Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    OMG the burger looks yum! Fingers crossed you will still be in the 140s today!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    @ArizonaToast I’m a doctoral student, so I take 4 classes each semester. I’m taking quantitative and qualitative methods classes, a social psychology class, and a language policy and planning class.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Nice new picture Britt!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Today’s weigh-in: 149.8
    This is a bittersweet one because I am SO happy to not be in the 150s after a larger meal, but I am now freaked out about how little I will be able to eat when I am at my goal weight. The meal was heavier but still relatively low calorie-wise (definitely <1000 and I didn’t even eat it all), and if that causes a gain, I can’t imagine how little I will need at 130. Exercise will definitely not be optional for me it seems!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @tlblanksfit!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you, but when I have fries and ketchup I retain water for a little while because of the salt. I don't believe it is true weight gained, don't get discouraged, by that little bitty bounce. You have this.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @brittdee88 Sounds very busy. How far away are you from your dissertation?
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the salt/water retention thing. For me, it doesn't take much to make a upward tick. I bet it will be gone tomorrow! You are doing great!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Im sure it's just water weight, I think it all depends on what we're eating and not how much whether we have a loss or not. Once you get to maintenance you'll get to experiment and see what works for you, you might be surprised and get to eat more than you think :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Salt and Carbs will get you every time, I know they do me. It took me two days and then the whoosh and it was gone. Hoping the same for you. Don't be discouraged.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement, ladies. You all are definitely right about water weight because there is no way I could've actually gained as I ate nowhere near my TDEE let alone above it. And almost all of my meals before that one and the nachos were homemade where I could control the salt myself. I'm getting into busy season again, so I won't be able to cook as much, so I really need to keep that in mind and not freak out. This is why this community is so helpful -- even when I wasn't following OMAD, I didn't want to leave! I love y'all!

@ArizonaToast I am just in my second semester, but I have started working on sections of it already. I refuse to be in the ABD phase for longer than a year, so I am hoping to be completely done and interviewing for faculty positions by spring of 2021.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hooray for still being in those 140s! A victory is still a victory. :) You're doing awesome.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @sunnycobayo :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 8 (3/22): 149.8 lbs | 5.2/25 pounds gone!

l9pnc9dr9m5t.jpg

Hoping to see this bump-up gone in the morning!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Omg, those apples are making my mouth water!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    <3
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Fingers crossed for your bump to be gone!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    148.6 today and so happy I got my whoosh! I have officially lost more than a quarter of the weight I want to lose to get to goal, and I am excited to get rid of the other three!
    It's been uncharacteristically chilly for the past couple of days, so I am planning on making some chicken soup in the IP for today's OMAD.
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Britt you're doing great! That grapefruit looks delicious. :) Is that chocolate on your apples?
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    You are doing so great. I knew that bump wouldn't last for long. Whoosh, be gone!