Check-in

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Started Phentermine 15g July 4th (added Topamax 25g to 50g July 22nd)

GW 299
    SW 398.6
    CW 389.6

Total weight lost as of today: 9 pounds :)
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

We are back from AZ and I think we found a place to live. I only did so-so on my plan. Today, I am doing better and hope to really be back on track tomorrow.

Suzy - I hope your sciatica is better! Glad you are also back on track.

Molly - way to go on the continued weight loss progress! How are you tolerating the Topamax? I did not look up anything; I do sort of remember that you can get somewhat scatter-brained at times or have a hard time focusing.

I am so glad we are sharing the ups and downs of our journeys. For me, getting back on track is important and successful, too. In the past, I would just give up if I strayed from plan and eat even more.

Talk soon!!

Louise
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello,

So far I have not had any issues with the topamax. After a week she wants me to go up 2 pills -- one in AM and one in PM.

What WLS did you all have? I had RNY or Gastric Bypass.

Louise,
    Good job on not giving up! We are not giving up! :) You had asked me for the name of the procedure I am considering having with sutures. It is called "endoscopic gastrojejunal anastomosis revision."

Suzy,
    Hope you are doing better today :)

Have a great day Ladies!!

• SuzyQ53015
    SuzyQ53015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thank you, Louise and Molly, for your well-wishes. You both are doing great!! You give me encouragement and hope that I will get these last pounds off - again!!

Ortho Dr was great. She did not scold about the couple of pounds I'm up from six months ago. She told me that I have too many ortho problems to be doing aerobics right now. PT for awhile while the back heals and where they can teach me how to strengthen my core. After that I'm allowed to walk, not run, not jump, just walk. So much for the quick fix to getting my weight back down. Slow and steady really does win the race!!

I am a little concerned with how well my back can handle the five-hour drive this Saturday to our granddaughter's party for her 5th birthday. Prayers, please!

Have a wonderful week, friends!
  • weezieweeks
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I did pretty good with my plan yesterday - although I faded away in the evening. I am going to do better today! I know that I am an emotional eater - somehow the eating does not help me solve anything either!

Molly - thanks for the procedure name. I am going to research it. Now that I am logging my foods, I know that a huge portion of my regain is my direct responsibility due to what I have been putting in my mouth. That said, I love finding out about what is going on in the WLS fight for success.

Suzy - Have you ever used those pads you can stick on your back that stay hot (or warm anyway) all day? One of the brand names is Thermacare. They come in several sizes. My husband has used those in the past and likes them. He has also used them if we have a big day of walking or other outings and his back is bothering him. We also have a rice bag and a corn bag that can be microwaved, although that does not work so well in the car - lol.

Thanks to you two for being here! My being able to post my journey here, as well as follow you, helps me immensely!

Have a fantastic day!

Louise
  • weezieweeks
    Options
    Hello,

By some miracle, the scale showed a loss today! I strayed from plan yesterday and only got on the scale to be honest with myself. I am hoping that somehow I have reigned in some of the overeating even when on my own selections instead of going for the gusto!!

Talk soon!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello Ladies, hope all is well. I am ok. Hanging in there. Dad just got out of the hospital again. He is just stubborn and hard headed.
    I maintained at WW this week. I will take it. I have another group you guys may want to check out. Young and old participate. I have been in it for some time. It is about 3 of us who are very consistent. we have a bunch on newbies because I have been posting to the boards to see if we can get others to join us. You both are welcomed to join us for sure!! It helps me stay mindful of my goals daily.

Have a great day!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

GW 299
    SW 398.6
    CW 386

Total weight lost as of today: 12.6 pounds :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Making mini goals help us stay motivated, check out this group and join us. We start a new thread each week with small attainable, mini goals. Even if you don't meet the mini goals perfectly. The goal is to stay mindful and be consistent not perfect and if you do this you will eventually reach your ultimate goals. Check out link and feel free to join us: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/625-mini-goal-one-week-challenge
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    So it has been exactly a month since I started taking weight loss meds and I have lost 13 pounds. I am excited!! Today I put on a girdle I could not wear and I felt slimmer. A girdle always makes you feel slimmer lol. so if I lose 26 pounds in next 2 months I will be at 40 pounds. I keep thinking I could probably lose 50 pounds if I push myself but I want to be realistic and keep my goals realistic also. I am not in a race or comepetition so I am very very happy with being 13 pounds down in exactly a month!! :smiley:

