TEAM: The Slimsons (February)

Options

Replies

• jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s are my chill day. Looking forward to getting back in the weight loss game after a brutal chest infection.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    @gjaholy33 you're doing such a great job as co-captian! What an awesome cheerleader you are!

Thamk you
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much to catch up on!

Daily Post
    I think I'm finally recovered from the stomach bug, though I still haven't eaten much. I went to the gym to lift today, and it wasn't horrible, all things considered. I'm still tired, and definitely weak, but hopefully that improves in a couple more days.

Track: No, but there hasn't been a whole lot to track
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: 1 hour lifting
    Water Intake: approx 36 oz (hard to track at the gym)

Hi, I'm Kim, coming off the "cheer squad" in the hopes that it will help me stay more accountable. My Feb goal is to lose 2lbs, so I don't have a lot of room for error, or flexibility. I'm also dealing with an injury and currently going to PT. My preferred form of exercise is running, which I'm not supposed to do right now, so I'm trying to hold it together as best I can with other things. I also enjoy lifting, and anxiously awaiting the opening of the outdoor ropes course in April.
    By profession I'm a special education teacher. This is my most busy time of year - from now until the end of March I'm going to be crazy busy and stressed. Lots to deal with right now!

• gjaholy33
    Options
    Username: Danzibob2016
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 178
    Current Weight: 176.6

December and January have been awfully busy and stressfil...resulting in me giving in to temptation, over indulging and more than falling off the wagon. I have three weddings coming up...so three dresses to fit into! Feeling determined to get focused. Step 1: Track food every day and plan my meals again. Impact exercise needs to wait until physio has signed me off - I still cannot squat, lunge, cycle or run...but getting closer day by day! Wish me luck!

Welcome back to Team Slimsons YOU GOR THIS EVEN WITH LIMITATION
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, Under
    Exercise: Yes cleaning for an hour. I was supposed to go to the gym this morning but I had to cancel due to a chest cold developing and fresh snow on the ground. I usually force myself to work out even when sick, but thought the extra cold out could be a deadly combo. I'm glad I stayed in. Feeling better after a long day of lounging and some house cleaning just to get me moving a little bit.
    Water Intake:Over 80 oz

Glad you're feeling better and excellent water intake
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Wow, so much to catch up on!

Daily Post
    I think I'm finally recovered from the stomach bug, though I still haven't eaten much. I went to the gym to lift today, and it wasn't horrible, all things considered. I'm still tired, and definitely weak, but hopefully that improves in a couple more days.

Track: No, but there hasn't been a whole lot to track
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: 1 hour lifting
    Water Intake: approx 36 oz (hard to track at the gym)

Hi, I'm Kim, coming off the "cheer squad" in the hopes that it will help me stay more accountable. My Feb goal is to lose 2lbs, so I don't have a lot of room for error, or flexibility. I'm also dealing with an injury and currently going to PT. My preferred form of exercise is running, which I'm not supposed to do right now, so I'm trying to hold it together as best I can with other things. I also enjoy lifting, and anxiously awaiting the opening of the outdoor ropes course in April.
    By profession I'm a special education teacher. This is my most busy time of year - from now until the end of March I'm going to be crazy busy and stressed. Lots to deal with right now!

Welcome back to another month with Team Slimsons, Kim! You're off to a great start despite your limitations
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 30 min walk jog and 1 hr weights and Stretches

Been busy or sick this last week. Only been to the gym 2 times. Really need to step it up. Goal for this month is 8-10 lbs. I’m close to my weekly goals. This is the year I make it happen.
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone!
    My name is Jodi and I was on Team Slimsons in January. I am married, with two teenage boys, and teach middle school. I started this competition in January and lost 16.2lbs. I still have lots to go, but am pleased with my progress thus far. My goal is to lose another 50lbs by the end of the school year which I think is attainable. I work out 4-5 times per week, do intermittent fasting, and am following a keto type diet. Looking forward to another great month!

