February 2018 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Sari_renee wrote: »
    Total FAIL this weekend. I did so good for 2 weeks, then 1 trip to a mexican restaurant and too many chips. Then proceeded to come home and eat cookies and cream ice cream...... scale said 171 sunday. So back up 3 pounds....????
    Back on the horse today though!!!! @NikkiJRM if you could please record 171 for this week

Know that it's just water retention from the carbs. You'd have to eat 10,500 calories above what your body needs to gain 3lbs of fat. A few weeks ago I ate a small bowl of baked apples and oats (no sugar added apple crisp) and a glass of wine and I gained SEVEN pounds. Seven!! Hahaha. Don't worry it goes away quickly. Now I avoid those things or put them early in the week so that the water is gone by weigh day. Keep going, you're doing great!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss That's a larger range of fluctuation than I've seen but that makes sense to me. I definitely carry a lot of both muscle and fat but evenly distributed all over. When I'm dehydrated it shows all over, but when I'm retaining water it's definitely mostly waist down.

I do love data, but with the body impedance scales I look for the trends. Thank you for the insights!
  • dgreene37
    dgreene37 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SW 260 01/28/2018 (for this month's challenge)

02/04: 256
    02/11: 256
    02/18:
    02/25:
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @River_Goddess thanks for those cheering words! I'm definitely not eating quite that many so maybe there is hope! <3
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    but just about to drink more wine and eat more food.......what can I say, I'm sort of enjoying myself..........!!
    ENJOY! When in Rome...drink more wine!

• VeronicaMarie27
    VeronicaMarie27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just wanting to get a feel for other people’s habits... Do you only weigh yourself on Sundays? I typically hop on my scale several times a week (sometimes more than once a day too). I fluctuate a lot. Like a LOT. Depending on the time of day and whether or not I’ve eaten anything at the time of weighing in... it’s sometimes not even a discernible trend for the week overall.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @veronicaringel I weigh myself everyday at the same time, after using the bathroom but before eating. Trend is better to check after 30 days or so. A lot can affect how weight fluctuates day to day. Another way to see how you're trending is to compare average weight week to week. Sometimes the scale goes up and down within a few days, but the average is dropping week over week.
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @veronicaringel I think I may be a bit obsessive compulsive (OCD), as I weigh myself every morning. My routine is to get up, go to the restroom then straight to the scale. I’ve seen numerous suggestions/advice that this is not a good habit but I just can’t seem to stop myself. I must admit my daily weigh in does affect my eating habits. Especially the day before I post my Sunday weight for this group. I find myself restricting calories or prolonging fasting to enhance my Sunday morning weigh in.

Hey, “If you’re not cheating you’re not trying” is my motto. Honestly, I tell myself I will quit what I know is poor behavior and discipline myself to weigh in just once a week. However, I do think it works better for me to make small corrections to my calories/fasting daily than to wait a week and find out I have a big (week long) problem to correct. We are all experiments of one. My OCD approach is working for my experiment.
  • noorapu1000
    noorapu1000 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @NikkiJRM was 184.4 as of today 180.4

