TEAM: Gutbusters (May)

Options

Replies

• inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I can't weigh in until tomorrow (1 day late) as I have been out of town for 7 days and no scale in the hotel room.
    Will weigh in tomorrow morning and post the damage to my weight from eating out at restaurants for a week.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Username: aeloine
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Last week's weight: 220.6 lbs
    This week's weight: 221.6
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I hope you all are doing well.I am in emergency for 2 days.Constantly been given strong pain shots because of the intense back pain.MRI will be carried out soon.
    Ok
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    I can't weigh in until tomorrow (1 day late) as I have been out of town for 7 days and no scale in the hotel room.
    Will weigh in tomorrow morning and post the damage to my weight from eating out at restaurants for a week.

@inshapeCK. OK to be a day late for weigh in.

It's hard to maintain healthy habits (eating and activity) when on the road. Whatever it is, it is.

I find when I am away, I tend to do more (more active). As long as I don't overdo the eating, I am usually fine. I tend to preference higher protein, low gluten foods when eating out.

For me, Asian foods also are good (which helps when travelling - usually can find Chinese, Japanese or Korean cuisine somewhere). Asian style food also tends to be low gluten as it is often not gluten grain based (rice although a grain is gluten free). I found, through diet experimentation, that I likely have a gluten sensitivity, so Asian food is a good fit for me.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    fe452436 wrote: »
    I hope you all are doing well.I am in emergency for 2 days.Constantly been given strong pain shots because of the intense back pain.MRI will be carried out soon.
    Ok

@fe452436. Hope you can get relief from that soon. Back pain is debilitating.

Hopefully with the MRI they find the cause and can find a way to eliminate it.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Username: Stimpy56
    Week: MAY WK 3
    Weigh day: Thursday
    Previous week: 235.5
    Current weight: 235.5

• HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    HSM2673
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Starting weight: 148.8
    Week 1: 145.8
    Week2 : 145.5
    Week3: 147.3
    In the process of moving, have been eating out more.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Happy weigh-in day for: @parinzz.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    May 17
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 3km in 22mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Good pace today, but short walk and late because of work.

Daughters first performance in the school musical went well. She did very well. Very polished production overall.

Power was out when I got home, but fortunately was on before midnight.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for May 17 is side lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    May 16
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Wednesday (Thursday this week as was out of town Wednesday morning)
    Previous Week's Weight: 149.1 pounds
    Todays Weight: 149.3 pounds

Only up 0.2 pounds after being out of town on vacation for 7 days! WOOHOO!! :)
    Ate a bigger breakfast than usual every day as the hotel came with breakfast and ate about 1 meal at a restaurant every day (lunch or dinner) and ate a lot of birthday cake but for the other meal each day we made sandwiches or snacks to go (e.g., grapes, carrot sticks, muffins) or had leftovers from our mini fridge and we walked a TON so I didn't do as bad as I expected. I thought I would gain a few pounds at least. So happy and pleasantly surprised. <3
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    May 16
    Tracked Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes 15000 steps throughout day
  • craigo3154
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh in day: Wednesday (Thursday this week as was out of town Wednesday morning)
    Previous Week's Weight: 149.1 pounds
    Todays Weight: 149.3 pounds

Only up 0.2 pounds after being out of town on vacation for 7 days! WOOHOO!! :)
    Ate a bigger breakfast than usual every day as the hotel came with breakfast and ate about 1 meal at a restaurant every day (lunch or dinner) and ate a lot of birthday cake but for the other meal each day we made sandwiches or snacks to go (e.g., grapes, carrot sticks, muffins) or had leftovers from our mini fridge and we walked a TON so I didn't do as bad as I expected. I thought I would gain a few pounds at least. So happy and pleasantly surprised. <3

@inshapeCK. Sounds like you had a great week.

I find, unless you have a largely inactive vacation (ie. a week in a resort where you lie by the pool and drink and snack instead of get out and see the sights) your weight will tend to do quite well in self regulating.

The extra activity often largely compensates for the treats and larger meals.

Hope you came back energised and ready to face the world again.

Life is to be lived.

(Unfortunately I need to track, even on holiday, as experience has shown that my self-regulation mechanism is broken (and in probably the opposite way people expect - I don't get hungry). I just don't stress about it, it's a limitation I know about myself and I deal with it. Fortunately MFP makes that easy).
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    May 17
    Exercised?: No, but walked between meetings and got in 18,000 steps.

Sad not to have been able to hit the gym more than once this week, time slipped away from me at work as it's hectic at the moment and had to get home early all week to feed the cat and stay on top of domestic jobs as my better half has been working evenings solidly - the challenges of marrying an astronomer!

We have a large group of friends coming over on Saturday so tomorrow we're off work to finish straightening out the house, that might have to count as my exercise. Will do my best to stay on track with food this weekend - at least I'm catering it!
  • craigo3154
    Options
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Last week 140
    This week 140
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    May 17
    Exercised: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes

Spent two hours yesterday morning helping to move 8-foot long wooden folding tables for a charity event on a nearby farm, then did a 30 min HIIT workout later. A little sore this morning, but not bad. One new challenge: it's been hurting my jaw to chew lately. Not sure what's up with that
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Username: alydanbeads
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 138.2
    Current weight: 138.2
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Username: typeitdaily
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 239.6
    Todays Weight: 239
  • craigo3154
    Options
    May 18
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 3km in 22mins (hills).

Good pace again today, but short walk and late because of work (again).

Daughter has two performances of the musical tomorrow and mother-in-law is coming to watch (I get along my all my relatives :) ).

Also FPV drone race competition tomorrow. Last one for the current season. Club has asked me to take a committee position. Still thinking on this.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for May 18 is side planks. ()

2 sets
    • First set 15s, 30s each side, wait 2 mins
    • Second set 15s, 30s each side.
This discussion has been closed.