Options

Replies

• xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    katrados wrote: »
    Hello everyone, is this a Keto meal?

https://tasty.co/recipe/bacon-bbq-chicken-loaf

Planning to cook that for lunch tommorow wondering also how to count the calories.

Looks good. Does anyone know what BBQ sauces are low sugar? I can't seem to find any in my local stores.
  • katrados
    katrados Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I will try to add the recipe to the app an than calculate the amount how much I eat of the loaf.
    I was planning also to skip the barbecue sauce. It should be tasty enough from the spices, vegetables and bacon.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @xDaniDragonflyx

I think I've heard that Stubbs BBQ sauce is pretty low. I've seen it at Aldi and Walmart.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Tonight was a “what can I cook up really quickly using whatever’s in the fridge” night here and it turned into a really tasty dinner. It turned out to be 5.5 net carbs, 54 g of fat, and 48 of protein, about 700 calories total for a very filling, satisfying dish.
    Thought I’d share in case it sounded good to anyone else (well, anyone else who hasn’t cut out dairy...it’s cream and cheese-heavy!):
    Sauté about 3/4 cup of riced cauliflower in a tablespoon of olive oil until it’s soft. Add chopped cooked chicken breast (mine was about 150 g before I cooked it - I cook several different packages of meat ahead of time for the week), 2 slices of cooked crumbled bacon, and a chopped jalapeño pepper and sauté until warm. Add 1.5 oz heavy cream, about a tbsp of cream cheese, and 1/4 c. of cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
  • SamFranks99
    SamFranks99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Planning to cook that for lunch tommorow wondering also how to count the calories.

Looks good. Does anyone know what BBQ sauces are low sugar? I can't seem to find any in my local stores.

Here's a recipe i found for Carolina style sauce.

1 Gallon Cider Vinegar
    1 1/3 Cups Crush Red Pepper
    2 Tablespoons Black Pepper
    1/4 Cup Salt

I make a pint or quart at a time. It is thin so sometimes i thicken it.

Like to take a pint and a hunk of pork in instant pot, pulled pork for a week.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I was starving while out with my husband and instead of fast food bought oven roasted deli meat and ate that instead! I'll just have to eat a little more fat to compensate for the leaner cut of meat!
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options

This is a sugar free bbq sauce if you don't want to create your own:

G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free Honey Flavored BBQ Sauce
    G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free Hickory Flavored BBQ Sauce

I've been able to get them at Albertson's (which is also Safeway) and it's also on Amazon in more than just these 2 flavors and I've been impressed. Be aware the Honey is very sweet tasting.
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    pendennis wrote: »

This is a sugar free bbq sauce if you don't want to create your own:

G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free Honey Flavored BBQ Sauce
    G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free Hickory Flavored BBQ Sauce

I've been able to get them at Albertson's (which is also Safeway) and it's also on Amazon in more than just these 2 flavors and I've been impressed. Be aware the Honey is very sweet tasting.

I found a sampler pack on Amazon of 3 sauces for $20. https://amazon.com/Hughes-Smokehouse-Sugar-Free-Sampler/dp/B00PF5M0TY In case anyone else wants to try some. ^_^
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @skctilidie congratulations on your success! This way of eating really helps to burn that fat! So glad that you are able to wear your summer clothes and eventually go shopping for smaller sizes!

I have been continuing on with a strict diet and have been able to drop another 4/10 of a pound. My goal is to drop another 10 pounds. This I am going to do very slowly Ounce by ounce. Then I will be attempting recomposition. This is a very hard process. I'm so glad that there are people on this site that have gone through this experience. It's nice to have people to go to that are experiencing or have experienced the exact same thing you are. Especially the struggles!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @d_dc_lady Congratulations on your successful weight loss :)
  • skctilidie
    Options
    d_dc_lady wrote: »
    My NSV for this week - these shorts that barely fit me 30 lbs ago. Right picture is probably around 185-190lbs and I am struggling to suck in my gut. Left is today at 158. Small changes add up, sometimes slowly, but it's so worth it.

p6bv7vkn9b7i.png
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I have officially lost 70 pounds today! I have dropped 10.8 pounds since my three-week Keto challenge that started April 2. My husband has dropped 16.2 pounds since then. Love this way of eating!

Congratulations to you both! What great work. :smiley:
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @skctilidie thanks! A lot of hard work and sacrifice I wish I had known about Keto from the very beginning :)
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I have officially lost 70 pounds today! I have dropped 10.8 pounds since my three-week Keto challenge that started April 2. My husband has dropped 16.2 pounds since then. Love this way of eating!

That’s amazing!
  • fitzma1121
    fitzma1121 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Just joined this group hoping to ask some questions. I started keto a few weeks ago, and only found MFP 2 weeks ago. I used an online calculator to determine my macros and so far am comfortable with the guidelines. I'm satisfied after meals, with no desire to snack, my energy is good, and I'm down 7 lbs.
    I'm wondering about times when I can't hit all my macros exactly. I tend to get a bit OCD about numbers, and when faced with a situation where I'm short 3 grams of protein, but anything I have on hand to add to hit that number will push me a few grams over in fats, I play with the diary forever, trying to make choices that fit, but I'm wondering if I'm making this too complicated.
    In the above example, is it better to hit protein target even if fat is slightly over, or hit fat total even if protein is slightly under? Do 2-3 grams really matter either way? How close to these numbers do I really have to be? I'm religious about my carbs, because I don't want to fall out of ketosis.
  • skctilidie
    Options
    fitzma1121 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone. Just joined this group hoping to ask some questions. I started keto a few weeks ago, and only found MFP 2 weeks ago. I used an online calculator to determine my macros and so far am comfortable with the guidelines. I'm satisfied after meals, with no desire to snack, my energy is good, and I'm down 7 lbs.
    I'm wondering about times when I can't hit all my macros exactly. I tend to get a bit OCD about numbers, and when faced with a situation where I'm short 3 grams of protein, but anything I have on hand to add to hit that number will push me a few grams over in fats, I play with the diary forever, trying to make choices that fit, but I'm wondering if I'm making this too complicated.
    In the above example, is it better to hit protein target even if fat is slightly over, or hit fat total even if protein is slightly under? Do 2-3 grams really matter either way? How close to these numbers do I really have to be? I'm religious about my carbs, because I don't want to fall out of ketosis.

For me, I aim to be at or below my carb limit, at or a few grams above my protein goal, and eat enough fat to be satisfied and not hungry between meals. For me, that means I almost never eat all of my allotted fat grams, but am generally within 10-20 grams of it. It seems to be working fine - I’m down 15 pounds in less than 6 weeks.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I've been MIA due to ... life and vacation.

This is what I was doing all last week.
    https://youtu.be/kk5f2vq-l9U

Came home to celebrate my 40th wedding anniversary, Mother's Day and the announcement of Grandbaby #14 on the way!

Did well with the diet over vacation. We had no choice of food but the chef of the boat worked with us and gave us sauteed veggies and lots of butter and didn't stress that we refused the pasta and starchy foods. She also made sure there were snacks on hand special for us after a dive. The other divers all got cookies and muffins but we had our nuts so we were happy. Being on a boat for 7 days and no open access to food helps. lol Glad to be home though even if there is more food temptation here.

Reading back and catching up. Everyone looks great!

This discussion has been closed.