Thank you!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @veronicaringel @stormywxs288 and all other compulsive weighers! Me too and before I go to bed as well, not just now of course as on holiday but as soon as I get back home later today scales will be there and I'll be weighing. The times I haven't are the times I've given up and put on lots of weight as my attitude has gone through a 'don't care' phase and I've also avoided the scales like the plague. For me it works if I weigh so if it works for you do it, you just need to accept there are weird fluctuations even when you have no idea why but that it evens out at the end. Or do I mean drops at the end! :)
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    @Chinatowninchina enjoy your vacation!!! Some may say stay keto on vacation, I say enjoy yourself!!! I am also a compulsive weigher lol. I only do it in the morning though never at night that would discourage me haha. But I do make my daily choices based on what that scale says. I am doing a birthday/valentines day weekend with the hubby in a super nice hotel and going to a rock concert Saturday. So i will weigh Saturday and then not again till next sunday. I am sitting 134.... wooooooooo hooooooo. That is a 50 lbs weight loss since October 17th. I am so dang excited. I am realizing though that 130 is my absolute lowest I am going. I need to start working out so I can get my booty back lol.
  • stormywxs288
    edited February 2018
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    I need to start working out so I can get my booty back lol.
    You have literally worked your a__ off on keto. FIFTY POUNDS! I want to be like you when I grow up. You are an inspiration to all of us amateur keto wanna-be's.
  • VeronicaMarie27
    VeronicaMarie27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 @chinatowninchina @HaideeJo13 @NikkiJRM thank you all for answering!!! I’m glad I’m not alone! But also, that’s good advice to weigh at the same time after the same habits. My issue is sometimes I’ll weigh several times in one morning and it will fluctuate up or down several lbs! I’m currently trying to lose all the water weight from Valentine’s Day when I took a “pause”, but I am seeing a trend I suppose! Thanks again for the input!
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    @stormywxs288 thank you!!! I am super proud. This is the smallest i have been since before I had my third baby 9 years ago. It actually kind of weird lol, I'm not quite used to it. People are really starting to notice. I went most of this weightloss journey without many people at work saying anything. To their defense I worm outside at the airport and I am usually very bundled up in coveralls and what not. Since its been warming up I don't bundle up so they probably didn't even wutoe notice. BUT now I m getting comments every day lol. Honestly best advice I can give is keep it simple. I found things i really really liked and ate a lot of them haha. I did not do any crazy mock recipes of carbs favorites or anything. I did make fat bombs and love them. They help me when I want to eat candy and they help me keep my fat up. I also only ate between the hours of 11ish to 5ish which I swear it helped so much!! And i work for ups.. so from November thru half of January I was working 12 he days outside working my butt off... getting well over 20,000 steps a day, I am sure that helped a bit too :wink:
  • istartanew82
    istartanew82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OMAD diet
    February 13 2018 Day 1 : 264.8 pounds
    Day 2: 262.4
    Day 3: 260.2
    Day 4: 259
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    Start weight October 17th. 184lbs
    1/31- 138
    2/4-137
    2/11- 135
    2/17- 133
    I'm weighing in a day early because we have a romantic night tonight. I plan on enjoying myself! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!!! Everyone is doing great!!
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    OMAD diet
    February 13 2018 Day 1 : 264.8 pounds
    Day 2: 262.4
    Day 3: 260.2
    Day 4: 259

Wow what a kick start! 5.8 pounds in only 4 days. Looks like it is working well for you. I'm curious, have you been doing keto OMAD? Did you just start OMAD from the get-go or did you do keto and intermittent fasting before you started One Meal A Day?
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    I think my first month I was eating pretty much three meals a day no fasting. Then I started the fasting and eating between around 11ish to 5ish which was easy cuz of my work schedule. Sometimes I do one meal a day sometimes I do two meals a day. Just depends on how hungry I am and what I have going on.
  • chinatowninchina
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well I'll take it, 10 days away and I've gained 4 pounds exactly and so I'm back into the 160s. 161.4 to be precise and it's my birthday next weekend......guess I will have to be really, really good this week. Still the good thing is I'm back on it and not thinking 'I've gained weight I'll give up' like soooo soooo many times before!
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    So far this month I’ve managed only minimum Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day damage. On week 6 of keto for me I hope my body is starting to turn a corner on being fat/keto adapted. With only a 1.4 pound loss this week my weight loss, that seemed so easy the first three keto weeks, has slowed to a trickle. Not concerned though! I’ve seen several accounts that tell me it is normal for slow weight loss or even gains as your body fully adapts to burning fat instead of carbs.

My Tanita scale tells me my body fat loss has staled as well. However, my belt buckle says I’m losing inches as I had to use the next smaller notch when I buckled up today. Also, the last few days of exercise I’ve noticed my balance seems to be improving. I attribute that mostly to the fact that I’m not carrying around 1.73 bowling balls of weight I use to 6 weeks ago.

My goal for this week is to stay below my recommended calorie count and macros all week. Hopefully I will turn into a fat burning machine soon. I <3 keto and I <3 eating fat.

4ItHm8.png