Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Brad - love those healthy snacks and intentionality! That's the spirit. Dbw - flat weeks are going to happen.

I had a decent week. Still struggling with my evenings - I do well all day, exercise a lot, but in the evening, tired, I blow it. I see the pattern and I'm getting on it. Still, dropped a bit:

SW 234.4
    GW 195
    LW 226.2
    CW 225.6

So far this year 69 days, exercised 61, by tomorrow it will be 70 & 62 and I'll be a solid 2 days ahead of "6 out of 7" for the year and an 8 week streak! Sweating every day so the doc doesn't put me on those blood pressure pills.

Have a great week guys, pull for me to have a good one and break back under 225!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm learning that certain carbs and sodium can fluctuate my weight by quite a few pounds, so being more careful before weigh in.

SW - 341 (2017 371 (2011)
    GW - 210
    LW - 256.5
    CW - 254.2
    Loss - 2.3lbs
    Going to shoot for a big loss this week, need to get under 250, feel like I have a mental block.
  • Horstbc
    Horstbc Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Nice work, Steve!

Not a good week for me. I did great during the work portion of my trip but then ate like a maniac during the vacation that we tacked on to the end. The unfortunate thing is that I was having enough fun with my family that I could’ve eaten packing peanuts and still been happy, so it wasn’t that I was really craving the bad foods. I just wasn’t making myself think before putting anything in my mouth. I got back on the wagon yesterday, but it’ll take some focus to undo that big step backwards.

SW: 248.4
    LW: 245.4
    CW: 251.4
    GW: 200

Gain 6.0 lbs

I have three weeks before my next work trip, so I’m focusing on getting back to my morning workout routine, packing decent snacks for work, and not overindulging in the evenings. Discipline!
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry on not getting the chart up this week. We've had 7 homicides since Monday. It's been crazy :(
  • daleweideman
    Options
    Wow guys. Lots going. 7 homicides - what a rough week.

I'm fighting a real bad habit - I am *so good* all day, exercising and eating super light, but am not disciplined in the evening. I start with a healthy meal, then have a couple of glasses of wine, then snack. The good and the bad are balancing, and I'm staying even. But still flabby.

I can see and know the problem - gotta eat healthy and small portions at night, and give up alcohol most nights. I need a way to take the hunger pangs off before my evening meal.

SW 234.4
    GW 195
    LW 225.6
    CW 226.0
    gained 0.4

Hope all you guys have a better & very good week coming up. Times can be hard, being healthy helps.
  • StevLL
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Tim, Sending positive prayers to your neck of the woods.
    It's been a weird week. I feel like my clothes fit better, I actually tried on a pair of 36's and they buttoned my workouts are solid, my walkings been off this week, but otherwise, i feel like I've lost a ton and the scale literally didn't budge. I stopped the Gluten as of Tuesday, so I am hoping that might help. Let's all keep at it and if nothing else when you get a moment get out and enjoy this beautiful weather!

GW - 210
    LW - 254.2
    CW - 254.2
    Loss - 0.0lbs
    I'll have to be content with NSV's, might be time to toss the scale permanently.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Thanks guys, we had yet another officer involved shooting death on Thursday. At least the weekend was quiet. Fingers crossed that it stays this way for at least a little while.

Anyways, I slid a bit in the wrong direction. Looking to make up for some of that this week. I'll try and get the chart up a little later this afternoon. Have a great day men!

LW 329.6
    CW 331.6
    Gain 2 lbs
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Damn, looks like we all had a tough week on the scale. No worries though. I know you will all be turning it around this week. Lets do it men!!!

bhimao485fdz.jpg
  • Horstbc
    Options
    That’s really difficult, Tim. Sorry to hear about that. I’ll be praying as well.

This is the first week I’ve been able to make myself log every calorie that I ate each day and made good decisions with my eating on most of those days.

LW: 251.4
    CW: 247.2

Loss: 4.2 lbs
  • StevLL
    Options
    Nice job Brad! I think the gluten is the answer for me. I feel so much better and the little patches of puffiness all over are almost gone. The doc said it will take about 90 days for the inflammation to completely relax, but off to a good start. Best thing is while I've been in 38's for about a month, I had not gotten into my goal pants I had on the wall which was a pair of slim fit 38" black levis 501's. (yes, they are old, I moved to AZ with them in 96') :D Yesterday I wore them to work and they are off the wall and now in the wardrobe lineup. Time to go get a pair of 36" pants and put them on the wall for motivation!
    Let's do this gents! If you are interested in some nutritional info, or workouts with some science behind it, check out Thomas Delauer at Six Pack Abs, or the guys at Abs over Forty. It's helped me a lot.

GW - 210
    LW - 254.2
    CW - 251.6
    Loss - 2.6lbs
  • Horstbc
    Options
    That’s awesome! Way to go on the jeans! I’ll have to check out those resources.

