One Day at a Time, One Meal a Day (ODAT-OMAD)

Replies

• Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Is that your first scan? I ask because from what I read the bigger concern is if the number is growing. If it's steady or only growing slowly you're probably fine, especially with that BP. I'm with you, I wouldn't touch a statin under any circumstance.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Any natural stuff that would help?
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    @ Jim... yes I agree with you that it’s more about the direction rather than any absolute value. A friend of mine, a vet, pointed out that your heart can develop small parallel tributaries slowly over time that will serve as a natural bypass around any blocked arteries. Well, if it’s true it’s a nice idea and one that makes sense to me.

The problem with statins as I see it is that you are more likely to develop diabetes on statins and metabolic syndrome is according to some the underlying cause that drives heart disease in the first place.
  • FastFlexFit
    FastFlexFit Posts: 3 Member
    Any news?
  • Abm4n
    Ha! I respawned as FastFlexFit but have now retrieved my account as Adm4n. So we continue...

So it's been about 20 months since I last posted and WOW! haven't you grown! Yes, I got back to my starting point and put everything back on !!! From 79kg I went back to 91kg. Too much ice cream too often, too many of my favourite treats too often. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted but I am drawing the line again.

So to re-start again I am:

SW 91kg (200lb)
    CW 89 kg (196lb)
    GW 80 kg (175lb)

What's new? That photo of me is well out of date but I will leave it up for a couple of days because it reminds me where I used to be only a couple of years ago.

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Welcome back to OMAD! :)
  • Abm4n
    Thanks jade pearl it’s good to be back again. This group has always been so supportive.
  • Abm4n
    Today i fasted for 24 hours + I played pickleball for two hours and had a delicious lunch of beef rogan josh with baby spinach and rice with a glass of red wine. Was delicious. 7o1c87v85cyk.jpeg
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Looks amazing! Great job on the long fast!
  • jadepearl
    That looks yummy :)
  • Abm4n
    edited October 2019
    Yesterday’s meal for the day. Roast pork with roast veg and raspberry tart with cream.
  • Abm4n
    xc3sb6f5kd5i.jpeg
    3ty0nrm3yy8p.jpeg
    0lyd6j34cwkb.jpeg
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    NOM NOM NOM
  • jadepearl
    That is just delicious :yum:
  • Abm4n
    Haha @ jade pearl - roast pork is where my 50% Chinese and 50% English heritage intersect and both parts claim ownership.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That looks mouth watering!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Holy smokes that looks delicious!
  • Abm4n
    @volgirl and @LiLee thanks for dropping in. Yes, that roast pork poin will last me four days of meals on the OMAD diet. Day 2, made wraps with lower carb wraps; Day 3 add some apple cider vinegar with Vietnamese sriracha chilli sauce to make instant sweet and sour pork etc.
  • jadepearl
    That wrap that you were mentioning sounds delicious :yum:
  • Abm4n
    Today I had prawns (shrimp) with home grown broccoli and home grown Brazilian spinach in a creamy pesto sauce.9k5obxnhtgb2.jpeg