Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Daily post Monday
    Track. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercise. Yes, one run and two long walks.
    Water. Yes

Hey everyone! Sorry, I just do not have a lot of time this week and will be gone from Friday the 16th till Monday the 26th. I want to read everyone's updates and progress but just no time right now. :( Sorry!

I will weigh in on Friday but will most likely be missing weigh in for the 23rd.

Everything's going great though! The hardest part will be getting back on track after a vacay. You guys all know how that can be! Keep at it team, you guys rock!!

Enjoy your vacay! I personally know how it can be so just do your best and don't beat yourself up if you miss a day or two on splurging you can always make up for it when you return.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Pw 218.6
    Cw 217.6
    Not what I wanted but it’s not a gain
    Track yes
    Calories was till I hit a birthday party even saving calories it was probably close
    Exercise yes

Exactly stay positive and next week will most,likely be better
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 1 hour Snatch "practice"
    Water Intake: 99 oz

Day/Goals: 1 hour Snatch "practice" -- what really happened was far better than that. I finally FINALLY got the snatch right and moved up to real "bumper" plates. FINALLY! It's been 8 weeks of trying and not succeeding. Now I can work on actually snatching heavy. REALLY happy about this. I mean my gym performance lately has been great, all around great--been hitting and exceeding all of my weight goals and I knew I would get there, but today I decided to try something a little different and it finally happened, super excited.

I am excited for you as well I kmow how it can be when you accomplish all you set out to do
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. 40 minutes Zumba strong. 50 minutes body combat. 45 minutes aqua fit
    Water. 90 ounces
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    memery7 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain net calories? Some days mine are in the negative.

According to MFP: A negative calorie adjustment indicates that you are using fewer calories on a given day than our original MyFitnessPal estimate. The option for allowing negative calorie adjustments can be found by logging in to your account at www.myfitnesspal.com, then clicking "My Home" then "Settings" then "Diary settings"

This is supposed to help you get an idea of where you're headed for the day but the problem I always faced was I was more active at work and then would come home and relax..and was burning a lot less calories than I was before so it was always negative. It's not necessarily a big deal if you are eating a fixed amount and don't eat extra calories when you are exercising, it IS a problem when you are using that to budget your calories. I actually turned it off, and then ultimately disconnected my fitbit later for other reasons.

Hope that makes sense.

I did notice that it was on days that they were negative were when I didn't eat breakfast and had lunch very late. Thank you for explaining it to me.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: Rest day today.

Day/Goals: Today was a rest day. Stayed in my calorie goal, was a good day.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes. Fasting
    Exercise yes 20 min walking
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Daily Post-Wednesday Rest Day
    Track Yes
    Calories Over by a little
    Exercise No

Stressful day plus tied to my desk.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

Enjoy your vacay! I personally know how it can be so just do your best and don't beat yourself up if you miss a day or two on splurging you can always make up for it when you return.

Thank you for your encouragement! I will not be tracking my calories and I will not be on Keto while there. It will be a very social and possibly exotic experience food-wise. I am not setting and limits on myself. My only plan is to only have coffee for breakfast (unless something else is presented to me) and then to hopefully only eat half of what I am served. (unless that is considered rude...I'd better ask a friend before I leave) I will also be drinking hopefully quite a bit while there so I'm just going to be taking a mental count of everything. I hope my friend I'm staying with has a scale so I can keep tabs but I'm afraid to ask.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Username: tinak33
    Week: March Week 2
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week's Weight:172.1
    Current Weight: 171.1

getting back on track and moving in the right direction!!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday

So today was basically an okay day as I was in a lot of pain today but I still have to go to my therapy appointments because I want to stay on track and losing weight and not binging so I made it to my appointment and also I walked two blocks to go pick up my glasses and I was very proud of myself because usually I'll stop and rest after a block but I made it without stopping so YIPPEE for me. I have to take those proud moments when I can.

Track yes
    Calories yes under as always so proud to say that.
    Exercise walking 10 minutes
    Water 94 Oz I got to do better
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post for Thursday

So I just finished eating my breakfast regimen and I remembered that I was supposed to start doing some work out that I created for myself on skimble those who do not know it's a workout app that you can create your own exercise according to your needs so being that I suffer from back and knee pain I put some exercise in there for me. So this morning my workout was supposed to be for 25 minutes I only did 15 but I'm proud of myself maybe tomorrow I'll do better.

Track yes
    Calories yes will be under my meals are prepared for today
    Exercise yes 15 minutes of creative workout on skimble app
    Water I aim to drink 100 ounces
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Wednesday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: stairs at work
    Water: 112 oz

Just trying to get back on track, and my crazy eating, under control.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Daily Post: 3/14
    Exercise: Yes
    Water: Yes

Great day!! I've been having fun cooking again especially with my cast iron skillet. Boy it makes steak amazing!!
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday

Track: Yes.
    Calories: Over by a few.
    Exercise: Yes. 20 minutes on an elliptical
    Water: Around 60 ounces

Comments: Does anyone else cough after doing an intense, endurance-testing exercise lol
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Daily Post: Wednesday

Track: Yes.
    Calories: Over by a few.
    Exercise: Yes. 20 minutes on an elliptical
    Water: Around 60 ounces

Comments: Does anyone else cough after doing an intense, endurance-testing exercise lol

Yes, I do but I’ve got exercise induced asthma.

Yes...I have always had exercise induced asthma too.
  • AB0215
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So I just realized I forgot the Question of the Week!

Baseball is rapidly approaching ( and I'm super excited) so in this spirit, here's the question:

What is your favorite spring or summer sport?

You don't necessarily need to play it either. :)
  • AB0215
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Daily Post ( )

Calories: Yes, but only because I had a very intense workout session and a subsequent active day cleaning house.
    Exercise: Yes, 73 minutes Deadlifts, Thrusters, Rows, Upright Rows, Side Bends

Day/Goals: Had a great and tough workout today. I am into the final 2 weeks of this program cycle and then I will be retesting my max lifts and I am nervous but excited to see where I land. Today's workout was a bit tougher than any of them previously for some reason..maybe it's because I forgot my belt :p
  • jennfalzon1979
    Options
    Daily post Thursday

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under? I think. I am thinking of investing in a Fitbit. I think the calories logged in my fitness pal are not accurate
    Exercise. 1 hour bodypump
    Water. 48 ounces

• jennfalzon1979
    Options
    Question of the week.

Beach volleyball. I start in May and I cannot wait!!!
This discussion has been closed.