Today's post
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no (I just came back from a hockey tournament with one of my sons and spent the day on team bus!)
    Water - about 60oz

Good luck to everyone!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Day/Goals: Today was leg day, 70 minutes weight training.
    Calories: No, intentionally no today. Today is a reset day for me. I haven't eaten off plan since October and I think my brain needed a reset so I ate something I haven't eaten since June of last year and I feel really good, back to the grind tomorrow! I also chose not to track it, I feel like a rebel lol.
    Exercise: Yes--70 mins weight training
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Rest day for me today so goal was to stay under my goals
    Calories: Yes and under
    Exercise: Nope
    Water Intake: 90 oz

Looking forward to another great week. I have some good bike rides planned, my boss is coming to town on Tuesday (always throws off my eating schedule), and my wife’s b-day is Wednesday (shouldn’t be to difficult, she eats healthy with me for inspiration). Overall, a few challenges next week. Very exciting!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post
    Today was okay day I didn't get off track too badly I had oatmeal and lean cuisine as meals but had a lot of cravings for fast food.

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 112oz
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post
    Today was okay day I didn't get off track too badly I had oatmeal and lean cuisine as meals but had a lot of cravings for fast food.

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 112oz

Great job not giving in!
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Calories: Under
    Exercise: No
    Water Intake: 64 oz
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Daily post (and somehow I already lost a day - sigh)

Exercise - yes!
    Track - yes
    Calories - yes
    Water - 80 oz
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Username: 143tobe
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 162.6
    Todays Weight: 160.4
  • sarahann104
    sarahann104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys:)
    I'm sorry I have bee a horrible team member lately. Things have been crazy and stress is high.
    Last week was a rollercoaster of terrible. But I am coming out the other side and hope to be more active again soon :)

Sarahann104
    Weigh day - Monday
    Current Weight - 190.69
  • jellybuby
    jellybuby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Username: jellybuby
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 216.0
    Todays Weight: 210.0
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day
    Username: jennfalzon1979
    Week 1
    Pw: 208.7
    CW: 201.6

Sadly this had nothing to do with diet and exercise. A nasty chest infection kept me down and out for most of the week. Today is a new day. Feeling much better and back to the gym.
  • DanishFeta
    DanishFeta Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sorry guys, late weighing in as I've been travelling with no access to internet.

Username: DanishFeta
    Weigh in week: Feb Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 219
    Todays Weight: 218.2

Feeling really tired, i think i'm just jet lagged though. Got a new fitbit charger and so far I haven't been very active. I've been in cars and planes for the last 26hours XD but hopefully over the next few days i can get my steps up to 6000, then 8000, hopefully i will reach 10000 by next week and will be sitting around that comfortably.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @danzibob2016 I think those times are hard for everyone, but you're strong and you can fight the temptation! I couldn't squat or do lower body exercises for a month (December) but now it's better than ever, so heal first, then push yourself when you've got the green light. In the meantime, you can do upper body? That's better than nothing!!

@ka97 Glad to have you "back" even though we never really lost you :p I know you'll do great, just keep working at it!!

@IanMoone30 You will get there, one day at a time, and if you have a bad day, it won't kill you, just keep going. And I swear just getting to the gym is half the battle for me, once I'm there, I tell myself I might as well do the workout!

@crazedknight You've got a big, fun week planned! Hope you take care of your wife for her bithday :p

@gjaholy33 Great job fighting the temptation, that's most of the battle, it's everywhere!! Just remember you're stronger than food!!

@ssssanaaaa Great job staying under your calorie goal!!

@Calli1616 You had a great day!! Keep up the great work!

@143tobe Great loss!! Keep up the great work!! You will be at goal in no time!!

@sarahann104 Great loss, keep up the great work! I hope this month is less crazy for you and you have an easier time keeping up with us--we're fun (I think :D )

@jellybuby Great start for the month!! Keep it up!

@jennfalzon1979 While that's not really the way you want to lose, it still helps a bit, but glad you're feeling better now!!

@DanishFeta Great loss, but I think that was for Jan Week 5, your Feb Week 1 will be this upcoming Sat :) I think that's a great plan to up your exercise, go get it!!
This discussion has been closed.