TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options

Replies

• memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain net calories? Some days mine are in the negative.

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Tuesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: YES!!! (finally....)
    Exercise: stairs!!
    Water: 112 oz

Finally feel like I am back on track! Saw it reflected on the scale this morning, too. I feel soooo much better. I have goals and I might actually get to them!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    memery7 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain net calories? Some days mine are in the negative.

According to MFP: A negative calorie adjustment indicates that you are using fewer calories on a given day than our original MyFitnessPal estimate. The option for allowing negative calorie adjustments can be found by logging in to your account at www.myfitnesspal.com, then clicking "My Home" then "Settings" then "Diary settings"

This is supposed to help you get an idea of where you're headed for the day but the problem I always faced was I was more active at work and then would come home and relax..and was burning a lot less calories than I was before so it was always negative. It's not necessarily a big deal if you are eating a fixed amount and don't eat extra calories when you are exercising, it IS a problem when you are using that to budget your calories. I actually turned it off, and then ultimately disconnected my fitbit later for other reasons.

Hope that makes sense.
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    So instead of treadmill I shoveled my driveway for 30 minutes

Snow is a hard pass for me :) Obviously, I know you can't control it, but we've been pretty fortunate. I honestly can't stand it when there's snow on my driveway so I have to shovel it and my husband thinks I'm nuts.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 3/13
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Water: Yes

Great day and I have prelogged most of my day today to keep me on track!!
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have had a real difficult week. Last week was great and dropped almost 5 lbs. stayed accountable for everything and exercised... this week, well it hit me full force. My logging went downhill, exercise non-existent. Anxiety went up a couple notches. Hoping to get my head back in the game today.
  • AB0215
    Options
    jenngitch wrote: »
    I have had a real difficult week. Last week was great and dropped almost 5 lbs. stayed accountable for everything and exercised... this week, well it hit me full force. My logging went downhill, exercise non-existent. Anxiety went up a couple notches. Hoping to get my head back in the game today.

One of the things I do when I have these issues is take a little bit and think about why I wanted to do this in the first place. It's really easy to let go and keep doing what we were doing before, which is how we got to where we are now. I also like to think about where I can be in a few months if I keep going. It's really really difficult for some people to find internal motivation, but to a degree, I think you have to have some, even if it's just something as simple as you want to look or feel better. My internal motivator was when I was rummaging through my mom's pictures and found one I didn't know she took of me holding my newborn niece. I didn't look like a human, but I looked like a blob. That was it, I knew I had to make a change.

Another thing you might think about is a bet. Last year, I joined Healthy Wage and basically you wager some money (you choose the value) and you choose a time frame and a weight goal and if you lose the weight, you win, actual cash...really helped me. I dropped 40 lbs and my goal was 30.

Last month, and I don't think you were here for this, I shared my progress pictures and it's really something I encourage everyone to do. Commit yourself to a period...like 3 months, take a before pic and a pic at the 3 month mark. But commit to doing what needs to be done to get there and when you get to that point, you will be shocked. I can promise you, you will be very surprised. I couldn't really SEE the difference, even though my measurements were changing.

Bottom line, don't give up on yourself, you are worth it and you can do it.

Here's a link to last month's thread if you want to see the pictures, it took a lot for me to share them because I'm not where I want to be yet, but I am a LOT closer than I was. I think that spending time here with the team really helps me to think about my goals and how we all have the same goal really: be a better version of ourselves.
    Slimsons Feb
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Today was disappointing. I went to the gym early to try the new Zumba Strong class. Well. Half way through the instructor threw her back out. Class cancelled. Then my body combat class was virtual and not a great workout. To top it off, I feel a cold coming on. Hopefully sauna and aquafit will help tonight
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 3/14
    Track: yes
    Calories: under so far
    Exercise: Yes, treadmill 60 minutes
    Water: 96 oz
  • 99hockeymom
    99hockeymom Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This week so far: under calories, yes, but probably because not feeling great. Two kids were sick and now I think I have it. So
    Excercise: no
    water: barely. Yesterday 60 oz
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday

Track: Yes.
    Calories: Over but I was in a hurry in the morning so I just grabbed something which had a mortifying amount of calories when I checked later on lol so never having that anymore.
    Exercise: No.
    Water: I think around 60 ounces.

