2018 Move It Monday Challenge

Options

Replies

• MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I got my 100 squats yesterday! I need another 100 today.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Jun 12

68 minute eliptical
    30 squats
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    3.71 mile walk and yoga
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @MmamabearR That is fantastic. I have an elliptical and will be looking forward to this when I use it next week. Do you set up the machine like that or you do it on your own?
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,894 Member
    Options
    MmamabearR wrote: »
    I was watching a commercial for one of these really nice workout machines that I will likely never afford, but it did give me an idea. It talked about workouts that push you at high intensity and then have longer periods of rest in between each interval. I thought, "I can do that on my elliptical." So I warmed up for 3 mins, went all out for 30 seconds, and then slowed down for a minute and a half (90 seconds). I was able to repeat the high 30, slow 90 two more times before I wore myself out. The whole workout was only 10 minutes, but the effort made it feel like so much more. I originally was aiming for 20 minutes, but I may need to work up to that.

I love HIIT workouts! I do them on the bike when I have an opportunity. You can pretty much do any workout that way.
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    @MmamabearR That is fantastic. I have an elliptical and will be looking forward to this when I use it next week. Do you set up the machine like that or you do it on your own?

I did it on my own. It does have an interval setting, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Thank you! I will check it out @MmamabearR . Will keep you posted.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    2.51 mile walk with Einstein and yoga.
  • 77tes
    Options
    I did my little morning walk in the backyard - what a lovely morning it was! Then a short Yoga routine. :)
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Did 40 minutes elliptical
    Squats
    Jumping jacks
    Shoulder presses
  • 77tes
    Options
    I'm taking it pretty easy, trying to get over a cold, so I found some workouts for seniors which are very easy.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Still taking it easy. I have PT again tonight for my hip/SI joint/lower back. I get excited after I go because I feel better, so I go take walks and then I'm down and in pain the whole next day. Now I have to see an Ortho Surgeon because they think I might have a labrum tear in my hip joint. UGH. I'm trying to at least be mindful to not sit at my desk all day. Trying to get up and move every 30 to 60 minutes.
  • 77tes
    Options
    Still taking it easy. I have PT again tonight for my hip/SI joint/lower back. I get excited after I go because I feel better, so I go take walks and then I'm down and in pain the whole next day. Now I have to see an Ortho Surgeon because they think I might have a labrum tear in my hip joint. UGH. I'm trying to at least be mindful to not sit at my desk all day. Trying to get up and move every 30 to 60 minutes.

So sorry to hear you are still struggling with pain.
  • OrlisMoonpie688
    OrlisMoonpie688 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i do water aerobics on Monday. its a great workout and stress reliever. I'm planning on doing it twice a week, weather permitting, lol