Miranda's Progress thread

Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Glad you are doing well and that the scale is moving in the downward direction. Good luck with trivia!
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Congrats on 15 pounds. You're doing great Miranda!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Just caught up with your thread - congrats on the 15 lbs!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Yay for progress!
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    You guys continue to be awesome. Thank you!
    We did well at trivia. Only won one round, but tied for three others and lost the tie breaker. I had a giant cobb salad, and then some onion rings and french fries.
    Yesterday we did another home chef, orange chicken with jasmine rice and roast broccoli. So good.
    Today I'm up .2 pounds on the scale (probably still sodium from Wednesday), but down another quarter of an inch around my waist. I don't usually take measurements so close together, but it felt like a thin day and I was curious.
    We'll do another home chef tonight. Pork chops with garlic butter mushrooms and mashed carrots.
    Because I was off the rails with eating during my show and leading up to it, I'm being a little bit more strict this week than I usually would. May not be as loose with my eating over the weekend. We'll see how I'm feeling.
    Hope everyone is getting ready for a fun weekend!
  • sammygold2015
    Have a good Weekend!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're losing inches so that's good. I love orange chicken :p
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    Hey again everyone. I'll put my little blurb here, too. My name is Miranda, feel free to call me that or my username. I currently weight 177.6 (down 6 pounds!). I'm 5'3". I've been struggling with my weight all of my life. I was the fat kid growing up. I was able to get down to 125 once, but dealing with medical issues with family members I used food to cope. And then the desk job after college and the scale just kept crawling up. In the process of trying to relearn what hunger feels like, I discovered I'm ok with eating once a day most days. Why not try to do it every day? I would love to get back down to 125 again, but realistically anything under 140 (considered the healthy weight range for my height) I'll be happy with. I'm not as concerned with that final number as I am with how I look and feel. The number is kind of a ballpark. I'm a big nerd, and I would love to feel more comfortable in my cosplays, or cosplay things I've been putting off because I feel like I don't have the right body type.
    I'm going to eat my meal between 5 and 7pm, depending on the day. And I guess I officially started last Monday by accident, so 2/12/18.
    Looking forward to journeying with you all.

So I guess I'll track all of my progress here, and not just what the scale says. I know longer feel really hungry during the day. And for the first time in months I don't really feel bloated, either. Pretty good way to start the week.

Hi Miranda, it is nice to see another RP nerd on this forum. I want to hit a convention like Blizzcon/ComicCon at some point. Like you, have avoided it due to body image issues. I will attend and people watch, but have never dressed for the occasion. Also, I’m a fairly active online gamer.

You reminded me, this is a solid goal. Thanks!

Look forward to seeing your progress and perhaps a cosplay story in the future!

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Mmmmm! I used to use Home Chef, and their recipes are soooo good! I just always had trouble finding enough recipes that fit into my dietary and allergy restrictions. Now that I'm eating poultry again, I may restart my membership in the fall after reading about your yummy meals.
    Congrats on more inches lost! That is AMAZING that you've lost even more so quickly!
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    Hey again everyone. I'll put my little blurb here, too. My name is Miranda, feel free to call me that or my username. I currently weight 177.6 (down 6 pounds!). I'm 5'3". I've been struggling with my weight all of my life. I was the fat kid growing up. I was able to get down to 125 once, but dealing with medical issues with family members I used food to cope. And then the desk job after college and the scale just kept crawling up. In the process of trying to relearn what hunger feels like, I discovered I'm ok with eating once a day most days. Why not try to do it every day? I would love to get back down to 125 again, but realistically anything under 140 (considered the healthy weight range for my height) I'll be happy with. I'm not as concerned with that final number as I am with how I look and feel. The number is kind of a ballpark. I'm a big nerd, and I would love to feel more comfortable in my cosplays, or cosplay things I've been putting off because I feel like I don't have the right body type.
    I'm going to eat my meal between 5 and 7pm, depending on the day. And I guess I officially started last Monday by accident, so 2/12/18.
    Looking forward to journeying with you all.

So I guess I'll track all of my progress here, and not just what the scale says. I know longer feel really hungry during the day. And for the first time in months I don't really feel bloated, either. Pretty good way to start the week.

Hi Miranda, it is nice to see another RP nerd on this forum. I want to hit a convention like Blizzcon/ComicCon at some point. Like you, have avoided it due to body image issues. I will attend and people watch, but have never dressed for the occasion. Also, I’m a fairly active online gamer.

You reminded me, this is a solid goal. Thanks!

