April 2018 Challenge

Options

Replies

• NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @River_Goddess Look at you, knocking on 90's door! WOO HOO!
  • VanessaFaith
    VanessaFaith Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am using a new scale... it weighs different than my previous scale. Weight corrections.
    Feb. 19, 2018 SW: 445
    April Challenge SW: 403

Sunday 04/01... 398
    Sunday 04/08... 393
    Sunday 04/15
    Sunday 04/22
    Sunday 04/29
  • rae1388
    rae1388 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Made it through the first week!

Sunday 4/1: 132.4 @ 25.7 BF
    Sunday 4/8: 131.4 @ 25.3 BF (-1 and -0.4)
    Sunday 4/15
    Sunday 4/22
    Sunday 4/29

I was hoping for a better number, but a loss is still a loss.
    I am very proud of myself though because I worked out everyday for at least 20 minutes.

Let's do this week 2!
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @VanessaFaith

Wow, that's incredible progress - so awesome and inspiring!!!!
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Eek! Forgot to post yesterday! Down 0.4 lbs. I'm happy the scale moved (albeit less than a half pound), though I admit I haven't been exercising at all.

I've also read some confusing stuff about only focusing on macros and not looking at total caloric intake. Others say it's really important to do both. What are your thoughts and experiences with calorie tracking and keto?

Sunday 04/01: 164.0
    Sunday 04/08: 163.6
    Sunday 04/15
    Sunday 04/22
    Sunday 04/29
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Monday April 2 - 170.8
    Monday April 9 - 171.6

So close to the 160’s... and I went backwards!

I’m sticking to my keto/carnivore plan and staying under 1200 cals but lately I’ve been waking up feeling puffy, bloated and inflamed.

I’ve paired my diet down to basically nothing but meat, the odd bit of cheese and a morning tea with almond milk and Walden farms zero carb syrup. I have a feeling my tea habit is the problem but I haven’t given it up yet...
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @NikkiJRM That definitely makes sense. I've only been doing Keto for two weeks, and the first week I lost 2.5 lbs with my calories at or around 1580 (which MFP says is a 0.5 lb/week weight loss average for me).

I think my body was adjusting and losing water weight et cetera that first week. The second week I was nearly at the 0.5 lb loss predicted by MFP. I've adjusted the settings to a 1 lb/week calorie goal, which is 1300/day. I'm also aiming to exercise 3-5 times/week going forward. Hopefully that will make the difference.
  • alkatdave
    alkatdave Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just started Keto for the first time yesterday...I know I am late to start the challenge but if nobody minds I would like to join the challenge.

SW-227.2 (4/8)
    4/15
    4/22
    4/29

I am really excited for this journey and I am even happier I found extra support.
  • Stking
    Stking Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I would also like to join the April challenge, if possible. I started last Wednesday and had a carb slip up this weekend.

I'm good during the week since I'm working but at home, and out with my husband and daughter I tend to eat what we have around. But today is another day and I'm hoping I can get some numbers down this week :)

4/9 (SW) - 180
    4/8 - 178.8
    4/15
    4/22
    4/29
  • rae1388
    rae1388 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 I do intermittent fasting too. I usually do 8hr/16hr. Eat between 11am and 7pm. and fast the rest of the time. For me this was actually pretty easy because a lot of time I wouldn't be hungry or would simply just forget to eat breakfast. This mostly just helped me stop snacking late at night. I also like the fact that it means I can eat a bigger lunch and dinner calorie and carb wise because I try to stay below 1200 calories per day, which can be a little hard when you're aiming for higher fats which typically mean a lot more calories. So I aim for 500-600 calories for lunch and dinner, maybe add a little snack if I need it and have the calorie room, but I try not to. This usually keeps me a lot fuller than eating 3 smaller meals and when I did that I tended to get hungry and eat snacks more often. I've heard/read that it's not good for your body to basically eat a little bit throughout the day.
    Dr. Eric Berg explains this very well. Here's the Youtube link if anyone is interested in learning more about it. @d_dc_lady
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCRjwDs1Ek
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    d_dc_lady wrote: »
    What are your thoughts and experiences with calorie tracking and keto?

I did a lot of research before starting keto and what I read, calories aren't supposed to matter as much because you're eating more healthy on a keto diet. Cutting out the carbs, refined sugars, processed foods, naturally brings the calorie count down. That being said, when I used a macro calculator to figure out my macros, my calories also were adjusted. I've just been sticking to that as much as possible. I think mine are set around 1250/day and I'm kind of addicted to coming in below my count because MFP has that lil blurb with my daily food diary "and she came in below her calorie count," but honestly, I'm not really watching my calories throughout the day. Just my carb/fat/protein intake.
  • shizzlebeef
    shizzlebeef Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    SW: 256.4 1/06/2018

4/01/2018 222
    4/08/2018 221

I forgot to post yesterday. I'm aiming for 218-219 this weekend. I hope I can do it!

Good luck everyone else!
  • alylostit
    alylostit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm joining late but here I am!
    Just started latest attempt 4/2

4/1: 275
    4/8: 274
    4/15:
    4/22:
    4/29:
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    calories aren't supposed to matter as much because you're eating more healthy on a keto diet

This may be true for someone who eats meat & veggies but, at the end of the day calories are exactly what matters no matter what diet you keep. The thing with keto is it's incredibly easy to overeat fat. Once people start making desserts & even a lot of the snacks or bpc & using hwc there is a lot of fat. Fat is calorie dense.

I know I personally loved making desserts & keto alternatives to a lot of my favorite foods, but they always have a lot of dairy & butter. I had to skip over many recipes because they would have put me over on calories for the day.

• stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @rae1388: Dr Berg is an incredible source for keto information on a variety of topics. He is really great at breaking down complex topics into small digestible pieces that are easy to comprehend. He is my #! go to keto Sherpa Guide. Here are some other keto gurus I like to watch: Thomas DeLauer, Keto Connect and Mark Sisson

Also there are a lot of super cool keto cooking channels out there. Two of my favs are: Headbangers Kitchen and Lil Piece of Hart

I would love to hear from others what your go to sources for keto info are.