Track: No
    Calories: No
    Exercise:no
    Water intake: close.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Hello team Slimsons,

My name is Gloria @gjaholy33 I will be your co-captain for this month.

I will be helping Ashley (AB0215) your Captain of The Slimsons with motivating everyone and in charge of THE  (OPTIONAL)MINI CHALLENGE

We are also running an optional mini-challenge within the Slimsons team again this month.

First an introduction:

I am currently not doing so well on my weightloss journey but I am hoping and praying a change real soon. I have been disable due to a work injury and need to lose weight in order to get better as I am severely obese. Just to encourage those who are struggling with staying on track I have been trying to get healthy since 2010 and it's a constant struggle but I've learn to set short attainable goals in order to succeed. There are a lot of days which the pain is unbearable but since I am determine to lose 200lbs I know I have to Stay positive and look forward and not back at what I did yesterday.

So if you take anything from me as your Co-captain this month please REMEMBER YOU MAY ALWAYS START OVER AT THE NEXT MEAL! LET'S STAY POSITIVE!

As already mention by Ashley here's a little About the challenge.

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. (If you take the attitude that "this is not what I signed up for", that is up to you).

The challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 6 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has
    calories on MFP.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity a day
    (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening,
    housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it
    gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over
    calories, could not track, not enough
    exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories
    yes/no, exercise yes/no).
    #6 Track your water (64oz is what I'd like to see everything work up to as it equals 8 glasses)

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognised in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle".

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget (MFP helps with this).
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work.

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

My commitment to this group is to post my daily results for this accountability tracking (and help out where I can).

As I mention some days are rough than others so PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME OUT IF I DON'T POST!

So Welcome To February SLIMSONS. Let's START OUT STRONG & make the best of this month!

Each Post should look like this:
    Daily Post
    (Tell us a brief description about your day or goals)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Water Intake: how many ounces?
    (adding something new this month because hydration is important)

Your Co-captain,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, Under
    Exercise: Yes 20 minutes walking, 40 minutes total body workout
    Water Intake:Over 80 oz

I realize the challenge does not start until Sunday but I'm trying to establish the habit of daily check ins for this new month's challenge. :)
  • crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Howdy fellow teammates! I’m looking forward to taking this journey with you all.

Daily Post
    My goals today were pretty simple. Track my meals, stay under cal goal, and get my exercise in today. Got em all
    Calories: Yes and under
    Exercise: Yes went out biking with my bride today for an hour
    Water Intake: I haven’t tracked my water yet but I will start tomorrow. I’m very sure it was over 64oz
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Hi I’m Missy from the New England area of the US. I live with my fiancé and our dogs. We are planning on getting married in August and I enjoy going to the gym, rock climbing, Zumba and kickboxing. I’m trying to get into great shape to be strong and healthy. I work full time with some OT thrown in there that leads to a busy schedule. Looking forward to the warmer weather to start getting back into running.

Welcome Missy good to have you again with the team still on the journey of getting healthier
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »

I realize the challenge does not start until Sunday but I'm trying to establish the habit of daily check ins for this new month's challenge. :)

Never too early to start making healthy habits :)
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Howdy fellow teammates! I’m looking forward to taking this journey with you all.

Daily Post
    My goals today were pretty simple. Track my meals, stay under cal goal, and get my exercise in today. Got em all
    Calories: Yes and under
    Exercise: Yes went out biking with my bride today for an hour
    Water Intake: I haven’t tracked my water yet but I will start tomorrow. I’m very sure it was over 64oz

Welcome Welcome you're off to an excellent start glad to have you on Team Slimsins
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »

Welcome good to have you again on Team Slimsins and excellent water intake
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Hello Team! I'm Sana and I'm a college student. I was able to lose 5 pounds in the January challenge whereas prior I wasn't able to have a continuously progressive loss like I did last month. I love the reflective as well as accountability and supportive aspect of this challenge! I learned a lot through the January challenge about myself and I'm excited to start February. My new goals for this month are to get to 185 pounds (currently 193 as of this morning), drink at least 64 ounces of water a day, and work out at least half of the days of the month so at least 14 workouts (last time I set a goal for working out every single day and that was unattainable considering a busy school schedule and the fact that I didn't do anything near working out every single day beforehand so I've learned to make more sustainable changes little by little in life). Lastly, I want to improve how I eat on the weekends because I tend to do really well on weekdays but then falter a little on the weekends so I'm going to watch for that more.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Welcome Sana welcome to Team Slimsons again glad to see you're still on the journey of getting healthier
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm Bryce, part time outback recluse from Australia. I've been with the team since Oct. and I am 39lb into my journey from 300lb to Onederland. Welcome to the team all the new folks, and welcome back to the returning players. Lets have a great Febuary.

