March Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Y'all are so awesome, and reading this thread reminds of me of why we all fight so hard! <3

Kudos all the way around, whether you're losing, maintaining, or gaining - if you're still here, high five!

No matter if you're struggling, keeping pace, or chugging right along - you're still doing something.

Whether you're researching, keeping things the same, trying something new, or a combo therein, you're still in gear.

Whether you're doing something, nothing, or thinking about it - you're still thinking about your health.

IMO, weight loss is SO MUCH MORE OF A MIND GAME than anything else. Once you get your mindset healthy and in gear, the weight loss and health gains cannot help but follow - so if you're struggling to do anything else, focus on the mental game...

So kudos to all, high fives all around, and let's keep this party going....all the way to healthier selves! <3
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i still stuck at 3 dragon flags, and i guess i am not able doing 5 of them by the end of march...

never thought, they are that *kitten* hard to achieve :s
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Thanks from all of us hanging on in there! <3
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do intermittent fasting? Does it matter if you change your fasting window frequently??
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    mznik114 wrote: »
    Does anyone do intermittent fasting? Does it matter if you change your fasting window frequently??

I like IF. Usually I eat only two meals per day in a 6 hour eating window. I break my fast about 11:00am with meal one and I try to eat by 5:00pm to start my 16 hour fast. I do this almost every day. However, occasionally I slip in a One Meal A Day (OMAD).

My OMADs are usually the results of very busy days when I have scheduled events that make meal prep or planning difficult. On OMAD days I've been able to fast as much as 24 hours. In my opinion 24 hour fasting is a little extreme but life events sometimes makes it a practical thing to do.

For me the 16 -18hr fast has worked well. It took me about four weeks to get to the point where I had confidence to do only two meals a day. The first 4 weeks I had 3 meals per day. Now I've become quite use to and comfortable with only 2 meals. I'm currently only in week 12 of keto so I don't have a huge sample size to confirm IF is good for everyone. However, for me it seems to be an important part of the success I've enjoyed with keto.

I love eating high fat. It gives me the ability to NOT get hungry. Hunger has been the ruin of all of the previous weight management attempts I've tried. I certainly couldn't succeed with fasting if I couldn't control my hunger. I <3 keto.
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 Thanks a lot!!! I currently do 16:8 but sometimes I stretch it longer...wasn't sure if changing my fasting window matters. I'll try being strict this week....set hours. I really love IF and am shocked that I am able to fast so long
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Goodness me, I just logged my weight and found that this is the last Sunday for March, where oh where did that March go?? I'll post the April Challenge this week as next Sunday is 1st April, many of us will probably post 31st March as well. I have actually lost this week, now we all know what happens next, I go up again, still for today and today only, I'm 155.8 yippee!! :)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Oh and for those of you that remember such a long time ago (4th December), we are still in the rental after the fire but a load of our clothes have arrived. I've started going through them to see what I want to keep and what to give away, which necessitates trying on everything and a load of things are far too big!! One happy bunny!
  • sandyh1414
    sandyh1414 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone

Starting 2/28 164 lbs

March 4th - 162.5 (lowest I have been in 10 years)
    March 11th - 161.5. (A loss is a loss)
    March 18th - 158 (yay me, finally)
    March 25th - 156.5 (whoop whoop!)
    March 31st
    Total loss - 7.5 lb.

I got this!

Have a great week everyone!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I logged another loss this week. I'm glad stuff is moving in the right direction again.
    I'm feeling under the weather right now, but we're headed out to a report card celebratory breakfast with the kids.

Feb 28th - 194.8
    March 4th - 193.4
    March 11th - 193.0
    March 18th - 189.0
    March 25th - 187.4
    March 31st

Still @0 pull ups. I'm working on just the grip. LOL I should have done planks. Maybe I'll do planks this week!! I'll start at 30 seconds.
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    March 4th: 168.7 lb
    March 11th: 170.2 lb
    March 18th: 172.8 lb
    March 25th: 172.8 lb
    March 31st
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ack! We had a major event at our house last Sunday. I fell of Ketosis and haven't managed to get back on yet. Then I got my period and that explained a lot in terms of cravings and feeling like I couldn't get enough to eat! Can any of you speak to menses and Keto? Do you have a harder time before, during or after your cycle? I generally get ravenously hungry right before and for the first 2-3 days. I'm through the weeds now and back on track but I menstruate every 23-25 days, so it's a bit of 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. Anywho, I'm taking a break from social engagements. I think I'm being really good but it's hard to know for certain as I can't account for the exact macros of what I'm eating.