Look forward to seeing your progress and perhaps a cosplay story in the future!
    I had put off cosplaying anything for a really long time because I always felt like I was too fat. One day I said f it, and I started with a Captain America USO girl. It was also my first sewing project I did without a pattern, so a big learning experience all around. I regularly cosplay as Black Widow now, but would love to feel comfortable enough to do so without a corset. I've also made my boyfriend's winter soldier costume. We've been to SDCC twice and it was amazing. But also expensive, so definitely an every few years kind of deal. We still hit up a lot of the local cons.
    We're also big DnD nerds, and I often joke I'd love to be able to do half the stuff that my DnD character does. I haven't been playing video games as much due to time with my MFA, but boyfriend still really enjoys them.
    Yay nerdy things! They're great motivators.
  • jadeblue14
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Mmmmm! I used to use Home Chef, and their recipes are soooo good! I just always had trouble finding enough recipes that fit into my dietary and allergy restrictions. Now that I'm eating poultry again, I may restart my membership in the fall after reading about your yummy meals.
    Congrats on more inches lost! That is AMAZING that you've lost even more so quickly!

Home Chef has been a big hit with my boyfriend and I. We used to eat out A LOT, simply because it was easier than figuring out what to cook and the time to do it. So this solved a lot of our problems. But I can definitely see it being easier with out dietary restrictions. Hopefully it'll work out for you!
    And thank you! I felt like I was kind of in a slump for a bit, but after buckling down this past week I'm feeling really good.
  • jadeblue14
    Happy Monday everyone!
    Scale this morning read 166.2, and also a 35.2% body fat. So I'm down 16.8 pounds and 4% body fat since I started.
    I had a bit of a crazy weekend (plumbing issue that caused a leak in our basement...on top of our finished bar). But I did not use food to cope. So that's also big.
    I buckled down a lot last week. I hadn't been feeling good physically. I actually picked up a cold during the run of our show and it lingered. It took a month to lose 1 pound. And then this past week I've lost 4. The woosh has caught up to me. Aside from getting over being sick, which helped a lot, I've also been eating better, and less. I'm still trying to aim for 1200-1500 average calories per day for the week, but I'm limiting the big calorie days to 1-2 splurge meals, and then under 1000 for the rest. It's really helped me focus back up.
    Wednesday and Friday will be my splurge for this week. The rest of the week I plan to keep up the routine. I'll probably get salad works tonight, we have a homechef for tomorrow and Thursday. Wednesday is Trivia, and Friday is session 3 for the DnD game I'm running, and I think we're doing pizza.
    Hope everyone is off to a great start of the week. And that plumbing issues don't befall anyone else.
  • dkayingram
    That is great! Inches count for sure. I have heard great things about home chef but never tried them. I think I like to cook too much, and improvise as well so it may not work for me!

• jadeblue14
    dkayingram wrote: »
    That is great! Inches count for sure. I have heard great things about home chef but never tried them. I think I like to cook too much, and improvise as well so it may not work for me!

Hah, totally fair. I always said the same thing, and I am a good cook at what I know how to cook. I can do all sorts of killer pasta dishes. But that winds up being a lot of pasta. This has worked really well for us in eating better, healthier meals, and not eating out as much. Also saving money on that front. But it is just me and boyfriend in the house, so it might be more difficult/pricey with kids.
  • sammygold2015
    Congrats! I love whooshes!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Congratulations on 16.8 down! That is awesome!
    Sorry about your leak -- I hope it is repaired and back to its former glory very soon!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Awesome about the whoosh! I love our meal delivery service too. It has taken so much stress about what to eat away...
  • jadeblue14
    Oh man, I can't believe it's been almost a month. Sorry guys!
    I've stuck with OMAD, with a few exceptions for special events. My goal was to hit 163 by May 17th (graduation day from my masters program), to give me an even 20lbs lost. When I stepped on the scale that morning, I was at 162.2!
    We had a comic con weekend this past weekend. I spent most of the weekend in a corset, so I wasn't super hungry. But ate lots of pizza and I can feel the sodium bloat. So drinking a lot of water today to make up for it.
    I think I'm going to set my next mini goal of 153, for an even 30lbs, by August 18th. That is my boyfriend and me's 12th anniversary.
  • cecezo
    cecezo Posts: 22 Member
    Wow over 20lbs. Congrats on your loss. I was just catching up with your journey and you've been doing great. It's wonderful you managed to stick with this WOE even when you were not checking in. You are at a stage where you can keep yourself accountable.

Congrats again.
  • dkayingram
    Miranda,
    Missed you!!! Way to go that is awesome! You totally can hit that goal by August!