Options
    Good morning again

Feb 28th - 270
    March 4th - 264.8
    March 11th - 264.4
    March 18th - 263.0
    March 25th - 261.0
    March 31st

My goal for the month is to lose 12 pounds. So far, I have lost 9 lbs.

I felt like my weightloss had stalled since the first week so I started walking last week and I added intermittent fasting. This seemed to help me get past the plateau but then I contracted a spring head cold and have not felt well enough to do much walking. Hopefully I will get over this illness soon and can get back to my plan. The good news that I have not strayed from my keto eating. I am doubtful that I will make my goal by the end of this month, but I am thankful for the progress I have made so far and look forward to the April challenge. :)

Have a great week everyone!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @lorifulton89 You've lost 9lbs so far. That's WONDERFUL!!!
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    @lorifulton89 You've lost 9lbs so far. That's WONDERFUL!!!

I agree! Great job! 9lbs in not even a whole 30 days is FANTASTIC!!! See you in April ;)
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @NikkiJRM love fried (and raw Haloumi)! great new picture by the way!
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    mznik114 wrote: »
    Does anyone do intermittent fasting? Does it matter if you change your fasting window frequently??

I IF 16:8 on most days. I am not sure about the pros/cons of changing your fasting window, but I have read in a few places that it is not advisable for women to go beyond 16 hours in their regular fasting because of hormonal changes and muscle loss that can occur beyond 16 hours. (this is not talking about occasional longer fasts, just regular, daily IF)

I don't have back up links or scientific info on this, just something I read a few times that may be worth checking into!
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks @KristinLeeD !!
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hope to finish off strong next week...

February 28th: 250.6

Sunday 03/04: 245.8 (-4.8)
    Sunday 03/11: 245.8 (-0.0)
    Sunday 03/18: 244.4 (-1.4)
    Sunday 03/25: 244.6 (+0.2)
    Saturday 31st:
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post a video of me doing 5 pull ups today. However, I ran into two problems. First, I captured the floor instead of me in the first video I attempted. I did 5 pretty good full pull ups, but you’ll just have to take my word for it. The second video attempt captured me doing 4 sloppy pull ups. They were really ugly but following my motto, “If you’re not cheatin you’re not tryin”, they are officially documented on my second video.

However, again you’ll have to take my word for it as, I can’t figure out how to post a video on our thread. I’m not sure it is possible? If anyone knows how and can explain it in “ internet for dummies” terms let me know.

Anyway, for those in our Get-R-Done exercise challenge group, I met my goal of 4 pull ups by the end of March. My next goal will be to do 8 pull ups by the end of April and learn how to post it on MFP.

• eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @NikkiJRM Thanks for the response. I love mint tea and I love Pork Rinds, especially the ones they sell at World Market, their cheap and come in delicious flavors. I've also had the fried Queso Cheese - I heard about it from Ruled Me - I couldn't believe I got to eat that guilt free!!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    darn it, I knew it was too good to last.....my weight has gone up .5 of a pound each day for two days, WTH. No reason that I can think of and very annoying when I'm feeling saint-like and not even having a sip of wine, maybe that's the problem??? :'(
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Ack! We had a major event at our house last Sunday. I fell of Ketosis and haven't managed to get back on yet. Then I got my period and that explained a lot in terms of cravings and feeling like I couldn't get enough to eat! Can any of you speak to menses and Keto? Do you have a harder time before, during or after your cycle? I generally get ravenously hungry right before and for the first 2-3 days. I'm through the weeds now and back on track but I menstruate every 23-25 days, so it's a bit of 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. Anywho, I'm taking a break from social engagements. I think I'm being really good but it's hard to know for certain as I can't account for the exact macros of what I'm eating.

Start Weight: 183.5
    March Goal: 172

Sunday 03/04:
    Sunday 03/11: 181.8 (-1.7)
    Sunday 03/18: 178.6 (-3.2)
    Sunday 03/25: 179.0 (+0.4)
    Saturday 03/31:

@eggfooyamyam - Remember that your body literally has to take the resources you give it to BUILD NEW RED BLOOD CELLS AND PLATELETS TO REPLACE WHAT YOU ARE LOSING.... Hence the increase in hunger. Specifically, if I recall, you need iron, vitamin C, and B12. So if you're craving meat, red meat, and any veggies of color, this makes sense why...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I wanted to post a video of me doing 5 pull ups today. However, I ran into two problems. First, I captured the floor instead of me in the first video I attempted. I did 5 pretty good full pull ups, but you’ll just have to take my word for it. The second video attempt captured me doing 4 sloppy pull ups. They were really ugly but following my motto, “If you’re not cheatin you’re not tryin”, they are officially documented on my second video.