GW 299
    SW 398.6
    CW 385.8

Total weight lost as of today: 12.8 pounds :)

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    How are you all doing?? Hope all is well. I am still having Dad drama which I don't want to discuss because it is depressing :neutral:

Have a great weekend and keep pushing!! B)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

GW 299
    SW 398.6
    CW 385

Total weight lost as of today: 13.6 pounds :)
  • SabrinaNorton70
    SabrinaNorton70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, Im back at MFP. I have been off here quite awhile that seems more than evident with the weight changes. I had RNY Oct 2005 lost over 150 lbs. I had my gallbladder removed 6 months after RNY. I had hysterectomy in Dec 2014 and it has been a constant struggle since then. Welcome to the wonderful menopause life! Ive also been diagnosed with hashimotos and anemic. I have now around 35 pounds to get to where I feel comfortable. I have been keto for around 9 weeks with little to no success so I'm here trying to figure out macros. Hope to figure this all out!
  • weezieweeks
    Options
    Molly - Are you still taking the same dosages? How do you feel with the Topamax?
  • weezieweeks
    Options
    Hey everyone, I feel like I have abandoned our group. We are finally moved out of our house in Vegas and into our rental in Prescott Valley, AZ. We are in. 400 sf park model mobile home in a 55+ RV park for the next six months. We still have a bit of rearranging/reorganizing to do as we brought too many personal items!

Yesterday, I actually walked 2.8 miles! I feel so good about getting some walking in after some crazy time. This morning I walked 1/2 mile and hope to walk more later and definitely planning to get Back on Track!

I will be checking in again, so hope to hear from everyone!

Louise
  • weezieweeks
    Options
    Good morning! I am happy to report that I walked today! I also weighed myself yesterday and have been holding steady with my weight. It had been a while since I had weighed with the packing and moving and then getting setup in our temporary home. I was somewhat afraid to weigh; I know I am an emotional eater. It was somewhat of a relief to weigh and see that I am still down 15 pounds! Hopefully, I will keep going now and get some more of this regain off. Talk soon!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello Louise! Good to hear from you! Congrats on your new home too!
    Congrats on maintenance too!! Awesome stuff my friend :smiley: Keep up the good work!

I have been hanging in there. I am still losing slowly but surely. I am going to try to hit it hard the next six weeks. I got my 5% trinket from WW, I want to get 10% before January 1st.
  • weezieweeks
    Options
    Molly- Hello! Glad to hear you are doing good! Are you still on the medication and how is that part going? Congrats on the 5% token!!
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I had gastric bypass in 2001 because I needed both knees replaced and the only way the doctor would do it is if I lost the weight. It was a long process. After surgery I almost died and ended up in ICU because I collapsed both lungs. I started at 292 and ended up around 220 and never got much smaller. I regained weight over the years until I reached my highest weight of 317 pounds mostly through grazing. I saw a nutritionist and lost back down to 220 pounds. Over the years I have continued this yo you cycle until now where I restarted my fitness pal at 275 pounds. I am now down to 264 through hard work and tracking. The surgery was not an easy thing for me. I ruined my teeth with all the vomiting. I developed chronic ulcers and barretts esophagus and now am on medicine for that. I also had an esophageal hernia where they basically redid the surgery two years ago. Grazing is still an issue but I try to make better choices now. Just wanted to tell my story. A lot of it was probably emotional eating. I lost both my parents in this period of time, my dad in 2010 and my mom in 2014.
  • SuzieQ789
    SuzieQ789 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, Lois. I can relate to your journey. Complications due to WLS, but it is what it is and I’m dealing with them. I have gained 30 pounds since my lowest weight, over the past five years. I started the journey at 294 lbs. Went down to 145, now up to 175. I’m 5’8” and 60 yrs old. As with you, I am doing too much grazing, too many simple carbs, and too much stress-eating. Time to turn it around!

I need to stop making excuses and remember where I started. I do not want to forget to agony I went through for the first three months post-RNY. I want to use that memory to get back on track now. We can do this, one day at a time, one pound at a time!