TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options
craigo3154
craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Craig @craigo3154.

Replies

• jackinorrie
    jackinorrie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Challengers, new and 'old'!!

Welcome to the February Challenge :smiley: My name is Jacki and I am a fellow teammate and Co-Captian of this AMAZING team. @HASWLRS , our Team Captain, will be giving us all a formal welcome post in the days to come - I just wanted to get the ball rolling early for those of you who are checking in after being tagged by Craig in the registrations.

Typically we begin out month with introductions, So let's GO!!! who are you and why did you join?
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    I'm continuing from the January Challenge. After taking December "Off", I discovered that it was very difficult for me to stay on track without the MFP logging and holding myself accountable with regular weigh ins. The month of January has been about getting back into the rhythm of logging, weighing and interacting with MFP groups. This year, I'm trying to reach my goals through slow and consistent weight loss. I'm looking forward to continued accountability and success in February through rest, whole foods and activity.
  • RinsenRepeat
    RinsenRepeat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im continuing from January. I rapidly gained 40kg since getting married...This year we want to start a family and my obgyn advised me I have to get my bmi below 30 if he is going to even consider my personal birth choice... I developed other health problems also because of my rapid obesity. This year I am committed to make healthier choices and adjustments to my lifestyle. I wish to regain full health and wellness so I can be there for my spouse and future kids.
  • my3boys424
    my3boys424 Posts: 146 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @HASWLRS can I please change my weigh in day for February to Saturday? I’m hoping it will make me more accountable on Friday nights
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ladyj22
    February week 1
    Friday
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    ladyj22 wrote: »
    Ladyj22
    February week 1
    Friday

Coming back down this week...nice work!

(It's not February week #1 yet, it's January week # 5. Just an FYI.)
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Typically we begin out month with introductions, So let's GO!!! who are you and why did you join?

Hi All! This is my fourth month I think with TBBT, and my 8th month since starting to revamp my health and fitness. I started out at 225lbs and am in the low 190s now with a weight goal of around 150lbs. I take it pretty slow and try not to get bent out of shape with the ups and downs.

This month my focus will be on getting ready for surgery as I'm evicting my gallbladder on March 7th since it seems to be unimpressed with my weightloss.

So to that end, my February fit/health Goals are:

- lose between 5-8lbs
    - prep meals 5 out of 7 days
    - Swim 3 days a week
    - walking 7 days a week. My poor dogs are bored with this weather.
    - pull together recipes for after surgery to help my husband out when he's taking care of everything.

My January goals went to hell in a handbasket. Bless.

If you're new to the group, welcome! it's very positive and supportive and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello, team The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to February and a special welcome to the newcomers. Please introduce yourself to the team so we can extend a proper greeting.

Hi, my name is Lisa and I have been with this team since October and a co-captain since December. As @jackinorrie mentioned, she and I will be captaining the team this month. Thank you, Jacki, for returning to TBBT and offering to help out.

I did really well with this challenge until Christmas, then I completely fell off the rails. I am hoping February is my month to get back in the groove! Being involved with this group helps to at least keep my head above water!!

A little about this challenge.....it runs Sunday to Saturday. Post your weigh-in on this thread on your chosen weigh-in day. If you need to miss a weigh-in, let us know. If you forget to post a weigh-in, post as soon as you remember, up until Saturday evening. (I'd say Saturday at midnight, EST, but I am not up that late....I don't know about Jacki!) Please post a weight even if you have gained. There is no judgement here, only support, and it happens to all of us at some point!! If you miss two weigh-ins, you will be removed from the month and will have to re-register for the next month if you wish to continue.

We are all here for the same reason....to lose weight and get healthy. Some days will go better than others....weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, after all!! But with the support of this team, and some hard work on our part, we can all make it to the finish line!