However, again you’ll have to take my word for it as, I can’t figure out how to post a video on our thread. I’m not sure it is possible? If anyone knows how and can explain it in “ internet for dummies” terms let me know.

Anyway, for those in our Get-R-Done exercise challenge group, I met my goal of 4 pull ups by the end of March. My next goal will be to do 8 pull ups by the end of April and learn how to post it on MFP.

@stormywxs288

My understanding is that to post the video, you'll have to upload it to a site somewhere... When youtube videos are posted here, it's actually the URL that gets posted, and it pulls up the video.

So you just need to put it somewhere on the internet, then cut and paste the link here, or use the "chain link" button at the top of the chat window here...

On my screen I have:
    B (bold)
    I (italics)
    S (strikethrough)
    1.2.3. (for numbering a list)
    * * * (for bulleting a list)
    The paragraph symbol (for quoting coding, spoiler, according to options.)
    :smile: (for the smiley options that don't cut as code)
    chain links (for posting clickable links)
    the page with upper right corner folded down (to include pictures)
    The "picture" image - another image choice
    and then the three paragraph options for left, center, and right alignment.

So the chainlink is what you'd need to post your video.
  • stormywxs288
    Options

@KnitOrMiss: Thanks: If you ever apply for a job at "Internet for Dummies" and need a reference I'm your man. Great instructions! However, I'm not sure the youtube audience is ready for a video of me trying to do pull ups. I was reluctant enough for our small group to see me straining through pull ups much less the whole youtube universe. Maybe I'll start out with a youtube show of strength video of me opening a pickle jar. I think my maiden voyage on youtube will have to wait until I gain a little more confidence. :/
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I missed the 25th!
    Starting: 153 (Jan 2018 - did not get serious about Keto until mid-February)
    Goal: Lose 2 lbs per week until I reach 115-120 depending on muscle gained (5'1" tall)
    1/01: 153
    3/04: 142
    3/11: 139 (-3)
    3/18: 137.6 (-1.4)
    3/25: 136.4 (-1.2)
    3/31:

Slowly moving along - The "extra bites" I keep taking are not helping - but I log EVERYTHING, so at least I can see where I'm blowing it!
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss: Thanks: If you ever apply for a job at "Internet for Dummies" and need a reference I'm your man. Great instructions! However, I'm not sure the youtube audience is ready for a video of me trying to do pull ups. I was reluctant enough for our small group to see me straining through pull ups much less the whole youtube universe. Maybe I'll start out with a youtube show of strength video of me opening a pickle jar. I think my maiden voyage on youtube will have to wait until I gain a little more confidence. :/

@stormywxs288

Thank you for the compliment! I do appreciate it.

That being said, you can actually load a video onto YouTube with a variety of privacy settings. I used to have to do this with my daughter's dance routine videos, mainly for reasons like...
    1. we didn't "own" rights to the music - the studio did, for practice and performance only, not not rehearsal videos.
    2. it was a whole bunch of minors in dance clothing...recipe for public disaster...
    3. it just was not for public consumption.

The more common options I used to use or knew about:
    • You can have it so that only you can see it.
    • You can have it so that people have to subscribe to you before they can see it. (this could be an option for those of us here who regularly follow each other's progresses)
    • You can have it so that only one link will access it (this would probably be the best, here)
    • You can obviously set it up as public, shareable, etc.

So, you can absolutely put it up on YouTube and link it here, if you want to do so. If you can't figure out the settings, tag me in another message, and I'll go look to refresh my memory on the different settings.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    @stormywxs288 Make sure you keep that video. That's a progress "before". I'm so glad to took & kept photos of myself. They're a great reminder of what you can accomplish when you don't quit.

Oh how I've wanted to quit this month. So glad I didn't.

7/12/17 @262.2 (5 days before starting keto):
    h0kxccnepqw3.jpg

2/3/18 @197.4
    aj03bqaoidnd.jpg

@NikkiJRM

No lie, lady, I just had to do a double check, then an absolutely stunned third glance.

This is some incredible progress to be proud of!!! Yay!
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @NikkiJRM
    You are stunning and GLOWING!!! Thank you for the constant inspiration!!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @NikkiJRM You are looking so youthful and healthy!! Gorgeous :heart:
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    @NikkiJRM WOW. What a difference over 76 pounds and 250 days of dedication to MFP has made for you. You are the picture of health we are aspiring to be. I wanna-b like you some day.