Comments: Wasn't the best day BUT I do see an improvement. I took two finals yesterday back to back and I used to eat SO much on those types of days in the past but I was able to control myself much better than before. Last final is on Friday. I'm just making sure to do well today and the rest of the week as well. 192.5 on the scale this morning and I really want to go hard and get to the 180s this month. I'm tired of hovering around the 190s lol.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday
    Track. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercise. Yes 30 minute run
    Water. Yes lots

• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday
    Track. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercise. 3, 1 hour classes at the gym.
    Water. Yes, lots

If you are on my friend's list, you will see I had a total breakdown at the gym today. (lol) If you are not on my friend's list and want a new friend, I'm you're gal. ;) Happy with all requests. So Anyways, I cried this morning at the gym because my favorite trainer and instructor is leaving. So then I cried at home every time I thought about it. This morning was his last morning class but I still had two classes with him this evening. So a few hours before my evening classes I was like, Ok Lisa...you cannot miss these classes but you cannot break down either. Suck it up. So I listened to Muse's "Dead Inside" to dampen my emotions. It totally worked!! Plus, this morning Patrick made a sappy announcement. He didn't do that tonight so it helped. Anways, I KILLED both my classes tonight. If I wasn't leaving for 10 days I would definately be increasing the weights in my Bodypump (Hot Iron) class. I felt like Superwoman. And since I was feeling so strong, I did the step class that followed with a 10 inch step instead of the standard 6-8 inch one. And I wasn't weak on it either. I STILL had the highest kicks and did all the jumps. I just came home, had some dinner and some amazing chocolate. Can you tell I'm feeling a little high right now? :D

On a down note...the scale is not going down but you can't win them all. :D
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @143tobe I am losing my Body Combat instructor. I know exactly how you are feeling.
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Tuesday. (I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread!!!! Sorry!
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yep....80 minutes in the pool
    Water about 90 oz

We are supposed to get hit with a whopper of a snowstorm over the next 12-18 hours. Most likely, school will be closed! We will need to dig ourselves out...hopefully this is the end of winter!!!

Daily post for Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 80minutes in the pool plus some shovelling
    Water about 100 oz

We survived the snowstorm! Hopefully, this will be the end of winter...bring on spring!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Hi, new to this group, sorry I haven't posted at all yet, I haven't been tracking for about a week, and I know I went over all weekend. My son had a hockey tournament out of town, but hockey is done now for the year, and I hope to get my poop in a group now.
    My starting weight for this week is 184.8, I honestly can't remember my starting weight I reported when I joined this group.

Welcome it can be difficult when you have a busy schedule to try all we can do is make small goals for a self everyday and when we achieve those goals we will find by the end of the week that we made a huge success. So don't stress yourself out too much just do what you can and set some short-term goals that you think you are able to achieve wishing you the best of luck on your journey.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    Sunday
    Last Sunday 152.6
    This Sunday feb 12. 152.4
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes. Walking 20 min.

Keep it up and DON'T GIVE UP
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Day/Goals: Good strong day today. Finished with a few hours spent cooking up portioned meals for the rest of the week.
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Water Intake: Yes

Last week I bought myself one of those food vacuum seal thingys. I don't have any refrigeration out in the bush yet, and the hope is I can freeze these sealed portions to get more life out of them in my cooler and spend more time on the land without compromising my dietary plans. I'd actually be happy enough to hunt, but the feral animals on my land are riddled with parasites, the bunnies have myxi or worse and well.. I kinda like having the kangaroos around.

It sure doesn't look very impressive in the photo lol, not considering the hours I put into it all haha. In front are 484cal portions of beef bolognese with cheese, and one of those 612cal chicken meals I posted about a few weeks ago. At the back is my first batch of keto choc icecream and on the left a few lb of scratch made butter chicken.
    tj8qkzltbyrz.jpg

I'd like to say I will add a bit of salad to one of those parcels.. But lets be realistic here. I'll just heat one up in a billy full of water then eat it straight out of the bag while sitting by the fire lol.

Hey Bryce,

Planning and preparing your meals is the way to go. It looks scrumptious to me and I am mot a salad person so I feel you on that regard. Also make sure you get your water in.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise im considering work exercise extremely busy
This discussion has been closed.