TEAM: Gutbusters (March)

Options

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    March 28:
    Exercise: yes (personal best on steps, plus strength and stretching)
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

First day with family went well. We ate at a seafood restaurant which made it rather easy to meet my goals. There wasn't enough wind for paragliding, so we ended up at the zoo, but it was a targeted visit, with the route planned to avoid the steelest hills. However, I had already walked my 8500 goal before we got to the zoo.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Username: aeloine
    Week: 4
    Last week's weight: 221.4
    This week's weight: 221
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    March 29
    Exercised?: Yes. 5km in 37mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Good pace walk today. Weighed in light this morning (still over 64kg, but not by much).

Busy day with work. Looking forward to Easter long weekend.

Daily Strength challenge

"Challenge for March 29 is squats (no weight - air squat - http://www.12minuteathlete.com/how-to-do-a-proper-air-squat/).
    You can do assisted squats (using a table or bench top to take weight off the knees if it is too much)."

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 595 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Username: Stimpy56
    Week: MAR WK 4
    Weigh day: Thursday
    Previous week: 236.0
    Current weight: 236.0

Happy Easter Team!
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    After several days of unusual hunger and just trying to keep below maintenance in calories, I finally had a good day. I didn’t feel famished or deprived. I ate just under my calories and then added some gym time.

Every two weeks or so, I have a few hungry days. I just try to get on the other side, keep my eye on the prize, and stay motivated. It’s been working since October. I do wonder if any of you experience these hungry days or have any theories. It’s not lack of protein or added stress...
  • parinzz
    parinzz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Username: parinzz
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous week's weight: 140.0
    Current weight: 140.0
  • parinzz
    parinzz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @eevang I 100% can relate. I think for different people as well as at different times in one person's life, there are different reasons for these "hunger days." Sometimes it's stress, other times-lack of a nutrient-whether it's protein, carbs, fat, sodium, etc., or it could even be just normal hormonal changes, you exercised more, the list goes on and on.
    I think you are smart and motivated to remind yourself of your goal and keep at it when these unexpected hunger urges creep up on you. I think it happens to a lot of us, it definitely does for me. Keep it up :smile:
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Username: alydanbeads
    Weigh in Week: Week 4
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 139.6
    Today’s weight: 139.6
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Happy weigh-in day to my fellow Friday-ers @typeitdaily @tdrjustus3 @fe452436 @moyMG @alydanbeads @szymanskicolleen and @abbynsydneysmom !
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    eevang wrote: »
    After several days of unusual hunger and just trying to keep below maintenance in calories, I finally had a good day. I didn’t feel famished or deprived. I ate just under my calories and then added some gym time.

Every two weeks or so, I have a few hungry days. I just try to get on the other side, keep my eye on the prize, and stay motivated. It’s been working since October. I do wonder if any of you experience these hungry days or have any theories. It’s not lack of protein or added stress...

I have two versions of this. One seems to be hormonal and is becoming a good predictor of both ovulation and mentrual onset.

The other is if I am very under on calories for a few days. As long as I can make it through, this one tends to be gone by morning as long as I eat right at my calorie limit. I am not sure that I would recommend that if your diet isn't for medical reasons.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 30
    Exercised?: Yes. 6km in 50mins (hills)

OK pace walk today. Stopped midway to do more flying.

Rebuilt a quad today that had been crashed and had a bent frame. Took most of the day to arrange the components, assemble and test. Things did not want to fit.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 30 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Username: fe452436
    Previous week weight: 192 lbs
    This week: 193 lbs
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Username: typeitdaily
    Weigh In Week: Week 5
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 242.4 pounds
    Current Weight: 242.4 pounds
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Previous weight: 143
    This week: 143
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I got the email about the MFP privacy breech. Is anyone concerned about it?
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous week's weight: 202
    Current weight: 200

So close to onederland! Really thought I might make it but next week for sure.

@szymanskicolleen - yes and no, whilst it does sound like a significant data breach it's sadly not uncommon on any account based websites these days, so it's important to keep your passwords updated on a regular basis and to vary them as much as you can without forgetting!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 31
    Exercised?: Yes. Setup of drone race track and a day's drone racing.

Good day. Nice weather and not too windy. Flying skills seem to be improving.

New month starts tomorrow.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 31 is door frame rows ()

3 sets
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
    • Third set

The reason for this exercise is push ups and dips work primarily the triceps (pushing). This exercise balances the others by working the biceps (pulling).
  • craigo3154
    Options
    I got the email about the MFP privacy breech. Is anyone concerned about it?

@szymanskicolleen. MFP are doing the appropriate "duty of care" in informing people of the security breach.

As for whether this of major concern is a different matter (part of my professional life involves IT security).

What was stolen includes one-way hashed passwords with salt. The way a password is determined as correct is that the entered password has the users salt data added then processed by the one way hash process. The resultant binary data is compared against the users stored binary password data and if matched, then the login is successful.

What this means is that the password cannot be retrieved without a brute force attack (ie. running it against a dictionary). The salt means that even if 2 users have the same password, the one-way hashed password result is different. Each password must be checked against each attempt with salt added. This makes orders of magnitude harder (and often not worth the effort, even if the cracker can do in excess of 10,000 passwords attempts per second - and yes some can). The longer and more involved your password (upper/lower case, numbers, special characters), the less likely it is to be able to be decrypted even by a brute force attack.

A full brute force attack on a hard to guess 8 character password with numbers, special characters, upper and lower case that can check 1,000,000 passwords per seconds would take on average 1100 *YEARS*. With the salt this is to do *ONE* users password. Each extra character cumulatively multiplies this timeframe by about 100.

As there is no financial data listed as stolen, there is not enough data stolen to conduct identity theft. At worst if your email password is the same as your MFP password *AND* your MFP password was easy to guess, then MAYBE you may be of enough interest to have an issue.

As a precaution, change any password that is the same as your MFP password that is associated with your email address AND change your MFP password.

The biggest coup from the hackers standpoint is the email addresses matched with names. This can be sold as an interest list to spammers (people interested in weight management). With the names added to the email address list, it increases the chance the spammers can get through the spam filters of your email supplier (personally addressed mail has a MUCH higher chance of getting through).

Beyond this there is little cause for concern.
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I changed my username and login password. Old username CHRISTINAGILLETTE NEW: HSM2673
    Please update for April Challenge. Just to be on the safe side.
This discussion has been closed.