Hey Bryce welcome welcome to Team Slimsons good to see you joining us for another month of getting healthy.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Let's kick off February strong!!

Every good choice we make gets us one step closer to our goals. Today is a good day to head the the gym, meal prep for the week and think about how you're going to take action/steps to get to your goals.

We got this!! Happy Sunday and Welcome to February!!

u7opfei937z4.jpg
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    byrd107 wrote: »
    Hello team. I'm Tiaura. First time doing this challenge.
    I'll be logging my calories for the day shortly. I think I'm within my goal.
    Water intake goal is 3L. I've only got half way so far.
    My Fitbit died and I left my charger at home.
    Tomorrow will be better

Welcome Tiaura for your first montj witj Team Slimsons you're going to love being here and receiving all the motivation and encouragement you need during your journey to be healthy
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    I have now written two Intro posts and accidentally earases both so short Intro lol. My name is Donna. I'm 32 with two young children. I teach first grade full time. I weigh 165lbs and have a five month goal. But the end of school, is like to be in the 140's and loose a full pant size! I'm looking forward to being accountable to you all. I've never seriously tried to loose weight, just flirted with the idea, hoping it would happen quickly and easily but I realized that it's going to be a journey.

Welcome Donna to Yeam Slimsons you're going to have an awesome time this month on the journey to be a healthier you
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Welcome newcomers. I’m Jenn from Toronto area Canada. Been on this team since December. It truly helps with your goals. I’m Currently on Matt leave with baby #3. My long term goal is to be 150lbs by the time I go back to work in June. Short term is 8-10lbs per month. I belong to GoodLife fitness and try to go 5 times a week. Their classes have changed my life. Feel free to add me. Here’s to a great month.

Welcome Jenn to another month on Team Slimsons on your continued journey to a healthier you
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Leanne. I'm 36. I have been using MFP since the beginning of January and droped 12lbs. I have 140lbs to lose. My goals for February are to lose 8lbs and to go to the gym 3 times a week. I lost 7 stone using Lighterlife about 9 years ago but have since gained that and a bit more! I have tried dieting for most of my adult life so am going for a lifestyle change instead and small goals. So far so good.....!

Welcome Leanne to Team Slimsons looking forward to reading your posts and having you on our team as you journey to a healthier you
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day. Saturday
    CW 459lbs

My short term goal is to lose 60lbs. As of today I am only focusing on one day at a time as tomorrow is not promise so. . . Here's to making good healthy choices today.
  • gjaholy33
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Today starts the beginning of the OPTIONAL MINI CHALLENGE

Let's START OUT STRONG & make the best of this month!

Each Post should look like this:
    Daily Post
    (Tell us a brief description about your day or goals)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Water Intake: how many ounces?
    (I added this as hydration is important)

Winning Circle will be posted on Mondays
    1st place 6 out of 7 posts
    2nd place 5 out 7 posts
    3rd place 4 out of 7 posts

There will also be a KUDOS section for those who are struggling but still post or have reach a milestone.

Also be on the lookout for Ashely's (AB0215) Question of the Week

Your Co-captain,
    Glorious Gloria
  • danzibob2016
    danzibob2016 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username: Danzibob2016
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 178
    Current Weight: 176.6

December and January have been awfully busy and stressfil...resulting in me giving in to temptation, over indulging and more than falling off the wagon. I have three weddings coming up...so three dresses to fit into! Feeling determined to get focused. Step 1: Track food every day and plan my meals again. Impact exercise needs to wait until physio has signed me off - I still cannot squat, lunge, cycle or run...but getting closer day by day! Wish me luck!

• 143tobe
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Exercise: Yes cleaning for an hour. I was supposed to go to the gym this morning but I had to cancel due to a chest cold developing and fresh snow on the ground. I usually force myself to work out even when sick, but thought the extra cold out could be a deadly combo. I'm glad I stayed in. Feeling better after a long day of lounging and some house cleaning just to get me moving a little bit.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    @gjaholy33 you're doing such a great job as co-captian! What an awesome cheerleader you are!
This discussion has been closed.