TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• sarahann104
    sarahann104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think I post my weight here this week??
    Sarahann104
    Weigh in Day - Monday
    Week?
    Prev Weight?
    Current weight - 191.5
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This daily post is for Sunday (sorry I went to bed super early!!!)
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no...except going to Costco!!
    Water only about 60oz

This is the last week....let's go, Team!!!
  • carolmonson
    carolmonson Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Weigh in:
    Username: carolmonson
    Weigh in week: 5
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Start weight :236 (107.1
    Previous Week's Weight: 234 (106.3)
    Current weight : 234 (106.3)

Whilst its stayed stable ill be thankful as have had so much going on. Bring on February and hopefully itll all slow down a bit
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day
    Jennfalzon1979
    Pw. 205.9
    Cw. 208.7

And there you have it. 3 days of *kitten* eating and I’m almost back to my starting January weight. I’m bummed. Not gonna lie. I also know that lack of water played a huge part. Can’t change the past. Can only look forward.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    I don’t even want to weigh myself tomorrow. Feeling defeated.

I know I say this a lot, but it's a lesson I have learned myself (the hard way--and recently I might add), Don't feel discouraged, you ARE changing, you ARE making progress, and weightloss isn't linear. If I posted my progression picture of my weightloss you'd see that it's a jagged up and down line but with an overall downward trend. (I am one of those nuts who weighs myself daily...mostly to prove a point to my husband who tried to convince me I was crazy and that he should always be losing weight...but that's just not how it happens) Another thing is, we're human and lead lives under less than perfect conditions (usually) and you won't always nail your goals--because stuff just happens but it's really what you do next that matters, do you get discouraged and eat a carton of ice cream or do you pick yourself up with your goal in sight and carry on? Please please don't give up on yourself, you are important and you CAN do this!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    I can't help but feel a little discouraged because I have the biggest "bat wings" ever. I am 40 years old and I have old lady bod!

Okay so after reading this, I felt a little old and out of the loop, in the past week I have had to look up "bat wings" and "mommy's apron" (on a side note, if you don't add weight loss to bat wings, google gives you a very interesting urban dictionary entry).

I lost over 40 lbs from June until December and I've been losing like a pound a month since then but I've been focusing on weight training, and my measurements reflect it so I feel pretty good about it, even though I'd really like to lose about another 15 lbs, but another thing to think about is, muscle needs more food than fat so when you have more muscle, it will use more calories, so it still helps with weight loss in the long run.

You will get where you want to be, just a little patience and some hard work, but I KNOW you're up for it and you WILL do it!!
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    I went over both days this weekend, but not horribly, so I'm okay with it. I got my exercise in, too, so that helps.

Saturday-Sunday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes, combo of zoo walking (the best kind), strength workouts and walking videos.
  • AB0215
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This is probably my favorite quote ever in the history of quotes and in the spirit of all of the posts of discouragement, I think it's a good time to share it. We are stronger than food, we can reach our goals, one good decision at a time, and yes, it's not easy with all the temptation around us, life can (and will) throw us challenges, we will have set backs, but ultimately, we can work through it and reach our goals, just one good decision at a time.

5jq5t9m31ff3.jpg
  • AB0215
    Options
    Week 4 Official Results:
    January Week 4

Great job to our top 3:
    1st - @mexiconona. - 0.97%
    2nd - @jennfalzon1979. - 0.72%
    3rd - @deanit. - 0.57%

February New Member Registrations:
    February New Member Registration
    This is a great time to invite friends if you have any that may want to join, and if they mention they'd like to join a friend's team ( like the Slimsons :p ), consideration is usually given if they mention it!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to join the February team....
    I really was slacking on everything in January. So for February (and starting this week) I will be doing my daily post, and really working on getting these excess lbs off of me!! Goal is to drop 9 lbs by the end of Feb.
  • jennfalzon1979
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I don’t even want to weigh myself tomorrow. Feeling defeated.

I know I say this a lot, but it's a lesson I have learned myself (the hard way--and recently I might add), Don't feel discouraged, you ARE changing, you ARE making progress, and weightloss isn't linear. If I posted my progression picture of my weightloss you'd see that it's a jagged up and down line but with an overall downward trend. (I am one of those nuts who weighs myself daily...mostly to prove a point to my husband who tried to convince me I was crazy and that he should always be losing weight...but that's just not how it happens) Another thing is, we're human and lead lives under less than perfect conditions (usually) and you won't always nail your goals--because stuff just happens but it's really what you do next that matters, do you get discouraged and eat a carton of ice cream or do you pick yourself up with your goal in sight and carry on? Please please don't give up on yourself, you are important and you CAN do this!!