Start Weight: 183.5
    March Goal: 172

Sunday 03/04:
    Sunday 03/11: 181.8 (-1.7)
    Sunday 03/18: 178.6 (-3.2)
    Sunday 03/25: 179.0 (+0.4)
    Saturday 03/31:
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I’m in the 160s at 169.0 this week. This is week 12 of keto for me. In 3 months of keto I’ve lost 35.4 pounds, 11.6 % body Fat and I’m getting dangerously close to a healthy BMI. Not all good news though, my Tanita scale tells me I’ve lost about 1 pound of muscle mass in the process. I’m not that concerned about that small loss of muscle. I’ll trade 35 pounds of fat for 1 pound of muscle any day.

Next month I’m going to set a lower weight loss goal as I anticipate a slower weight loss rate as I approach my goal weight. So, I’m going for 4 pounds in April. My goal is to be like some of the other 50-pound losers on our thread like HaideeJo or River Goddess. I <3 keto and I <3 this thread.

111636681.png

• pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow March has just flown by. I'm getting close to my first big goal of seeing the 1's for the first time in a long time. I'm seeing the possibilities long term but I'm keeping my primary focus on my month to month small goals. For me it help's me focus and doesn't seem so far away.

January 1: 266
    January 31: 249
    February 27: 240.5

Sunday 03/04: 240 (-.5)
    Sunday 03/11: 238 (-2)
    Sunday 03/18: 233.9 (-4.1)
    Sunday 03/25: 229.7 (-4.2)
    Saturday 31st:

March Goal: 229

Have a great last "week" of March everyone! :p:p;)
  • caras12
    caras12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feb 28th - 194
    March 4th - 193
    March 11th - 190.4
    March 18th 187.8 ( past my goal weight for the month)
    March 25th 189.2 (+ 2.6)
    March 31st

I blame peanut butter, I’ve been overindulging in it
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Great job everyone! Some of you have logged some awesome losses! I'm moving in the right direction. At one point this week I was down to 164 (that's 11 pounds from where I started in January) but have since come back up a bit. Today I think I have a bit of a stomach bug with bloating and abdominal tenderness so it's not a good day to weigh in. I've been really good with keeping on track with macros and IF. Getting plenty of good sleep and exercise too. All that combined has been the key for me. Having this board and the weigh-in chart keeps me motivated! Here's to another good week! Happy spring!
  • shizzlebeef
    shizzlebeef Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1/04/2018 SW 256.5

3/04/2018 226 lbs
    3/11/2018 230 lbs
    3/18/2018 230 lbs
    3/25/2018 225 lbs

Maaaaybe I can hit 220 by Saturday. This is it for March! I also got my 2 brothers doing keto too!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @shizzlebeef that's right, get everyone on it!!
  • NikkiJRM
    Options
    @eggfooyamyam I am ravenous right before shark week. I also tend to retain water right before and during the first few days. It's actually one of the reasons I weigh myself everyday. I have a short 23-24 day cycle so my weigh-ins fluctuate a lot and I like knowing if it's hormone related or something else. Also, eating LC hasn't affected my desire to eat everything in the house, I just have other options. Like instead of eating an entire family size Symphony bar, I'll eat a bowl of pork rinds or I'll fry cheese. I also remind myself to drink plain herbal tea. Especially anything with mint seems to help curb the cravings for me. Actually I managed to not gain a single ounce this cycle and actually consistently lost. I think it's the tea I've been drinking.
  • NikkiJRM
    Options
    "Frying cheese". If anyone has never had "Queso de Freir" I suggest you find a market with some latino foods in a dairy case. The brand is Tropical, Iberia or LaFe. It's a block of white cheese similar looking to mozzarella but firmer. You slice it up and fry it, no breading or coating necessary. It's absolutely delicious. It's one of the staples of a Dominican Sunday Breakfast.

Paneer & especially Haloumi are good subs for it.