Plant based log

Options
1234568»

Replies

• x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm thinking about extending the fasting window on the weekends so every week I have the same feed/fast schedule

it would be mon/wed/fri OMAD days and the rest fasting, just a trial run for a couple weeks see how it goes

also will make a couple changes to my OMAD meal, will cut out the 3 servings of grains and replace it with more legumes/tofu and plant based protein powder(mixed in with almond milk and some frozen cherries) this will reduce volume and increase protein, not sure how the calories will be at the end, probably a bit more, not really worry about that, the power salad is the corner stone so that will remain or even increase it with more greens

the crazy thing is as my fasting windows progresses I feel better in the fasted state, more energy/alertness and more important not jerked around by food cravings

I have come to the realization we just don't need that much food for our bodies to run properly, as long as there are fat reserves available for the body to tap into
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Just be careful getting too aggressive. Sometimes that backfires!
  • x3nomorph
    Options
    yes, you are right, there is the very real possibility that it back fires, I'm trying to have the presence of mind that the body should be respected so this protocol is not set in stone at all, If anything I'll reverse to standard OMAD, but so far I feel great, now I'm mentally prepared to face some level of discomfort I'm not gonna quit at the first sight of trouble but I'm not gonna run myself into the ground either haha

that's what makes this exciting , trying to ride the wave without crashing
  • blambo61
    Options
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    yes, you are right, there is the very real possibility that it back fires, I'm trying to have the presence of mind that the body should be respected so this protocol is not set in stone at all, If anything I'll reverse to standard OMAD, but so far I feel great, now I'm mentally prepared to face some level of discomfort I'm not gonna quit at the first sight of trouble but I'm not gonna run myself into the ground either haha

that's what makes this exciting , trying to ride the wave without crashing

Sounds reasonable, just be careful and good luck!
  • x3nomorph
    Options
    got my last OMAD meal of the week, no power salad today, picked up some tortillas and loaded them up with white rice,small red beans, pico de gallo and guacamole, then washed down with orange juice, carb loading untill I literally couldn't breath

no more food till Monday night so praying to the OMAD/vegan gods I don't run out of glycogen before then :D here we go
  • x3nomorph
    Options
    6th weight in 191.0 lbs

underwhelming number, considered I fasted 2 days straight but I'll take it, had my omad meal today at lunch since I want to hit the gym tonight, fell short about 8 hours to my usual feeding time.

last night I felt a little deprived but nothing too hard, a little bit of a challenge but pressing ahead
  • x3nomorph
    Options
    7th weight in 191.3 lbs

not my proudest week, ate quite a bit of crap, still holded the ADF schedule, so hopefully holding some water weight, hit the gym hard too, have to do a better job with my food choices, otherwise this is going to take longer than expected
  • blambo61
    Options
    Be careful. I think the body can be forced to try to hold on to everything if we get too aggressive.
  • x3nomorph
    Options
    fat loss is a painfully slow process, you ll burn at most a couple ounces of fat a day on a good day(in a slightly overweight body like mine)

last week I ate a ton of guacamole, chips, tortillas, fries, greasy stuff loaded with salt, and this last monday I still ate bad, today Im going back to the good stuff, fruits veggies, legumes etc, so I should shed a bit of water weight, we'll see