Thanks for the encouragement. I’m getting sick as well which is contributing to my pity party. On a lighter note I see that autocorrect changed “*kitten*” eating into kitten eating. Like wth? I assure you....I don’t sit around eating kittens. Here’s hoping for a better week.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    So I am coming into the last three days of January I’m not a great place. Eating has been problematic, but I have increased my activity level significantly. I need to still weigh today - I rode my bike to work for the first time and was so excited about that I couldn’t wait to get out of the house!!
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Weigh in:
    Username:ssssanaaaa
    Previous Week's Weight:194.1
    Current Weight:193.0

Starting weight: 198.0

Comments:
    Okay, so again, not surprisingly, I spiked up again on my weigh in day because I had reached 191.9 through the weekdays! BUT I didn't realize that even though each week I spike up, I'm still spiking up less than the previous week which is awesome! I'll take it! I've learned that I'm pretty good at keeping up a healthy diet throughout the week and then I don't eat that well on the weekend so this is going to be something I'm going to be watching and improving on for next month. I went to my grandmother's house on the weekend and some people told me I had lost weight (I didn't realize that it was noticeable already?? lol) and I also ate really badly so I'm surprised I didn't gain even more. Anyway, I can't wait to continue this next month. My goal was to get to 190 this month which I didn't get to do and I blame it 100% on the weekends so that goes to show how important it is to not ruin my progress on those days. That will be the key to better loss for me. I'm also going to change my weigh-in day to Fridays!
    I also have a physics test tomorrow so I already know I'm going to be focusing on that all day. Please wish me luck!
  • AB0215
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Weigh in:
    Username:ssssanaaaa
    Previous Week's Weight:194.1
    Current Weight:193.0

Starting weight: 198.0

Comments:
    Okay, so again, not surprisingly, I spiked up again on my weigh in day because I had reached 191.9 through the weekdays! BUT I didn't realize that even though each week I spike up, I'm still spiking up less than the previous week which is awesome! I'll take it! I've learned that I'm pretty good at keeping up a healthy diet throughout the week and then I don't eat that well on the weekend so this is going to be something I'm going to be watching and improving on for next month. I went to my grandmother's house on the weekend and some people told me I had lost weight (I didn't realize that it was noticeable already?? lol) and I also ate really badly so I'm surprised I didn't gain even more. Anyway, I can't wait to continue this next month. My goal was to get to 190 this month which I didn't get to do and I blame it 100% on the weekends so that goes to show how important it is to not ruin my progress on those days. That will be the key to better loss for me. I'm also going to change my weigh-in day to Fridays!
    I also have a physics test tomorrow so I already know I'm going to be focusing on that all day. Please wish me luck!

I think you should be proud of yourself, you cleared 5 lbs this month and that's fantastic!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    sct8lhj9fgc6.jpg
    GOOD AFTERNOON TEAM! MY BROTHER SHAVE MY HEAD YESTERDAY YOU LIKE??

Everyone I know it's been awhile but anyway I am back again so I had Aqua therapy today which I loved it oh my God it felt so good made me feel energized anyway anytime that I I make it to my exercise class I feel so energized afterwards so I'm finally out of my funk even though the pain is excruciating I'm so happy that I went to Aqua therapy today but before I did I also have my Aid help me out on my Total Gym and I did 6 minutes of that so it's not much I'm very shocked that cuz you know before I go through in 20-30 minutes on the gym but now I only who do 6 minutes but I get it something is better than nothing!

So my new goal for the upcoming month now that all the parties are out of the way, except my Dad's 60th birthday party coming up on the 11th and supposed to be going down south on the 15th but until then I'm going to have my Aid help me out, when she comes, on the Total Gym until they figure out a schedule for me at aqua therapy as I need to workout. I need to control my eating too so I'm working on. YESTERDAY I had a celebration at my house for my parents 37th anniversary had to make macaroni and cheese and grilled chicken, so what I did was I made about 40 pieces of grilled chicken breast and I saved 20 pieces for me for the week and I made one side of plain macaroni and cheese and the other side I put veggies macaroni and cheese so I'm learning to be proactive.

I know February is going to be awesome month for me because I'm just thinking positive and I'm going to put a lot of my goals into action you'll see
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Message for all team members:
    @AB0215.
    @143tobe.
    @Calli1616.
    @carolmonson.
    @DanishFeta.
    @danzibob2016.
    @deanit.
    @Fyreside.
    @gemwolf110.
    @gjaholy33.
    @GloriaE2016.
    @IanMoone30.
    @jennfalzon1979.
    @JJKM02.
    @mexiconona.
    @mjohemme.
    @mmurph102.
    @PaganUK.
    @Rosy67.
    @sarahann104.
    @sentra99.
    @ssssanaaaa.
    @tfs27.
    @tinak33.

This is the last week of the January Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the February challenge.

The February challenge thread is:
    TEAM: THE SLIMSONS (February) ( http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10638149/team-the-slimsons-february#latest )

If you wish not to participate next month, please message the team captain or myself ( @craigo3154. )

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

I think you should be proud of yourself, you cleared 5 lbs this month and that's fantastic!!! Keep up the great work!!

Thank you! I am <3 I hadn't been on a good roll like this for a while so it's great to know that I'm heading in the right direction finally! I guess I just wish I had reached my goal but I'm happy that I didn't not lose at all. Next month I definitely will. I'm excited!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Pw 228.4
    Cw 223.6
    Weigh in day Monday
    Although I have lost a lot of weight this week (due to going to the gym and eating under my calories) I thought I would reward my self by making lasagna it was so good. But when I went to log it didn’t realize how much calories there was. Not looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow. Probably undid everything I worked so hard for.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 could you make sure that I get rolled over to February as well
  • jennfalzon1979
    Options
    Daily post

Track. Yes
    Calories. Way under. But sick
    Exercise. I did a hiit workout at the gym. 45 mins. Then 15 mins of core. My body is so sore
    Water. 80 ounces

I came to realize you can’t swear on here. So now it really looks like I eat kittens. Please note; I meant crappy eating. Bedtime.
This discussion has been closed.