Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Oh I agree about the processed chunks of meat. You described them perfectly slimy (gag). Otherwise your meal looked good!!!! Chocolate and watermelon, hmmm you never know! Let me know if you try it!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You're doing great :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    I agree, @blambo61! I know I am doing my body much better by eating chocolate-dipped fruit over 3-4 brownies. Even if the calories were the same, the nutrition profile is significantly better, and I do care about that.

@dkayingram omg that turkey was SO gross. The last time I had deli meat was in early elementary school, and I cannot imagine eating a sandwich full of it everyday like many people do for lunch. The texture alone was so weird.
    Watermelon will be in season here in April, so I will try it out and report back!

@Brendalea69 thank you!
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thanks, @dkayingram! You are SO right about watermelon! I could live off of those, mangoes, pineapple, and kiwi! I wonder if watermelon would taste good in chocolate...

I'm with on pineapple, kiwi and especially watermelon. But mangoes not so much. We have them growing wild here in The Bahamas and I haven't touched one in years. Watermelon is my absolute favorite fruit though.

You're doing so well Britt...almost in another decade. KUTGW.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Watermelon and chocolate? How can that not be good?
    lmbo
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @aleroache20!

@sammygold2015 I don't know! I was thinking that it might be too sweet? The other fruits I enjoy have a tartness to them while watermelon doesn't. I'm fine being the guinea pig, though!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I think everything is good with chocolate... but that could just be me. :D
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 6 (3/20): 149.5 lbs | 5.5/25 pounds gone!

No picture today, but I indulged in those nachos I was craving. I had intentions of waiting and I looked over several other options to see if I could be appeased otherwise, but nope - nachos were what stuck. And I had a small maple cookie as well. Not sure what the scale will say tomorrow, but I am hoping to at least maintain. I really don't want to see 150 again, especially considering the fact that my body didn't fight me like it usually does!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the show, but I love your cute little cottage! And I agree with the weather thing, where I live is a similar climate to where you live (though if you're in S. Florida you're probably even a little warmer) and I could never ever go back to the snow and cold. Just the thought of visiting makes me shiver! Good luck with your new plan...
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Woohoo 149.5, you are blowing it away. No more 150's
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome!!! WOW!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @minigrrll I know, right?! I spent last Christmas in NYC, and I enjoyed seeing all of the attractions, but walking outside was like some unspeakable torture. I can't imagine I used to go through that EVERY year for MONTHS at a time! I sound like such a wimp now, but I just could not do that again. A shiver just ripped through me, too!

@tlblanksfit I really hope so! I'm back down to 149 today, so I am hoping this really sticks this time. I would love to say I left the 150s behind for good this month!

@dkayingram thank you!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Officially in the 140s! You're a rock star, Britt. :)
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yay for a lower decade of pounds!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I think you're in the 140's for good :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks so much, ladies! I tried eating exactly what I was craving again today, and I am hoping I will still be in the 140s in the morning!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 7 (3/21): 149.0 lbs | 6/25 pounds gone!

utut5ulaebzu.jpg

I ate around 1 PM today because I was in class during my normal eating time and didn't think I could make it until 6:30 when it ended. I ate about 3/4 of the veggie burger and all of the fries and ketchup. I also had a small diluted lemonade since there were no fruits available, and I didn't want to start back with eating heavier desserts (especially since I indulged in a cookie instead of fruit yesterday), so I figured that was a decent compromise for appeasing my sweet tooth. It did the trick. I had an espresso shot as my digestif.
    Hoping to still be in the 140s tomorrow. If I can actually eat exactly what my body is craving during my OMAD and still continue to lose, I will be ECSTATIC! I know the point is that you can eat whatever you want, but that IE principle is still a bit scary to me as someone coming from a disordered eating past. Rejecting the diet mentality is definitely the hardest for me to incorporate into my life.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I still have a hard time with the "Eating whatever you want" but I swear, some day I'm going to do just that but I think I will wait until I get down to 122...I hope the scale is good to you tomorrow o:)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @Brendalea69 That's what I'm thinking! Some day, I will definitely do exactly that when I really have a handle on my weight. If I gain tomorrow, I will go back to indulging my healthier cravings. I can figure out how to eat whatever I want in maintenance like you. I need to get there first, and that's more important to me right now than losing super slowly just for the sake of eating nachos and burgers everyday when I can be just as happy with lower-calorie, lower-sodium, and lower-carb options.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity...what class are you taking?