Alex's Big Fat Omad Extravaganza

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    That is still great progress Alex. I like challenges myself as they always cause me to focus a little more. You will do great!
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Day 1 of the challenge was a success. I had Chinese takeout for my OMAD. Only 6 more days to go.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Mmmmmm! Chinese sounds good!
    Great job on sticking to your challenge -- you've got this!
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    keep up the good work! :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    That was a great loss Alex. Good luck with your challenge this week!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    mmmmm chinese food!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Awesome!!! :)
  • aleroache20
    I'm back after a three day birthday celebration which included with dinner on Sunday, swimming with the pigs and sharks (so fun!) on Monday and another dinner last night (with cake and ice cream to boot). While I enjoyed myself, I was pretty nervous about the damage I was doing to my OMAD progress. While I stuck to OMAD, the drinks did spill over into my fasting time >:).

I stepped on the scale this morning the access the damage. I'm up 1.8lbs which was much less than I was expecting. I'm going to go low carb until weigh in day as I had more than my fair share in the past 3 days.
  • dkayingram
    That is not bad at all! I am sure you will lose it and more by your way in day! Glad you had a great birthday celebration.

Where did you swim with pigs? That sounds fun!!!
  • aleroache20
    It's on an island here in The Bahamas called Exuma. They have wild pigs that swim up to you. Same thing with the sharks.Here's the link if you want to check it out. http://www.exumawatertours.com/
  • dkayingram
    OMG that is amazing......Another reason to go to the Bahamas!!! WOW!!!
  • Brendalea69
    3 days, that's how I celebrate my birthday minus the pigs and sharks :p
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a Hell of a lot of fun!
  • aleroache20
    OMAD today was a herb roasted chicken breast and wing with sauteed broccoli, cabbage and carrots. I drank some hot chocolate to round out the meal.
  • aleroache20
    I kept my word and kept it low carb on Thursday. Unfortunately yesterday I was put in a trance by some hot cross buns and 4 ended up in my belly. :o:s. :| Needless to say, stepping on the scale was nerveracking. I was pleasantly surprised though. I weighed 5 times to be sure...

The Results are in...

3/14 - 258.8
    3/17 - 254.4
    3/24 - 253
    3/31 - 251.8

Can I just say how much I love Omad? I lost 1.2 after a gain of 1.8 from my bday festivties and yesterday's carb fest!

This week's 7/7 challenge will be repeated next week as I didn't complete it. Looking forward to a successful week and being in the 240s at my next weigh in.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Awesome job, Alex! OMAD really is amazing. It's so simple that I think we try to make it more complicated than it really needs to be! Good luck with sticking to it this week! I have the same goal myself :)
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Fabulous result, Alex! And I second the enchantment factor of hot cross buns; I have to avoid them altogether... :s
  • Brendalea69
    edited April 2018
    You're having some good weekly losses, KUTGW I think you'll be in the 240's next week :)
  • dkayingram
    WOW Alex I totally see 240s in your future! You are doing amazing!
  • aleroache20
    Busy week behind me and a busy day ahead. Just wanted to pop in quickly to update my progress.

The Results are in...

3/14 - 258.8
    3/17 - 254.4
    3/24 - 253
    3/31 - 251.8
    4/7 - 249.6

So this week, I broke into a new decade and smashed my 7/7 challenge (seven days of OMAD without deviation). Needless to say, I am pumped for next week. Next week's challenge will be implement 3 low carb days. Wish me luck!