Brenda's Maintenance Journal Year 1

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Great job, Brenda!!! That is so awesome!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Great job, Brenda!!! That is so awesome!

Thanks Britt <3
  • Brendalea69
    Remember how I said I was planning on doing OMAD 4 or 5 days a week? ;) Well I've decided that from now on my maintenance plan will be OMAD As Needed. This means that I will eat mindfully each day and if my weight is not where I want it to be by the end of the week then I will have however many OMAD days it takes to get me back to where I want it to be. :)
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    I like that plan!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Sounds like a perfect plan!
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks girls <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Won't hurt to try. If you don't like it, you can always change.
  • brittdee88
    That plan sounds PERFECT! And you may find that you still stick to OMAD with mindful eating, too. That's pretty much what happened to me. I was only getting hungry once per day most days unless I worked out.
  • Brendalea69
    edited May 2018
    So far I feel great :) I've done mindful eating for 5 days with no counting carbs or calories and I'm only up 3.2 pounds so today was an OMAD day and if I'm back down to 124 tomorrow I will start mindful eating again but if I'm more I will do another OMAD day.
  • blambo61
    Mindful eating for me would be eating the house and enjoying every bite!
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Nice job, it is great to be in control and discovering what works best for you! I just saw your pics at the beginning of this thread, amazing transformation!
  • Brendalea69
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Mindful eating for me would be eating the house and enjoying every bite!

LOL :D
  • Brendalea69
    Nice job, it is great to be in control and discovering what works best for you! I just saw your pics at the beginning of this thread, amazing transformation!

Thanks <3
  • Brendalea69
    It worked!!! I ate mindfully for 5 days and OMAD for 1 day and I'm right back to my last weekly weigh in weight of 124. You can tell which days that I had desserts and other carby foods by the jump in weight on certain days. I now know that mindful eating along with 1 or 2 OMAD days will keep me in the 120's :)

Sat.....124
    Sun....127
    Mon...127
    Tue....126.2
    Wed...125.8
    Thu....127.2 OMAD/LC/LC
    Fri......124
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Excellent!
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Outstanding as usual
  • blambo61
    Brenda, what is your definition of mindful eating?
  • Brendalea69

Eating less and not eating like it's my last meal all the time.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Eating less and not eating like it's my last meal all the time.

Being mindful is how I would describe how I'm trying to approach my meals now, especially in the sense of being mindful of not eating too fast. I still have to work on this so that I allow enough time for the sensation of fullness to set in.
  • brittdee88
    Excellent, Brenda! I think this will be my ultimate plan as well. I loved intuitive eating, and it makes sense to then use OMAD if you creep up too much. How did you decide when to OMAD? I feel like I would've freaked out at the 127 and then did the OMAD, but what you did worked perfectly, and you had a lot more freedom than I would've given myself! I love that you're so in tune with your body!