Sunday 04/01: 174.4
    Sunday 04/08: 172.4
    Sunday 04/15: 173.9
    Sunday 04/22: 174.6
    Sunday 04/29
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up Miss @NikkiJRM. Your progress to me exemplifies the most important traits one must have to succeed in weight loss: patience, perseverance. And when after a long while if neither of those are providing success and one has been totally honest with themselves about their intake (as I perceive you have been)...tweak it. Kudos to you!
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @NikkiJRM Your progress pics are so inspiring!! Your journey, knowledge, and natural leadership has been very important to me so far. Truly, Thank you!
  • jotti101
    jotti101 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am from UK living in the midlands and in London ☺
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    well I knew it would happen! Just gotten back home from Croatia which was great as we see our friends every year and they were astonished at the weight I had lost since they last saw me. That was wonderful I have to say HOWEVER I dropped my guard last day and ate amazing Croatian savoury pastries many many of them! Arrived home and I was wait for it: 6.6 pounds heavier! The good thing is I knew it was water weight and didn't jump out of a window! This morning I am 155.6 which is still up but I was saint like yesterday and mean to continue to be so until I get down again.

So also I see many happy people which is great, I think this group is amazing and can you believe we are heading to the end of April! Next Sunday is the last weigh in so lets all make a last push! Now when I say the last weigh in I just mean for April. I'm just about to post the May Challenge so there is no getting away from this group!

@NikkiJRM I have to add my 2 pence worth, amazing!!

All I personally need now is a group that helps me look 20 (30?) years younger than I am. Well to be honest, I couldn't be bothered, I'm happy to be retired, have grand children and the old face goes with that! Not that I think that I ever looked as very beautiful as you do! <3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @jotti101 goodness a fellow Brit!!
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late...

Saturday 3/31 - 257.8
    Sunday 04/08 - 256.6 WOOT!
    Sunday 04/15 - 255.0 (⬇1.6#)
    Sunday 04/22 - 253.0 - down 2 lbs! Yay!
    Sunday 04/29

I tried IF last week, but I really don't think it's for me. Maybe it was working though, because all month long I've lost very little, then boom, 2 lbs in a week! So, I dunno. I'll try a 'regular' week and then switch back to IF and see if it really was the IF or not.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @phytogurl @chinatowninchina @stormywxs288 @mznik114 @kpk54 @eggfooyamyam
    Thank you so much!!

I'm not sure I've shared before about that before picture. Short version, what should have ended as an amazing day ended up as a wake up call. In the end it worked out though. :)

Does anyone else have a definite wake up call moment? How about some before and after pics???? We all love those! If you're not taking them regularly I encourage it. I'm grateful to those who urged me to take them. Measurements too!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @d_dc_lady You look great! I'd post a photo but I stay very firmly the other side of the camera!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a definite wake up call moment?

I’ve been fighting weight for 40 of the last 68 years of my life. If anyone were to look at my past dieting efforts, I’m sure I would be nominated for best yo-yo dieter for the last 4 decades. I’ve been as high as 210 lbs. and as low as 148 lbs. over that time-period. Also, I have never been on a weight-loss diet longer than 4 months.

Currently I’m on day 107 of my keto journey. That puts me 2 days into my 16th week (4 months). I feel confident that I will continue well past 4 months this time for 3 main reasons:

1. I’m not hungry
    2. I <3 the food I’m eating
    3. I <3 the support this group gives me

With all that going for me, I plan on making it this time one month at a time. In addition, I’m not just chasing a goal this time. I plan on eating this way forever and seeing where it naturally takes me.

Bring on May
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @phytogurl @chinatowninchina @stormywxs288 @mznik114 @kpk54 @eggfooyamyam
    Thank you so much!!

Does anyone else have a definite wake up call moment? How about some before and after pics???? We all love those! If you're not taking them regularly I encourage it. I'm grateful to those who urged me to take them. Measurements too!

Still have a long way to go but I took a pic the other day (in red) and compared it to a pic a couple months ago. Definitely gave me the will to push forward!
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    How about some before and after pics???? We all love those! If you're not taking them regularly I encourage it. I'm grateful to those who urged me to take them. Measurements too!

I have a couple of 'before' pics, but I still don't look any different :disappointed:
    And I do my measurements on the last day of each month, so I'm going to wait to weigh myself til then too (it's a Monday) for our challenge.

Still, I'm pretty happy with how much I've learned and grown (or shrunk!) this month and look forward to another week left to push for that little bit more. May is definitely going to be better as far as activity goes for me. As long as I can get me some good walking shoes. :smile:
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @mznik114 you look fabulous!
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @mznik114 you look fabulous!

Thank you :)
  • jotti101
    jotti101 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to check in and say that I am on holiday with my daughter and today I am having to come off Keto as we are having dinner at Lua restaurant a Michelin star and no substitutes allowed !
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    jotti101 wrote: »
    Hi, just wanted to check in and say that I am on holiday with my daughter and today I am having to come off Keto as we are having dinner at Lua restaurant a Michelin star and no substitutes allowed !

That is no excuse!! :D
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    jotti101 wrote: »

That is no excuse!! :D

"Hey chef! Keto who? Nah, don't know him!"

ENJOY!