Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I've never heard of riced broccoli! I just saw the riced cauliflower on a commercial for the first time today. It may come in handy for Keto pizza crust. :)

I haven't made a cauliflower crust yet for keto pizza. But that does sound interesting. This riced broccoli was 'cheddar cheese' flavored, and I didn't taste it at all. It was pretty plain.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Day 6 here. No energy, headache and strong heart beat. I vaguely recall all this happening last time which was 4 years ago. First days so hard!!

Hi you maybe need to watch your electrolyte balances especially make sure you are having enough salt.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    riced broccoli or cauliflower are really easy to make, just buy a head of either/each and fine grate them! Gently stir fry with some spices and you are good to go, add what you fancy to it and eat!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Day 6 here. No energy, headache and strong heart beat. I vaguely recall all this happening last time which was 4 years ago. First days so hard!!

No energy and headaches make me wonder if you are getting enough fat and/or salt.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    @Champion4ever I do 19:5 fast with Keto. I have great success.

Today and tomorrow I am doing my chicken broth fast. I had too many carbs the last few days and want to go back into ketosis. I'm still attempting to cut 10 pounds I'm hoping to do that before the end of June.

I was doing 0 carb keto and 16:8 IF. It was great while it lasted. I fell off the wagon and haven’t full gotten back on yet. When I do, (hopefully this weekend), that’s the plan.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I've never heard of riced broccoli! I just saw the riced cauliflower on a commercial for the first time today. It may come in handy for Keto pizza crust. :)

I tried riced cauliflower pizza and tator tots. They were alright... the only way they work is if you go crazy on the cheese to hold them together and I have to limit my dairy intake. :neutral: .
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken pizza crust...tastes good, hard to get it super crispy, but it can be done...
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Simeroda:
    Everyday I do an AM bouillion cube, in hot weather a PM one as well,
    And I also supplement potassium, magnesium and a multi vitamin.

I need these things DAILY, or else I experience all the symptoms you mentioned. There should be info about electrolytes and sources in the keto info section, or just Google it. It's been pretty critical for my success to the point that I carry a spare set of the supplements in my purse just in case the heat gets me off balance from drinking extra fluids.

I've been at this keto/low carb thing a long time, and that has never, ever changed for me. I just accept it as part of the keto life and am grateful for all the amazing heath benefits that I'm experiencing.

Hope you feel better soon. The benefits are so great.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    @elize7 Great idea using the bouillon cubes! I'll have to get my own stock pile.
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think I found out how to add a picture:

zckijx4hf4ho.jpg

This is what my journal page looks like, and how I keep track of my pounds lost then my rewards are listed as a game spot too. :smile:

This is amazing! I'm going to make one!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I used to use bouillon cubes but stopped when I real how much MSG was in each packet.
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've been doing some trial and error with my meal times and amounts. I was doing 3 meals/day the first 3 weeks, but realized I was not hungry in the mornings, so I dropped breakfast (except coffee with a tablespoon of heavy cream... must... have...coffee!). I went to 2 meals/day, with meal 1 (lunch) around noon and meal 2 (dinner) by 6:00/6:30 at the latest. But I felt so full all evening, even past 10:30pm when I'm getting into bed, and I don't like that heavy feeling when I am trying to go to sleep.

Yesterday I started having one meal a day at lunch time. I wanted it to be a dinner time meal, but I get too hungry by noon. I definitely didn't eat enough yesterday (around 950 calories) and was feeling mildly hungry by 9:00pm. Today I got in a little over 1100 calories by having my lunch spread out over an hour.

I'll see how I feel through the evening, but so far, this feels like it may work. Everyone is different, so it takes time and listening to your body to see what works for you, your schedule, and your tastes.

Personally, I love eating once and being done with it for the day. I also have found my favorite indulgence when I need more fat in my meal - chocolate whipped cream. Just heavy cream, granulated sweetener of choice, and cocoa powder. An hour in the fridge and it has the taste and texture of chocolate mousse.

I hope you all have a great weekend! I am going to visit family, so I may not be able to keep to my OMAD Saturday and Sunday, but will be keeping keto. :smile:

• fanncy0626
    Options
    @d_dc_lady I am going to have to try your chocolate mousse recipe! Sounds like that would be a great sweet tooth indulgence.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    I used to use bouillon cubes but stopped when I real how much MSG was in each packet.

@4031isaiah

There are a couple brands that are MSG free...

And remember that there's a difference between natural MSG, like what is in soy sauce, etc., and added crap... (hugs)
  • rae1388
    rae1388 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @d_dc_lady homemade keto chocolate whipped cream is my 1# go to when I NEED chocolate. It's so quick, easy, and delicious. :smiley:
  • 4031isaiah
    edited May 2018
    Options
    rae1388 wrote: »
    Confession time.... So after weighing in on Sunday at first I was ok with my results so far, but the longer it set the more disappointed I was. I thought I gave up so many of my favorite foods. Stayed below 32g carbs the whole month of April(the second half I stayed below 20g), AND I exercised in some form of way every day as well, but all I lost was 3 lbs?!
    I tried telling myself it was ok because my pants are fitting better, progress is happening, but I still kept thinking that maybe since I starting exercising again, maybe that alone was doing it and I could go back to the healthy eating I did before and not give up so many things I like. Then I finally measured myself again(I did at the beginning of April) and I have lost 1.5" in my waist, 2" in my hips, 0.25" in my thighs, and even a little in my arms. This made me feel a little better because that's pretty awesome. But the 3lbs still weighed heavy on my mind.
    But regardless of my doubt I was starting to have about Keto being the right option for me, I still haven't stopped Keto, because the other thing I kept telling myself is that I've only been on Keto for a month, maybe give it a total of 2-3 before giving up completely.
    Well today I fit perfectly into shorts that I can't remember the last time I wore them, and I know when I did they were really tight in the waist so I wore a loose shirt to come the roll. I'm wearing a tight fitted shirt today.
    Then I got on the scale. Even though I had a big dinner and keto ice cream last night, I still had lost a little more weight and am a number that I know realistically will jump up a little again, but to see that number was pretty awesome and it has given me a booth of confidence again.

So what I want to say to everyone else. Don't give up even when you get really discouraged. Just keep going.
    I'm still not at my target, but I'm still making progress and that's what matters.

I often forget how important It is to take measurements. It’s something I never do and would probably help keep Me on track better. I lose very slowly, if at all… But I bet I would have shown progress in measurements if I had been smart enough to keep track.
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »

I often forget how important It is to take measurements. It’s something I never do and would probably help keep Me on track better. I lose very slowly, if at all… But I bet I would have shown progress in measurements if I had been smart enough to keep track.

I take my measurements once a month. And I record them, no matter what the results. But when I'm seeing the scale creep down slowly, the measurements are what give me hope, because when the scale fails me, my measurements are going down by inches every month! That's amazing progress!

"It wasn't put on in a day," is what I tell myself every time I feel discouraged about something. It's a sort of mantra for me.
  • katrados
    katrados Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, is this a Keto meal?

https://tasty.co/recipe/bacon-bbq-chicken-loaf

Planning to cook that for lunch tommorow wondering also how to count the calories.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    katrados wrote: »
    Hello everyone, is this a Keto meal?

https://tasty.co/recipe/bacon-bbq-chicken-loaf

Planning to cook that for lunch tommorow wondering also how to count the calories.

It looks Keto. I would enter the recipe into the app and it does the break down for you. Then you will know how it fits the macros.
This discussion has been closed.