Have a great February, everyone!!
  • dechensangmo3
    dechensangmo3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    dechensangmo3
    February 1st week
    Friday
    175, 2
  • HASWLRS
    edited February 2018
    Options
    dechensangmo3
    February 1st week
    Friday
    175, 2

Welcome, Kinga! You seem very eager to get started and that is wonderful!! However, February doesn't start officially until Sunday the 4th. Since Friday is your weigh-in day, your first weigh-in will be Friday, February 9th. Your starting weight is whatever you posted in the sign up thread. Just keep that enthusiasm up and you're going to do great!

What kind of art do you do?
  • dechensangmo3
    dechensangmo3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :) OK, thanks!
  • Mariec1978
    Mariec1978 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello Big Butts! I thought being on this team was appropriate for me...as I have a big butt! ;0)~

I'm a newbie to this challenge. I have only ever done one challenge with a friend before. I had a lot of success with that challenge, but fell off the wagon. I haven't been tracking my foods, so this will help me get back into the habit.

My starting weight is 185.0 lbs. as of yesterday, 2/1/18. I picked Thursdays as my weigh-in day because I thought the challenge was the calendar month, but since it doesn't start until Sunday, maybe I should change my weigh-in days to Sunday? My OCD would appreciate that change if it's possible since we haven't technically started? I could weigh-in again on Sunday and that could be my starting weight? Not sure what's best, so any advice is welcome.

My goal weight is between 135 lbs. and 145 lbs. I'm not really sure where I will be happy, so I'm leaving my goal weight up to my mental health and not a number on the scale. I would love to reach whatever goal weight before my 40th birthday May 29th, so I need to lose around 2.5 pounds a week to get there. Some weeks I will exceed that and some weeks I will gain the previous weeks weight loss back. My body doesn't like to cooperate, so I am just going to swing for the fence and command my body to listen. If I can get at least halfway there, I will be happy.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mariec1978 wrote: »
    Hello Big Butts! I thought being on this team was appropriate for me...as I have a big butt! ;0)~

I'm a newbie to this challenge. I have only ever done one challenge with a friend before. I had a lot of success with that challenge, but fell off the wagon. I haven't been tracking my foods, so this will help me get back into the habit.

My starting weight is 185.0 lbs. as of yesterday, 2/1/18. I picked Thursdays as my weigh-in day because I thought the challenge was the calendar month, but since it doesn't start until Sunday, maybe I should change my weigh-in days to Sunday? My OCD would appreciate that change if it's possible since we haven't technically started? I could weigh-in again on Sunday and that could be my starting weight? Not sure what's best, so any advice is welcome.

My goal weight is between 135 lbs. and 145 lbs. I'm not really sure where I will be happy, so I'm leaving my goal weight up to my mental health and not a number on the scale. I would love to reach whatever goal weight before my 40th birthday May 29th, so I need to lose around 2.5 pounds a week to get there. Some weeks I will exceed that and some weeks I will gain the previous weeks weight loss back. My body doesn't like to cooperate, so I am just going to swing for the fence and command my body to listen. If I can get at least halfway there, I will be happy.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!

Welcome Marie! And we all have butts a little bigger than we would like....that's why we are here!!

Your starting weight for this challenge is whatever you posted in the February sign up thread. If you changed your weigh-in to Sunday, you would weigh-in tomorrow and that would be the end of week #1 for you, so I would suggest keeping it at Thursday.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Rielyn wrote: »
    Hi team!
    My name is Amie, I have 3 kids, 9, 7 and 2. I've been almost to goal weight after every pregnancy but never quite made it. Since being back at work after my last child I have put on all the weight I had lost. I'm finding it hard to make time for myself since we are so busy with activities all the time. I have had to put my middle child on an elimination diet due to food intolerances so I am doing it with her in solidarity. No gluten, egg or dairy and a few other things for 6 weeks. This is week 2 and I've lost 4.4 lbs. I just need to add in exercise now! I'm looking forward to participating in this challenge!! Starting weight this week is 208.2...goal weight 158. That's a long way to go.

Welcome, Amie, and it's always just one pound at time!! Try breaking it up into smaller goals in your mind....for instance, your first goal could be Onederland!
This discussion has been closed.