• JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 90 minutes in the pool
    Water 110oz

My favourite summer sport...that is tough one. Obviously I love to swim, but I played softball growing up very competitively. Now I coach, but my boys are both good baseball players. However, lacrosse is Canada’s official national sport and since my son started to play, it has been very enjoyable as well. I am pretty biased, but I love summer and I love to watch anything that my kids are involved in. Anything at the beach is also awesome! Bring on summer!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Question of the week.

Beach volleyball. I start in May and I cannot wait!!!
    JJKM02 wrote: »
    I played softball growing up very competitively.

Omg I love volleyball, but I was waaay too short to be any good at that.

Softball. My first love. I played SUPER competitively when I was in high school. I was a beast. Being the first born, my dad pretty much decided I was going to be an athlete...regardless of gender. He was my coach for years, and he could not have been prouder. Then I graduated, started playing on the computer...and well found a love for food...and now here we are :D
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    So I just realized I forgot the Question of the Week!

Baseball is rapidly approaching ( and I'm super excited) so in this spirit, here's the question:

What is your favorite spring or summer sport?

You don't necessarily need to play it either. :)

My favorite sport is racing, both horse and auto.
    I watch both mostly on tv. I am making plans to go to some small local tracks for both this spring and summer.
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Daily Post- Thursday
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes Under
    Exercise Yes 15 min. intentional walk
    Water Yes But I need more I am still thirsty.

Stressful day again today.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    So I just realized I forgot the Question of the Week!

Baseball is rapidly approaching ( and I'm super excited) so in this spirit, here's the question:

What is your favorite spring or summer sport?

You don't necessarily need to play it either. :)

Ahh...baseball brings back such happy memories. Not much baseball here sadly. So running, running is my favorite spring activity. :)

• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Week: March Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight:154.6
    Current Weight: 153.8
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 3/15
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Water: Yes

OK, question of the week...I don't have a favorite spot but I LOVE hiking. Can that be a sport? :)
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hi all, back from the bush again for the weekend (at least) I've got to catch up on the last few days of posting, but I thought I'd start by saying hi and doing my daily.

Daily Post (Friday)
    Day/Goals: Bit of a shocker today TBH.. Got in around 3am last night, woke with a headache and it's only just fading away now. I haven't dared look at a computer screen all day. For the last few days I've had a bit of stress going on and boy am I hungry hahaha. The cat just moved away from me because she didn't like the way I was looking at her. Anyway, I've managed to stave off the comfort food cravings and I have one scale and one non scale victory for the week. Shopping for clothes online my waist measured 7cm less than last measurement. (Nearly 3 inches for you ye olde measurement types) And today I hit 115kg neat. Lets hope I can maintain that for weigh in day tomorrow.. Who wants to bet I'll mysteriously gain a couple of lb in my sleep hahaha.
    Exercise: No
    Water Intake: Yes

Question of the week... Hmm, now that's tough... Been sitting here thinking about it for a while. I don't talk about it much because I don't want it to define who I am. But I was in a bad MV accident some years back and because I'm more of a do'er than a watcher, sport just isn't part of my life anymore. I do have plans to rekindle my passion for adventure and motorsports once I lose enough weight, but just for fun, not competitively. There's only one thing I would stop and watch if I saw it on a TV, and that's Icehockey. And since the NHL season happens in my summer, I'm going with that lol.
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Jenngitch
    Week: February Week 2
    PW = 182.8
    CW= 183.2

not surprised in this increase but am surprised it wasn't more! had a bad week lol
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Thursday

Track: yes
    Calories: no, but I was only over by 6, and I took stairs. So chances are, it's actually a "yes"....
    Exercise: stairs!!
    Water: 112 oz

Feeling motivated and happy to report that baby girl's cold is slowly and finally disappearing. It's still there but it doesn't hinder her sleep. Thankfully!!!
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight: 207.8
    Current Weight: 207.0
  • JJKM02
    Options
    Username JJKM02
    Weigh in week March Week 2
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous weight 306.1
    Current weight 306.6

Sorry Team! I must have hit a stall. I stayed under my calories every day except one. I didn’t eat anything that I wasn’t supposed to and I was in the pool for about five hours this week. I know weight fluctuates and we have ups and downs, but I am not happy with the week’s results! Next week will be awesome!
  • AB0215
    Options
    memery7 wrote: »
    My favorite sport is racing, both horse and auto.
    I watch both mostly on tv. I am making plans to go to some small local tracks for both this spring and summer.

