My emancipation from food addiction has begun!

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    YUM! That meal looks amazing!
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    day 13 and 14 were a bit rough, for some reason it was hard to get up and get going, then for half the day, I just wasn't feeling right. almost like I was sick, but not really. then I get the sleepies around 1 or so pm. I took a couple power naps between deliveries, then in the afternoon, into the evening I felt good and had my energy back. I don't think this has anything to do with my fasting, but my mind was fn with me a bit, telling me, maybe grab a snack and I would feel better... but that is what I used to always do, old habits trying to lure me back! But those old habits are DELETED! :) week 2 weigh in tomorrow morning. My clothes feel looser, so I bet I lots a couple pounds :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    That was a great victory recognizing the old habits trying to creep back and kicking them to the curb. You are doing so good and I hope the scale reflects it and even if it doesn't your clothes are telling the story.
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    Hi tlblanksfit, thanks, I agree!
    Weigh in week 2, 2 pounds lighter! so down to 181:) my goal weight range is 135-150
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Another nice loss KUTGW :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    Update: I just now purchased a new digital scale, since I did not for sure trust the old scale I was using. good thing I did, the old one was under weighing me by 5 pounds! so I am 185.8 pounds now. :open_mouth: So the weight loss is still real, assuming the old scale under weighed the same at the start, I was at around 195
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I hate when you get a new scale and realize your old scale was wrong. I had the same when I got a new scale, but mine was only off by about 1 pound. No matter the scale, the losses are real is right and will continue just as before. Keep up the good work 2.2 pounds is awesome!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Yes, you still lost the weight :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    I hate when you get a new scale and realize your old scale was wrong. I had the same when I got a new scale, but mine was only off by about 1 pound. No matter the scale, the losses are real is right and will continue just as before. Keep up the good work 2.2 pounds is awesome!

It was slightly disappointing, but no longer a big deal to me, the real big deal is gaining control over my eating, and my life, and that is happening!!

• Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options

It was slightly disappointing, but no longer a big deal to me, the real big deal is gaining control over my eating, and my life, and that is happening!!

This is so true, gaining control is what it's all about. And once you do gain control and realize that you're no longer a slave to cravings there is no better feeling.
    Keep up the great work!
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »

This is so true, gaining control is what it's all about. And once you do gain control and realize that you're no longer a slave to cravings there is no better feeling.
    Keep up the great work!

Can I get an Amen? I feel like I am in control of my life for the first time in recollection. I know it sounds corny when I say it out loud, but it rings true for me personally. Keep up the great work and gratz on a great start!!
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    Thanks for the good words! I am a believer :)
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Keep up the great work!

Can I get an Amen? I feel like I am in control of my life for the first time in recollection. I know it sounds corny when I say it out loud, but it rings true for me personally. Keep up the great work and gratz on a great start!!

I gotta second this!! For the first time in my life I feel in control of my eating! It feels amazing!
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss @DarthWaderMT. Inaccurate scales are the worst! But you'll be back there in no time. KUTGW
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    thanks!! what is KUTGW?
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    thanks!! what is KUTGW?

Keep Up The Good Work
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    thanks!! what is KUTGW?

Keep Up The Good Work

nice! Thanks bro!

• DarthWaderMT
    Options
    Holiday success! I went over to spend easter with a big family get together. everyone was nibbling on candy before the big meal and after, and I was not even tempted! It is working! I enjoyed my wonderful meal, and that is all! It was four hours early, but I don't think that will hurt, as long as I don't do it that often. I had a little bit of stomach issues before bed time, but I think it is because the meal was more rich than what I am use to, feel great this morning, ready to complete the 28 hr fast before supper tonight! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Eating earlier is fine, it just makes your next fast longer. You did great yesterday not eating treats before your meal :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    Eating earlier is fine, it just makes your next fast longer. You did great yesterday not eating treats before your meal :)

Thanks! but It was effortless! I know I would be popping jelly beans all day before IF, but now I just had no interest. And my meals taste so much better now that snacking is out!