Options

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow 50 pounds - SO CLOSE !!!! How long have you been doing Keto? Is 50 pounds your ultimate goal? I'd love to hear more about your success story. Congrats on such a super benchmark accomplishment. You are an inspiration to us all.

Thanks Stormy!
    My ultimate goal is 110lbs, so almost half way. Keto has been a life changer for sure!

• eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many great responses and insights!! I love this group!! It's true that my calories are not always at a significant deficit for my BMI - which is around 2050 calories per day. However, what I am experiencing, and this is huge, I have a very easy time staying within a reasonable caloric intake. I struggled with other diets because I was still fighting cravings. If I was consuming any type of bread or sugar it was creating a chemical craving that required willpower to control. My brain was saying, "You just ate that bread and now you want more." With Keto, I don't have to fight cravings because there aren't any. In short, I feel amazing and I am still losing! Maybe not as quickly as I dream of, but if I continue this way of eating then this time next year I will be 35-50lbs lighter, and that puts me at or very near my target weight. And the thing is I have been the weight I am now for 8-10 years!!! It'll work, it's just up to me how fast I get there.
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love this group too! I love hearing what others are doing and seeing if it would work for me as well - I have gotten some really good info.

The last couple of days have been rough for me because socially I have been around a lot of food that I have REALLY wanted. Fortunately, I am past most of the extreme cravings, so it was just mentally difficult. It made me feel so good later after I resisted though! That would not have always happened in the past!!!
  • lorifulton89
    lorifulton89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in. My goal for March is to lose 12 lbs which would put me back in the 250's at 258.
    Feb 28th - 270
    March 4th - 264.8
    March 11th - 264.4
    March 18th
    March 25th
    March 31st
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    HaideeJo and others in our March exercise challenge: I went to the gym today to use a pull up machine. On this machine you can add weight on the machine to assist you in doing pull ups. I set 15 pounds on the machine because I’m 15 pounds from my goal weight. I only did 5 pull ups with the 15-pound assist. “In theory”, that should mean if I was at my goal weight I’d only be strong enough to do 5 Pull ups.

What I love about our pull up challenge is that it encourages me to do two things: 1. Lose weight so I have less of me to pull up. 2. Get stronger so I can lift more of me up. I’m at two, no kidding without assists, pull ups right now. However, I’m not going to lose 15 more pounds by the end of March. So, I’m revising my goal of 8 down to a realistic goal of 4 pull ups by the end of March. Only two weeks to go. Maybe in April I’ll bump it back up to 8 again. Thanks for the challenge.
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was gone, but now I am back! I see I am still on the spreadsheet, can I just update there?
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @Christin09 Yes, of course!
  • NikkiJRM
    Options
    I haven't even tried the pull up bar. I was so frustrated with everything on Sunday afternoon. I really just wanted to say "to hell with the scale!" and maintain for a bit but I decided to do the LCLF. Well, THAT's moving things along, but no exercise allowed! To be honest that was the hardest part at the beginning. I really believe my body was too stressed and I'm happy with this reset. More details on my diet this weekend, and the scale on Sunday morning. Enjoy the weekend, and NO CARB-CHEATING!!
  • jotti101
    jotti101 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love this group too! I love hearing what others are doing and seeing if it would work for me as well - I have gotten some really good info.

The last couple of days have been rough for me because socially I have been around a lot of food that I have REALLY wanted. Fortunately, I am past most of the extreme cravings, so it was just mentally difficult. It made me feel so good later after I resisted though! That would not have always happened in the past!!!

Hiya, I too love this group and good to hear everyone's stories. I also went out a few times last week and thought it would be hard to make the right choices with my food and drinks but I managed it as I was feeling so good about how I looked and felt I didn't want to go back to the old ways. I went grocery shopping yesterday and my trolley was full of only keto friendly food. It feels great and I feel much better and in control at last. Xx
  • Koso2006
    Koso2006 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    03/01: 222.8
    03/04: 222.0 (-0.8)
    03/11: 221.4 (-0.6)
    03/18: 218.6 (-2.8)
    03/25
    03/31

Very happy with this week's loss. Think it is the biggest one I have had since I started back up in January. Really liking the modified Egg Fast that I am doing as well.
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    March 4th: 168.7 lb
    March 11th: 170.2 lb
    March 18th: 172.8 lb
    March 25th
    March 31st
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's finally moving again!

February 28th: 250.6

Sunday 03/04: 245.8 (-4.8)
    Sunday 03/11: 245.8 (-0.0)
    Sunday 03/18: 244.4 (-1.4)
    Sunday 03/25:
    Saturday 31st:
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Koso2006 wrote: »
    03/01: 222.8
    Very happy with this week's loss. Think it is the biggest one I have had since I started back up in January. Really liking the modified Egg Fast that I am doing as well.

Congrats on your loss!! What is the modified egg fast?
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Whoa!!!! The scale really moved this week. The ketosis strips have been consistently reading the next to the darkest purple. I've been working hard on a project and moving constantly. One day I walked across town to my friend's house while pushing a baby stroller. I don't eat heavy in the evenings. One night I even ate ice cream after an especially difficult day, and I eat about a quarter cup of cream cheese in fat bombs every day - which I love!! Feeling good and in control!!

Start Weight: 183.5
    March Goal: 172

Sunday 03/04:
    Sunday 03/11: 181.8 (-1.7)
    Sunday 03/18: 178.6 (-3.2)
    Sunday 03/25:
    Saturday 03/31:
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feeling especially motivated this weekend with the nice spring weather!
    Had to pick up a few clothing items as most of my clothes are too big. Saw the swimming suits and wasn’t instantly repelled. LOL! Didn’t try one but maybe in a few months I will.
    Really want to try intermittent fasting, maybe get out of the 180s by Easter.

SW 10/16- 237.8
    2/28 - 189.6
    3/4- 188.8
    3/11- 187.6
    3/18- 185.2
    3/25
    3/31
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    One step backwards and Three steps forward. Last week I gained a pound and this week I lost three. This week I was very careful logging and monitoring my macros and calories. I feel one of these days soon I’ll be able to eat more intuitively and not be so intentional, but that day will have to come after I reach my goal. My goal is only 15.6 pounds away. That is about the weight of my bowling ball.

This is my 11th week of keto and I’ve lost a total of 34.4 pounds. I think a realistic goal to lose my extra bowling ball of weight should be another 10 weeks. That would require an average of about 1.5 pounds per week.

Hopefully we’ll all still be on this thread, posting our Sunday weigh ins, in June when I reach my goal of 50 pounds or 3.33 bowling balls.

111636681.png

• NikkiJRM
    Options
    YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I love waking up to lots of progress in this challenge!! You guys inspire me!! Spreadsheet is updated and all set up for input. My weigh-in will come in a bit later as I'm quite busy at the moment. I look forward to many more awesome results!

Also, I'm going to share my meal from yesterday. It was the first thing I ate this week that gave me life. Hasta luego
  • sandyh1414
    sandyh1414 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone

Starting 2/28 164 lbs

March 4th - 162.5 (lowest I have been in 10 years)
    March 11th - 161.5. (A loss is a loss)
    March 18th - 158 (yay me, finally)
    March 25th
    March 31st
    Total loss - 1 lb.

I got this!

Have a great week everyone! Whoop whoop!!!