• Thursday after work: Beast Cardio
    • Friday after work: Bulk Back
    • Saturday after work: Rest + Beast Abs
    • Sunday after work: Bulk Shoulders
  • jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Jamie6636 wrote: »
    Well I'm completely off the rails as far as Body Beast goes. Life is busy and I just haven't been able to stay in my routine. The good news is that I have been running and doing a lot outdoors. Im not sure what my plan is from here. Im going to stay part of this group for sure. Not sure if I should start BB over? Maybe go back to H&C. Feeling a little lost and unmotivated but I do know I'm not going to do nothing. Im not gaining weight so thats good!

Monday: Run 3 miles
    Tuesday: off
    Wednesday: Run 3 miles/ Abs,buns, thighs

Thursday:?
    Friday:?
    Saturday:?
    Sunday:?

At least your still moving and enjoying the outdoors. Its been beautiful where I am. I guess ask yourself if you enjoyed bb before deciding to start over or go to another program. I lose motivation more if i dont enjoy the exercise im doing. You gotta do what will fit best with you.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Jamie6636 wrote: »
    Well I'm completely off the rails as far as Body Beast goes. Life is busy and I just haven't been able to stay in my routine. The good news is that I have been running and doing a lot outdoors. Im not sure what my plan is from here. Im going to stay part of this group for sure. Not sure if I should start BB over? Maybe go back to H&C. Feeling a little lost and unmotivated but I do know I'm not going to do nothing. Im not gaining weight so thats good!

Monday: Run 3 miles
    Tuesday: off
    Wednesday: Run 3 miles/ Abs,buns, thighs

Thursday:?
    Friday:?
    Saturday:?
    Sunday:?

Jamie,
    Life happens. A lot. lol
    I'm happy you still want to stay with us here. Whatever you do, doesn't make a difference to us in the sense that we just want you to do what YOU want, what works for YOU and we want to support you in that.
    You're not doing nothing, so you win.
    Regardless.
    Take some time and figure out where you want to be... and let us know when you do !
    We'll be here to root you on !

xx
    K

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    HFM Training - Week 13

Sunday -rest
    Monday - 16 km long run
    Tuesday - 7 km steady run
    Wednesday - 6 km, 8 x hill of doom
    Thursday - 6 km steady run

Friday - rest
    Saturday - rest

Jamie - Just do what you really feel is right for you. That can change day to day, week to week. Life really can get busy, but it’s okay, you do what you can even if it is just taking a deep breath. The running is great, and being outdoors is even better!

Krystina - The race is June 3rd, so one month from today! My back pain comes and goes, and it has an impact on pace. I am working on it, but it may not be fully resolved by race time. Whatever, I am able to run, so will be there on June 3rd regardless!

I am done for the week and will be cheering all of you on for the remainder. This weekend, will be celebrating my son’s first communion and my mother’s 80th birthday. There will be lots of food, champagne & cake (two of them) and will enjoy all of it! Hope that all of you have a great weekend!
  • bianca616
    bianca616 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Finished my week strong and had a good weigh in this morning. I finally started the bulk series and did Chest and legs yesterday and today. Legs was tough! I am off for the weekend and feel good to have completed my 5 scheduled workouts.

Hopefully my busy weekend will not undo any progress this week and I am committed to being mindful of my goals.

Have a great weekend!
  • jlburns2005
    Options
    Mon- chest✔
    Tues- legs✔
    Wed- arms✔
    Thurs-cardio/abs✔
    Fri-back✔
    Sat- shoulders✔
    Sun- rest

Ok i had a good weigh in on thursday then proceeded to eat lots of pasta and chips and queso that my hubby keeps bringing home. Grr i gained 2 lbs back in the last 2 days. Back to work tonight with my meals all prepped and then tommorrow night i cant eat after midnight for labs so that will help. My dinner time is 2-4 am so ill be hungry and tired since no coffee either. Ok my rant is over;)
  • jlburns2005
    Options
    Mon- chest✔
    Tues- legs✔
    Wed- arms✔
    Thurs-cardio/abs✔
    Fri-back✔
    Sat- shoulders✔
    Sun- rest✔ did a daily showdown with a former coworker. I earned my 30000 steps badge. Thats like double my normal
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    I'm so embarrassed.
    Like, really.
    I ate junk food ALL WEEKEND and haven't worked out since Tuesday's Legs.
    Why ? I don't even friggen know !!
    Some combination of stress + work + crap discouraging weather + new things in my life I'M not quite dealing with = Comfort eating and no workout.