I’m heavily weighing the idea of doing a DietBet starting on Tuesday and going through September to lose 10% of my weight. If I make it, I make money. If I don’t, I lose the money I put into it.

https://www.dietbet.com/transformer

I can’t quite decide whether it will motivate me well vs force me into losing too much weight too quickly. I’m leaning towards it though for the extra motivation.
  • Horstbc
    Options
    I ended up signing up, so now i need to be below 242.5 by April 26 and under 225 by the end of September (I ate a bunch on Sunday and weighed myself at night instead of in the morning for a little head start...). I’m going to push pretty hard to see if I can get ahead of the curve and stay there. I’m pretty sure I can get below 242.5 for round 1 in two weeks instead of four. After that it’ll get tougher.

8ovd6615wytt.jpeg

• tdonlin
    Options
    Wow, Brad and Steve - you guys are doing amazing. It is a joy to see the progress you are making Steve. You will be in those 36's before long. Brad, I'm sure you will hit your goals too. Another busy week for us here with another 2 homicides on Sunday. WTF!!! We haven't had these numbers since the early 90's and all the gang shootings that went with it.

Anyways, I had a decent loss this week and hope to continue.

v60fe11b3xln.jpg
  • Horstbc
    Options
    Pretty good first week of my challenge: down 3.6 pounds from Sunday (6 since weighing in at night made me 250 instead of 247)

LW: 247.2
    CW: 243.6

Loss: 3.6

Restricted my eating quite a bit. I’m also on a two week streak of logging every calorie each day which I hadn’t been too careful about before that.

p2icws2d1qeo.png

(Screenshot of a habit tracker app I downloaded because I wanted to get better at that)
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The prodigal knucklehead returns.
    SW: 386.2
    LW: 355 (12/5/2017)
    CW: 376.8
    GW: 215

a creeping gain of 21.8 lbs

Don't forget to change your passwords as MFP was breached and a large number of folk's account information was compromised.

Have a great weekend fellas.
  • StevLL
    Options
    Nice job guys! Tim I hope things settle down, we really need some peaceful times. Brad good luck and you can do this! Todd welcome back, now we just need Toby, he's doing great. If you had told me I would be a vegetarian a year ago I would have laughed and said your nuts, but it's the best thing I've ever done for myself and I always thought I had to eat lots of protein to build muscle and here I am at 55 no meat and building muscle. You don't have to stop eating meat gents, but definitely look at eating more whole foods and less processed. The hidden ingrediants in processed food will sabotage our efforts. Get out and enjoy the sunshine when you can, mother nature is in bloom in southern AZ., with our first 90 deg day already approaching. Time to sweat!

SW - 341 (2017) 371 (2011)
    GW - 210
    LW - 251.6
    CW - 248.8
    Loss - 2.8lbs
  • daleweideman
    Options
    Hi guys,

Tim-that's tough. Be safe! Yes, please, let's hope things settle down, we need peace! Steve - glad you're making such good progress! Brad - go get that dough while your drop your first 25, mate! Todd - good to see you back!

I ended March in my same rut - doing great with my exercise, but undisciplined evening eating and drinking. I'm stronger - up to 3 reps at 225 on the bench - and I've logged 80 workouts out of 90 days. I eat light and clean all day. But in the evening, tired out, a couple glasses of wine - then some snacks - doesn't work for weight loss. My real problem is that I feel pretty good. I fit in 36 pants. I'm heavy but not *fat*. And I like to eat and drink.

But dammit, I want to be lean! Not just OK. So April-May-June - going to me much better! I can eat lean and drink water at night, and drop 4 ounces of fat per day.

SW 234.4
    GW 195
    LW 226.0
    CW 226.8
    gained 0.8

April will be much better!
  • tdonlin
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Good morning gents!!

I hope you all had a happy and blessed Easter holiday. We had family over and enjoyed some good company and food. The down side is, everyone has been fighting this stupid cold that has been going around. My wife and I kinda succumbed to it now too. She is much worse off than me unfortunately. I was really dehydrated then I drank so much that I think I was ready to pop. My weight has been all over the place this week and I have chosen not to submit a weigh in this week.

Anyways, Todd - welcome back buddy!

Steve - Wow, you blew past 250 in the right direction. You are doing awesome and are an inspiration.

Brad - Awesome job this week too. My money is on you to make your April 26 goal.

pfzkcz1dpv9h.jpg
  • Horstbc
    Options
    I survived a work trip this week without splurging on pizza or burgers! That’s a first. Lots of fruit, veggies, cashews, and yogurt for lunches, salmon and swordfish for my dinners, and workouts two out of three night (and jumping around angrily on Monday night while Michigan made fools of themselves in the championship game, which was a workout too).

LW: 243.6
    CW: 242.2

Loss: 1.4

After this week of self-control, I’m already below my target for 4/26 so now I start working ahead for the round 2 goal: 235.0.
  • daleweideman
    Options
    Brad - outstanding!

I stayed flat. Some good, some bad, ended even.

SW 234.4
    GW 195
    LW 226.8
    CW 226.8

No change.