February 2018 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    Is anyone interested in a challenge this week? Something simple?

Do Not step on the scale until next Sunday Weigh In.

Pure madness...Challenge accepted!

You're a brave one Nikki. Anyone else bold enough to accept the challenge????
  • JoannaVenuto
    JoannaVenuto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am SO in again! Round 2!
    Weight lost in January: 7.8lbs

Sunday 02/04: 241.6
    Sunday 02/11: 243.6
    Sunday 02/18: 241.4
    Sunday 02/25:

It's been really frustrating seeing the scale fluctuate up and down for weeks now...and mostly up.
    I am still on my TOM, going on week 5 now. I am bloated and feel awful. I have been keeping my carb intake low, I am limiting my keto-friendly drinks, I am doing OMAD, and yet here I am.

I do feel better in my clothes, my pyjama pants are a bit looser, and my wrist watch is loose. But my brain is playing bits: if the scale is going up then something is wrong.

I am scared to take my measurements because if they aren't shrinking then I might loose my marbles.

UGHHHHH!!!!

I need a nap. :(

It looks like my body reaaaaaalllllllly wants to stay in the 40's! I am now doing OMAD as well and I feel really good so far. I burn about a pound of fat every two days, from what my scale tells me. I went out this weekend and had one too many mozzarella sticks. No regrets! I also suspect the Manhattan I ordered had sugar in it even though I asked for an no sugar version. Without this I would probably be down a few more pounds.

The next time you see me I'll be in the 30's, come hell or high water!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options

Do Not step on the scale until next Sunday Weigh In.

You're a brave one Nikki. Anyone else bold enough to accept the challenge????

So, I decided to weigh like I normally do, but not look, and just sync the whole week to the app on Sunday. I do want to be able to go back and see the body analysis data since this will be my 1st full week running and doing strength training. I covered the display on the scale. I can live with this compromise. :blush:
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sigh...
    I guess last week was too good to be true. I didn’t deviate from my macros and stayed in my calorie limits. Very frustrating. So close to my benchmark yet it seems I’ll never get there.
    I am choosing to focus on the fact that all my jeans are too big. Going to goodwill to get a couple smaller sizes. Maybe that’ll cheer me up.

SW- 237.8
    Jan 31- 196.2
    2/4-194.8
    2/11-190.6
    2/18- 192.1
    2/25-
    2/28-
  • serendipity513
    serendipity513 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    SW 1/1/18: 300lbs
    1/31: 282.4
    2/04: 282.9
    2/11: 280.0
    2/18: 278.0
    2/25:

(One day late to weigh in due to traveling.) Keto is awesome. Spent the week away on vacation and I still dropped from last weigh in! While away I practiced a more “lazy keto” but was able to find things to eat at all the restaurants we went to fairly easily. I even had some keto cocktails. The fact that I can take this diet on vacation with me and still enjoy myself is just awesome. Every other diet I’ve ever been on was shattered to pieces pretty much instantly when I went on vacation.
  • VeronicaMarie27
    VeronicaMarie27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not freaking out because I strayed two times this week (Valentine's Day and Mexican restaurant with my sister), and I'm pretty sure I'm just on my way back down due to water weight.. I had my third and final dress fitting (HOLY MOLEY!!!! MY WEDDING IS 68 DAYS AWAY AHHHH!!!!) and it fit perfectly!!! I'm really happy with the way it fits and the way I fit in all my other clothes too, even if the scale isn't necessarily reflecting that at the moment :smile:! (Gotta work on toning the arms a bit more but still really really happy!)

Side note: has anyone made/had keto bagels? AH.MAZE.ING. Can't say enough! I've eaten them for my last three meals and I don't see an end in sight! ;)

1/31: 156
    2/4: 155.6
    2/11: 154.4
    2/19: 156.2
    2/25:
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @mznik114 I remember you tagging me in a post that you'd messaged me a 2nd time, but I never received that message either. I'm shooting you a message with my email. I'm hoping you get it.

Thanks...got it!
  • mznik114
    Options

Here's a simple challenge for all of you daily weight checkers. I'm OCD about weighing myself daily but I'm willing to challenge anyone to NOT step on a scale until next Sunday.

I'm in - Who else will take up the NO WEIGH IN challenge for this whole week?

I'm in!
  • stormywxs288
    edited February 2018
    Options

So, I decided to weigh like I normally do, but not look, and just sync the whole week to the app on Sunday. I do want to be able to go back and see the body analysis data since this will be my 1st full week running and doing strength training. I covered the display on the scale. I can live with this compromise. :blush:

My motto is, "If you're not Cheatin you're not Tryin". If I were as computer savy as you I'd do the same.

Also welcome mzink to our OCD challenge. The more the merrier! Anyone else interested in putting your OCD weighing habits on the shelf for one week?

• VeronicaMarie27
    VeronicaMarie27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Here's a simple challenge for all of you daily weight checkers. I'm OCD about weighing myself daily but I'm willing to challenge anyone to NOT step on a scale until next Sunday.