Urrggghhhhhh
    I hate it.

But I HAVE TO leave it behind and look forward.
    I have to flush this week down the toilet and watch it swirl lol and say Beubyee dumb week.

So Beuebyeee dumb week.
    I am over with you.
    I am over with it.
    GO a-w-a-y !

Sorry to be a DebbieDowner.

I have to shake this off
    Have to
    Going to.
    GOING TO!!!!!!!!!!!

okokokokok
    enough

Enough

I'm going to restart this week completely on the calendar.
    Week 6 Take 2.
    And going to go outside FINALLY the sun is out.
    THAT will make a heck of a difference on morale too.
    For sure.

Ok
    That'S it
    Enough writing
    More doing
    ;)

Thanks for listening guys....
    Having you to report to IS so vital to my success.

K
    xo
  • Cafelelia
    edited May 2018
    Options
    HFM Training - Week 14

Sunday - rest
    Monday - 6 km steady run

Tuesday - 6 km fartlek (always feels like am writing a bad word)
    Wednesday - 18 km long run
    Thursday - rest
    Friday - 8 km steady run
    Saturday - rest

Had a great weekend, but felt drained this morning. Less sleep than usual, more alcohol and rich food than usual. I had to drag myself out to run and it really was the best thing for me. I continue to try to improve my back so that my longer runs become completely pain/cramp free. Did more research and got new running shoes, which felt great today. Also bought a new pillow and mattress (getting delivered this weekend) and will see how that goes.

Whenever I run, there is always an elderly person on the street cheering me on or giving me the thumbs up. It is really nice. One lady with a walker said to me last week, “You do it girl, because I can’t anymore!!” (She was out walking though!). It made me think that all of us ARE out there doing it! We have good days, we have bad days (or weeks), but we are putting ourselves out there, picking ourselves up after we fall or stall, and we are trying! Thank you for being on this journey Bianca, Jenny, Jamie and Krystina (and all Fierce team members who may not be posting regularly)!!
  • KrystinaMTL
    Options
    Thanks Lisa <3:s<3
  • jlburns2005
    Options
    Mon- chest✔
    Tues- legs✔
    Wed- arms
    Thurs-cardio/abs
    Fri- rest
    Sat- back
    Sun- shoulders
  • jlburns2005
    Options
    Thank you all;)
    @KristinaMTL its a new week;) i was with you in the eating junkfood. It was so yummy but its time to put that behind us. Having the sun out is a nice motivator. Ive been outside a lot lately;) even the hoards of black flies aren't keeping me away.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    HFM Training - Week 14

Sunday - rest
    Monday - 6 km steady run
    Tuesday - 6 km fartlek (always feels like am writing a bad word)
    Wednesday - 15 km long run

Thursday - rest
    Friday - 8 km steady run
    Saturday - rest

Had two great runs Monday and yesterday, but then smack/boom, a nasty one today. I hit a wall and have to admit it, I cried when I had to cut my long run short at 15 km (it was supposed to be 18 km). I had the morning off, waited to almost midday to start, and only realized after I started that it was pretty hot out and no shade at all. Not sure what happened but think that I overheated and my back started hurting a lot, after having no pain on my recent runs. Just feel destroyed and filled with self doubt.

So please bear with me as I post this gratitude list to dig myself out of this new hole. I am grateful for this experience as I learned to be mindful of tempature and pace, and to listen to my body. I am grateful that I was able to run 15 km, in my nice new shoes and on a beautiful day. I am grateful that this happened now and it will help me have coping tools for my upcoming race. I am grateful that I have a few more weeks to train and work on my back. I am grateful that I am part of this supportive group. I am grateful that I live close to a great bakery where I can pick up dinner tonight for my family to give myself a break from cooking. I am grateful for a hot shower and the foot massager that I bought last month! I am grateful for my running as it has given me so much.

Ok, done for today!

