around the 30-35% mark and fat around the 60% mark depending on my carb intake.
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Guys. All this time I thought that the "Woo" button on here meant like "Woohoo" but apparently it doesn't. So don't take all those "woos" I gave you personally. Was trying to be positive lol smh

I thought it meant woohoo also. Whoops

Okay, I am feeling like a dummy, I also thought it meant whoohoo...whoops.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

I thought this too!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Wednesday
    Exercise - 3.5 mile run and 1 hour shoveling
    Track - yes
    Calories - yes
    Water - 48oz and counting
  • AB0215
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

Okay, I am feeling like a dummy, I also thought it meant whoohoo...whoops.

We could just make a determination that within this group it means woohoo?

I really feel like there should be one, I mean "like" sometimes just doesn't cover it.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options

Me too
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Bambinam wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Kamer and my goal is to lose and keep it off. I eat very healthy and clean but my weeknes is sugar, especially chocolate. I am a mother of two and since they were little I used to eat chocolate in the middle of the night to keep me up every time they would woke up. I still do it few times a week.
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 10500 steps
    Water 65 oz

Welcome Kamer you're off to a great start!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    Right with you @ka97 - crazy work and some unfortunately exciting family stuff. I'm catching up for Monday too!

Daily Post - Monday
    Track - yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Water - 80oz

Daily Post - Tuesday
    Track - no
    Calories - no
    Exercise - yes - the bare minimum
    Water - 64oz

Answer to weekly question: really just a juicy, very crisp apple is my favorite healthy snack.

@143tobe - Do you have an open food diary? I don't know if I'm doing a keto diet or not- I haven't read up on it, but I had a trainer that had me focus on getting a minimum of protein grams (high) and staying within a maximum of carb grams (low) each day. For me, getting that higher protein intake means I'm not as hungry and am better able to resist binges, which is great. However, I am not a huge meat lover either and often find it hard to get the protein without eating a lot of meat. I'm always looking for people that seem to have it down - and aren't totally carnivores - for ideas and ways of eating! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Love your water intake keep it up
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Daily Post for Wednesday

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: the usual playing with the toddler. And hitting the stairs at work!
    Water: 116 oz.

Another busy day at work.... It actually kept me for "over-snacking", so that was good!

Stairs again YOU GO! LOVE YOUR WATER INTAKE WOOHOO
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 315
    Todays Weight: 314

Yay!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post
    Hey everyone so good to just to check in for day 4 it was awesome even though I had to stay inside I still kept to my meals and I even had my Aid go to the store and buy me some baby carrots and peanut butter so I can have something to snack on when I have those urges so I can say I'm ending this on a positive note.

Calories under
    Track yes
    Exercise no ( but I've been reading up on yoga for overweight people and I think that that's going to be my routine in the future since I am having problems with my knees and my back. So I purchase a book today and I've been reading all about it, yes even when it comes to exercising and changing your regimen you have to do your research)
    Warer 120oz
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wednesday post
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise unfortunately not. The pool needed to close to fix a leak!!
    Water about 85 oz
    My favorite healthy snack is partially thawed strawberries with a little whipped cream. (Or no whipped cream!!)
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday

Track. Yes
    Calories. Way under
    Exercise. 1 hour body combat (like kick boxing) 45 minutes aquafit and half an hour shovelling stupid snow.
    Water. 90 ounces.

• AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Day/Goals: A little R&R, okay at least a little rest from my training, back at it tomorrow and Fri with another rest day Sat.
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Nope, rest!!
    Water Intake: idk 66 oz?
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    mjohemme wrote: »
    I, too, thought it was for woohoo or woot! What is it, if it is not?

Apparently it's like a "dislike button" without actually being a dislike button ? I had no idea but I saw it in the MFP technicality thread
  • crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Wifey b-day done. What a day that we will both remember for a very long time.
    Calories: Yes. I wasn’t under but not much over which was no problem because I had a lot banked from yesterday.
    Exercise: Nope, all about my bride today.
    Water Intake: didn’t track.
This discussion has been closed.