Alex's Big Fat Omad Extravaganza

aleroache20
aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
Hi Everyone,

As the thread title suggests, my name is Alexandria, Alex for short. I'm a soon to be 32 year old (less than 2 weeks!) female from the Beautiful Bahamas. I have a ten year old son and I'm currently single.

I have always been pleasantly plump, but I really packed on the weight after the end of my relationship with my son's father. I was in denial to say the least. But at the beginning of 2017, I could no longer bury my head in the sand. I got sick and went to the doctor. As part of the normal procedure, I had to step on the scale. I was 283lbs (5' 4" btw). I could not believe it! I was almost 300 lbs. I was fat! I made up my mind that day to do something about it.

Over the course of 2017, through changes to my diet and exercise, I lost 40 lbs. And that's when life got in the way again. I went on vacation and I enjoyed it. I mean I really enjoyed it! It was two week family vacation that included cruising, and drinks and lots and lots of eating! I gained 15lbs in two weeks. But that is when I found IF. I'd been doing Weight Watchers and while I had some success, it made eating feel like a job. I no longer enjoyed food and that sucked. IF was perfect for me. It gave me the rules I needed but also gave me some control. I didn't need to eat 6,000 times a day and I could eat the big hearty meals I like.

Again, my weight went back down to 252. Then the holidays came and you guys are all to familiar with that. On January 18th, I clocked in at 267. Since then, I recorded my lowest weight this year at the end of February (253.3). I started OMAD on March 14th and weighed in at 258.6. I will weigh in on Saturday mornings. Here's my progress so far:

3/14 - 258.8
3/17 - 254.4

My ultimate goal weight is 150. But I'm aiming to lose 10lbs a month for the next three months as a mini goal. I've been eating my OMAD at 3pm and aim to keep it at under 1500 a day.

After reading through everyone's thread, I decided to start one myself. I love the unconditional support, positive vibes and helpful tips everyone has. I think this will also help to keep me accountable. I look forward to sharing with you and learning with you as I tackle my goals.

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome Alex, this is a great group and I am sure you will fit right in. OMAD is a great WOE and it works. I am sure you will do well.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    We're happy to have you here, Good luck :)
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Hi, Alex! I'm glad you're here. :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    You will do great Alex. Just keep at it and don't get discouraged if you have a bad day or two. Stick with it and you will get there!
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Unconditional support is right! This is a great place to hang out as the people are so nice, encouraging and consistent. Good luck with your journey!
  • aleroache20
    Happy Sunday everyone! Weather is beautiful today so I might hit the beach for the first time in months.

Day 4 was a bit of a challenge yesterday. I had an extremely busy day. I went past my usual eating time and I was starving. Didn't eat till six and of course I overate! An extra 350 calories packed in. Lessons learned:

1. Every day requires a plan. Even weekends!
    2. I can say no to food! Went to a farmers market and didn't have 1 single sample (Yay Me!)

Now onto a better, planned day 5!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Welcome, Alex! Great job on your farmers market victory!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    You're doing great, Alex. :) Reflecting on the day and what steps can be taken to ensure greater success moving forward = progress in my book! You'll be at your goal in no time!
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Awesome rejecting samples at the farmers market!
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Great job! keep up the good work! :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Welcome, Alex!

You are going to knock it out! I can tell!

-Joe
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome Alex!
    You have a great plan. I have been doing this since February and the group members are amazing! I look forward to seeing your progress!
  • aleroache20
    Day 5 in the books. It was truly a lazy Sunday. I nursed a headache most of the day so no beach after all. OMAD was based chicken thigh, white rice, coleslaw and sauteed asparagus. Finished off with a hot chocolate with milk.

I'm having trouble with drinking the Apple Cider Vinegar with my meals. Seems to make my stomach upset. Does it matter what time of day you drink it? Anyone else experience this?
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    I try to drink mine early in the day and haven't had issues. Tracey had mentioned mixing with grapefruit juice, I bought some but haven't tried it yet. Maybe that would work?
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited March 2018
    Sorry it's making your stomach hurt! I have been drinking it daily for years as soon as I wake up. Are you diluting it enough? I started off with a teaspoon in a 16 oz cup of water, and I worked my way up to a tablespoon in a 24 oz cup. I actually really enjoy the taste of vinegar (I'm weird), so I adjusted pretty quickly and enjoy drinking it, but I think a lot of recommendations say to start small.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I mix mine with juice when I do take it. I don't use AVC religiously, perhaps once a week when I remember.
  • aleroache20
    Thanks ladies. I'll try those tips to see what happens...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Day 5 in the books. It was truly a lazy Sunday. I nursed a headache most of the day so no beach after all. OMAD was based chicken thigh, white rice, coleslaw and sauteed asparagus. Finished off with a hot chocolate with milk.

I'm having trouble with drinking the Apple Cider Vinegar with my meals. Seems to make my stomach upset. Does it matter what time of day you drink it? Anyone else experience this?

Nasty stuff. I would only drink it after a meal. I'm not against it, I just don't like it.
  • aleroache20
    Day 6 done. Mondays are usually busy at work so the fasting hours sailed by. Before I knew it, it was 3pm. OMAD today was beef and broccoli, white rice and an orange. Yum!

This morning (day 7), I tried drinking the ACV in water first thing. That's seems to be working better.
  • aleroache20
    blambo61 wrote: »

Nasty stuff. I would only drink it after a meal. I'm not against it, I just don't like it.

Totally agree! I don't think I'll ever enjoy it. But I'll do it for the health benefits...