I have a confession to make, I like to watch NASCAR, but not for the race itself. I only like the 15 car pileups. It's kind of impressive to see so many mangled cars..just saying. I know, I'm a terrible person.
  • AB0215
    Options
    JJKM02 wrote: »
    Sorry Team! I must have hit a stall. I stayed under my calories every day except one. I didn’t eat anything that I wasn’t supposed to and I was in the pool for about five hours this week. I know weight fluctuates and we have ups and downs, but I am not happy with the week’s results! Next week will be awesome!

That happens to everyone, but it's important not to give up, also, it's important to know when it's time to make a change. If you have lost a significant amount ( like 30 lbs for example ), then it might be time for an adjustment, but it also, just happens, sometimes we lose, sometimes we don't. There's a scientific reason that's referred to "the whoosh effect" and you might just be holding water in your fat cells and soon, your body will give up that you're not going to refill them. Another thing is, if you're gaining muscle, you might still be losing fat, but not weight--in any case, hang in there, it will happen!! It's far better to hang at a number for a bit, than to give up and go back up!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Friday Slimsons!!

Keep heading towards your goals, even though it's the weekend!!

cmtpjid2h41p.png
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,000 Member
    Options
    @mexiconona, you made your last two posts in team The Big Butt Theory Thread. Thought you would like to know.
  • Fyreside
    Options
    Morning team. Normally my weigh in day starts with a cup of tea and a single dollop of cream. And I wouldn't eat anything until I dropped a bit of water weight through the morning. But to my amazement, the scales are being kind this morning so I'm just going to log it and go enjoy a nice hot brekky for a change. Housemates are away so pants are optional lmao.

Daily Post (Saturday)
    Day/Goals: I really need some me time. So I think I'll spend the weekend de-stressing. Hang out with the cat and chickens and enjoy having the place to myself. No doubt some time will be spent in the shed which is always a good workout anyway.
    Track: Yes.. I don't know if I could stop tracking now, it's become part of life.
    Calories: Yes... Just always.
    Exercise: Definite maybe.
    Water Intake: Yes

Username: Fyreside
    PW =255.7lb
    CW=252.8lb

Last week I proposed a plan, and this is a quick report on that. I did reduce my daily intake from 1800cal to 1600, and I did not successfully implement a daily exercise routine. This week, I will happily continue with the calorie budget, but honestly. Given my frame of mind and reserves of commitment, I can't see the daily gym thing happening. Rather, I will just renew my efforts to spend more time in the shed/bush.

• JJKM02
    Options
    Daily post for Friday
    Track yes
    Calories under...way under if you count the extras I earned through my workout
    Exercise 60 minutes of pound class and about 9000 steps on my Fitbit
    Water about 100 oz
  • Fyreside
    Options
    Just want to do a quick post about a wierd anomaly from this week gone. Truth be told, on several occasions including last night I was a bit naughty with my eating. Generally, I try my best to eat my daily cal budget during daytime hours as I've experienced my best loss that way. But when stressed, I don't sleep and in the very early hours of the morning the cravings are intense. When I break, I don't snack.. I will eat up to 1200cal of my 1600 budget for the day. Which really sux the next day{light} when I doggedly stick to my budget and eat 600cal. And every time I do this, I know I'm making life more difficult for myself. I know I will wake in the morning weighing more than I did yesterday, etc.. Then spend the day feeling hungry.

The anomaly is this.. Lately, I've been working on a keto chocolate icecream recipe. So I've been trying some very simple mixtures, like unsweetened cocoa powder, Natvia sugar substitute and thickened cream mixed together in different proportions. Inevitably during times of stress I find myself sitting up late thinking about this yummy concoction and in a moment of weakness.. making some... and then usually some more..

The bit I don't get is, I wake the next morning.. Weigh in as usual and to my genuine surprise, I weigh less. Like nealy a lb less.. .. 3 nights in a row.. :o Could it be that I've stumbled across the mythical late night choc icecream diet? I'm thinking more investigation is required.. much more. hahaha

P.S. Please don't try this at home.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Daily Post: 3/14
    Exercise: Yes
    Water: Yes

Great day!! I've been having fun cooking again especially with my cast iron skillet. Boy it makes steak amazing!!

It's absolutely amazing how many dishes you can cook in a cast iron skillet. Plus its an easy way to burn calories as well
This discussion has been closed.