I'm in - Who else will take up the NO WEIGH IN challenge for this whole week?

I'm in too! This couldn't be coming at a better time! … I refused to put my actual weight into MFP because I do not want to see that downward trend decline come back up (praying/hoping/thinking it's just water weight..) This will be interesting to say the least!
  • NikkiJRM
    Options
    Some of you may remember when back in the fall (30lbs ago) Mr Nikki and I had a challenge going. Well, He's sitting at the same weight and out of no where hopped on my treadmill and just said to me, "How much to do you weigh? Give me 2 weeks to catch up!"

Hmmmmmmmmmm, a chase is a race! Let's do this!!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Some of you may remember when back in the fall (30lbs ago) Mr Nikki and I had a challenge going. Well, He's sitting at the same weight and out of no where hopped on my treadmill and just said to me, "How much to do you weigh? Give me 2 weeks to catch up!"

Hmmmmmmmmmm, a chase is a race! Let's do this!!

I remember! You go get him, girl and teach him a lesson, even without checking those scales!! <3<3
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    February goal weight: 185 lbs

January 31st: 195.2 lbs
    Feb 4th: 192.4 lbs
    Feb 11th: Mardi Gras weight gain! 197
    Feb 19th: 192.4 again
    Feb 25th:

February total loss:

probably not gonna hit my goal this month =[
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    cgcrutch wrote: »
    February goal weight: 185 lbs

January 31st: 195.2 lbs
    Feb 4th: 192.4 lbs
    Feb 11th: Mardi Gras weight gain! 197
    Feb 19th: 192.4 again
    Feb 25th:

February total loss:

probably not gonna hit my goal this month =[

@cgcrutch Even a small loss during Mardi Gras month is fantastic!!!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @Lisbydezign who needs weight loss when your clothes are too big!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    SW 1/1/18: 300lbs
    1/31: 282.4
    2/04: 282.9
    2/11: 280.0
    2/18: 278.0
    2/25:

(One day late to weigh in due to traveling.) Keto is awesome. Spent the week away on vacation and I still dropped from last weigh in! While away I practiced a more “lazy keto” but was able to find things to eat at all the restaurants we went to fairly easily. I even had some keto cocktails. The fact that I can take this diet on vacation with me and still enjoy myself is just awesome. Every other diet I’ve ever been on was shattered to pieces pretty much instantly when I went on vacation.

Nicely done!!
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    Only two days into the NO SCALE challenge week and I’ve got to say, “I miss my daily weigh in”. However, I’m trusting the process by being careful logging my food and staying close to my macros. I did try something new to me yesterday and would have loved to see what my scale said (But I didn’t)

Yesterday I did OMAD (One Meal A Day) for the first time. Actually, it wasn’t an intentional plan, it just happened. I have been eating in a 6-hour window usually between 10am and 4pm. Yesterday I had appointments/commitments that interfered with those plans. I ended up eating one HUGE meal at about 1:30.

Anyway, I am super curious what the scales would have shown after my OMAD experience. Delayed gratification will be my reward this Sunday – I hope? I may try another OMAD before Sunday as well. I loved eating a huge meal: Big ribeye steak, asparagus and parm cheese! I <3 Keto.
  • NikkiJRM
    Options
    I'm going to admit, I am curious also but still haven't looked. I decided to just eat like I normally do, but without weighing and measuring every little thing. I've also been just logging at night instead of before preparing meals. My log reflects me overestimating foods I've eaten since Monday. That's the goal for me, to eventually be able to eat intuitively without having to measure everything.
  • stormywxs288
    edited February 2018
    Options
    That's the goal for me, to eventually be able to eat intuitively without having to measure everything.

That's a great goal and one I hope to reach some day too. I'm only 7 weeks into keto so I'm not as confident in my ability to fly by the seat of my pants yet. I can see though that if I want to make this a lifestyle change instead of just another diet craze I'm going to have to get away from measuring everything from myself to my food on a scale.

• mznik114
    Options
    Only two days into the NO SCALE challenge week and I’ve got to say, “I miss my daily weigh in”. However, I’m trusting the process by being careful logging my food and staying close to my macros. I did try something new to me yesterday and would have loved to see what my scale said (But I didn’t)

Yesterday I did OMAD (One Meal A Day) for the first time. Actually, it wasn’t an intentional plan, it just happened. I have been eating in a 6-hour window usually between 10am and 4pm. Yesterday I had appointments/commitments that interfered with those plans. I ended up eating one HUGE meal at about 1:30.

Anyway, I am super curious what the scales would have shown after my OMAD experience. Delayed gratification will be my reward this Sunday – I hope? I may try another OMAD before Sunday as well. I loved eating a huge meal: Big ribeye steak, asparagus and parm cheese! I <3 Keto.

I miss daily weight checks as well...but still going strong! I thought this would be easy since it's shark week for me and I normally gain...but noooo.... I'm still eyeing the scale and wishing I could hop on.. LOL! Good luck for the rest of the week!