• jlburns2005
    Options
    Mon- chest✔
    Tues- legs✔
    Wed- arms✔
    Thurs-cardio/abs✔
    Fri- rest
    Sat- back
    Sun- shoulders

I really haven't been feeling it this week but I'm pushing thru and pressing play.
  • bianca616
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »

So please bear with me as I post this gratitude list to dig myself out of this new hole. I am grateful for this experience as I learned to be mindful of tempature and pace, and to listen to my body. I am grateful that I was able to run 15 km, in my nice new shoes and on a beautiful day. I am grateful that this happened now and it will help me have coping tools for my upcoming race. I am grateful that I have a few more weeks to train and work on my back. I am grateful that I am part of this supportive group. I am grateful that I live close to a great bakery where I can pick up dinner tonight for my family to give myself a break from cooking. I am grateful for a hot shower and the foot massager that I bought last month! I am grateful for my running as it has given me so much.

Ok, done for today!

I LOVE THIS!!

You are so right! We must remind ourselves often of all that we have to be grateful for. This was just what I needed to read this morning. Thank you!! <3
  • bianca616
    Options
    @KrystinaMTL

You know what I will say to you because I have already but once again, Dont be so hard on yourself. You will get back there. Nothing has changed. You are still committed to your goals and this was just a small speed bump in the big scheme of things. Sometimes we need that reset to shake us up and help us move ahead. You have made some real progress in recent months and you know it. Don’t let this last week make you forget that. Let me remind you...YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!! YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME! AMAZING! INSPIRING!!

I honestly couldn’t keep this up without you.

We are all here for you and if ever you need reminding of how great you are and how far you have come, we will happily tell you. <3<3
  • Jamie6636
    Jamie6636 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am ready to hit the reset button and make a plan for myself next week. I got a really good workout in today. It is amazing how much that helps the get more motivation. I have to do something totally different right now. This weekend will be busy for me so hopefully I can get a workout or 2 in.

Monday: Step aerobics /Abs Buns Thighs
    Tuesday: Elliptical or run 45 min - arms
    Wednesday:Step aerobics/ Abs Buns Thighs
    Thursday: Elliptical or run 45 min -stretch
    Friday: off
    Saturday: Step aerobics/ Abs Buns Thighs
    Sunday: ?

Why is it so dang hard to get motivated again?

• Cafelelia
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Will record my exercise in a post later today. Just wanted to address everyone re the motivation issues many of us have been experiencing.

Thanks Bianca for your tremendous honesty, postitivy and support, it really helps all of us! Krystina, you are never a Debbie Downer and you never have to be embarrassed about anything! So you ate some junk food (I would live on it if I could)! You already are a great success!! You too Jamie and Jenny!!

None of us seem to be feeling it right now, and I am seeing it all over the MFP community. We all have different reasons. We are very far away from January, and the postivie energy of the new year. Maybe we feel we are not where we thought we would be. Maybe we are downright tired and stressed as life happens in spite of our plans. Maybe health issues are getting in the way. Maybe we are bored with what we are doing and need a change, but can’t figure it out. The warm weather is here and that is great, but we are moving into a more bodycon time where we cannot hide behind sweaters, coats etc. Maybe we feel like we are trying and trying and it just is going nowhere. It just seems so effortless for some people to be at their ideal weight, to be skinny. Why do others have to work so hard? It can be hard not to feel resentful.

As a fluctuator, this is a dangerous time for me. I am almost halfway to goal and in my past two attempts, this is where I give up. But, this is the time to dig deep and remind myself that it is a mental game, just as much as it is calorie counting and exercise. I need to look at why I give up. A big part for me is feeling like I just will never be successful so why bother. Another big part is feeling resentful that I have to make this effort at all. But if I go deeper, these reasons just do not hold water. I know that I can be successful because I already lost 18 lbs. And so what if I have to work hard to lose weight?! I have worked hard for many things, most of the best things in my life. If I am really honest, the good far outweighs the bad, so why waste time being resentful?

The mental stuff is hard, but it is ok to take a pause to regather our thoughts, and reset if we need to. It is ok to fall because each of us can (and will) get back up again. That is what being fierce is all about!

One more thing, I give myself permission to make myself a priority and to welcome and enjoy great things into my life! I deserve it, & we all deserve it!!

A big hug to everyone!!
  • bianca616
    Options
    kf4qhpq643qu.jpeg